+ Reply
Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Dizzy714 It's about time we get an update of what's going on in progress... Wish I could tell you. I have no idea Sent from my iPhone
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,790 Times in 4,022 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    It's about time we get an update of what's going on in progress...
    Wish I could tell you. I have no idea

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Thanks

It's driving me crazy!

Btw, do you still run that wallpaper link? The original one? I remember you converted over to Photobucket, I liked that other website you started it on though.

Thanks

It's driving me crazy!

Btw, do you still run that wallpaper link? The original one? I remember you converted over to Photobucket, I liked that other website you started it on though.
    I've put it all into an app on the AppStore. Search mjwalls. There is a iPad version and a iPhone version.

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi

Thanks

Ah, what about the Desktop download option?

That's what I liked about that other website, had the option to just download everything in either iPhone, iPad, or Desktop sizings.

Thanks

Ah, what about the Desktop download option?

That's what I liked about that other website, had the option to just download everything in either iPhone, iPad, or Desktop sizings.
    Sure. a link to a folder with all three collections up to date with the latest update of the MJWalls App.

https://copy.com/nNswNONfynSg

Thanks

Awesome! Thanks a lot MJ. Going to be incredibly useful when that iPhone 6 with a different resolution drops!

Thanks

Awesome! Thanks a lot MJ. Going to be incredibly useful when that iPhone 6 with a different resolution drops!
    Already starting the 960x1704 collection

Thanks

Nice! Saddened that a lot of these nice iPhone 5 wallpapers acquired over the years that didn't come in desktop versions to be re-cropped to new resolutions are going to have to go to waste. Such a bummer.

Just got done with the DL, sweet. I found my old download from the link before, ish was 4Gb's! Lol. They were all in 1920x1080, assuming that's why the folder size was so large in that one.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 4,595 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Already starting the 960x1704 collection
    How do you have confirmation of the screen res? All iPhone 6 size talk is all pure rumor right now. For the past three iphones the rumor talk prior to release has almost all been complete nonsense.. You have an inside track as a Developer?

Nice! Saddened that a lot of these nice iPhone 5 wallpapers acquired over the years that didn't come in desktop versions to be re-cropped to new resolutions are going to have to go to waste. Such a bummer.
    Unless you mean 'weather walls' and 'timed walls', Diz, most wallpapers are created in PhotoShop from scratch and don't start as photos. So getting them to new resolution without loss in quality would actually be very easy if you own Photoshop. Certainly harder if you have to go looking for original artist. But enough of us own PhotoShop - you can just send us iPhone 5/5S version and we can change size for you..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-28-2014 at 04:33 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (05-28-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does IconOmatic still have that weird bug where it breaks your animations? I've had this tweak installed on my ipad air 7.0.6 and every time I use it, it breaks my animations. Even after the latest update. I've even tried disabling every other tweak I have, and I went as far as restoring my phone and installing only Iconomatic, and it still does this! What gives?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Unless you mean 'weather walls' and 'timed walls', Diz, most wallpapers are created in PhotoShop from scratch and don't start as photos. So getting them to new resolution without loss in quality would actually be very easy if you own Photoshop. Certainly harder if you have to go looking for original artist. But enough of us own PhotoShop - you can just send us iPhone 5/5S version and we can change size for you..
    I've got Photoshop, but you can't enlargen something without breaking up the quality. So I was more meaning the walls that are cropped specifically for i5/S and the original art is nowhere to be found. Or like you said, finding the original artist to have them re-done. It's all good. I'm sure plenty of kickass wallpapers will be made in the newer resolution in the months following release!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgut View Post
    Does IconOmatic still have that weird bug where it breaks your animations? I've had this tweak installed on my ipad air 7.0.6 and every time I use it, it breaks my animations. Even after the latest update. I've even tried disabling every other tweak I have, and I went as far as restoring my phone and installing only Iconomatic, and it still does this! What gives?
    Yes, they still haven't fixed this.

Thanks

I've got Photoshop, but you can't enlargen something without breaking up the quality. So I was more meaning the walls that are cropped specifically for i5/S and the original art is nowhere to be found. Or like you said, finding the original artist to have them re-done. It's all good. I'm sure plenty of kickass wallpapers will be made in the newer resolution in the months following release!
    Pretty much every 'kick azz' wallpaper you've ever liked, Diz, was upsized from iPhone 4/4S to 5 dimensions. The difference between 5S dimensions and the new 6 will be a very minor upsize and minimal to no stretching. With the 5S images already at retina pixel density - there's no way you'll even be able to tell the difference. That's been my experience working with wallpapers in PhotoShop..

Thanks

If there's any stretching whatsoever, that gets noticed by me immediately on a high quality screen. The retina screen is only as high quality as the photo art itself. Can't magically make pixels appear. Yeah the wallpapers sized for the i5 natively are a lot larger when you blow it up on a computer than the iPhone screen itself, but re-cropping it in any way is just getting even closer to the image - which I'd definitely notice quality wise in these retina displays. For instance if I'm taking a 1080p photography picture that I'd like to use as my iPhone wallpaper, I'll set my proper crop resolution and drag the crop from top to bottom of that picture - anything less would be zooming in closer to that photo and the outcome is of lesser quality and not as sharp as I've just zoomed into pixels.

Thanks

Default {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]
    I understand everything you're saying, Dizzy. I just disagree that you're able to see the difference. No one can see the difference. Unless you blow the picture way way up. But no one can see the difference on the iPhone screen itself. If the original image was 2 to 3 times the iPhone screen size to begin with which they all should be if you're not just clicking on an image in a thread, but rather getting the full-size image from the wall designer. The key thing to focus on, which I think you are, is the size of the original. If you have a lousy original that was created for iPhone 5/5S , then on the new iPhone 6 the difference will be very noticeable. But if the image that started was 2 to 3 times the iPhone 5c screen size there is no human eye that will be able to tell the difference when minorly stretched for iPhone 6.

So all I'm saying is, don't worry!. Almost every wall I have on my phone is at a proper original image size thanks to the original artists. Also make sure that you never copy a wall from a thread to your phone where the upload picture was from IMGUR or photo bucket. They're always compressed formats. Ask the original wall designer to send you a link to the full-sized image.

Thanks

Yeah, it's just hard to put in words what I'm trying to say - but I think you're understanding what I'm trying to say. Yeah, the images are 2-3x bigger than the screen size itself, but re-cropping is still making a slight zoom into that image - and another downside is that you don't get the full picture as it was in the new crop for the new resolution, which could be vital on some of the photography landscape pictures we use as wallpapers.

I cannot stand how these websites compress pictures, it's depressing!

Thanks

Yeah. We're on the same page, Diz. It's all about keeping a good library of original square images larger than 1028x1028 that you can recrop to the new iPhone 6 dimensions. MamaJaay taught me all about images and retina. She's a master.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah. We're on the same page, Diz. It's all about keeping a good library of original square images larger than 1028x1028 that you can recrop to the new iPhone 6 dimensions. MamaJaay taught me all about images and retina. She's a master.
    See that's what I wish I had! But I don't. Then yeah, new crops will be perfect for the new resolution. Luckily I got MJ's photography based wallpaper collection DL'd all in 1920 x 1080 before she pulled it

Thanks

See that's what I wish I had! But I don't. Then yeah, new crops will be perfect for the new resolution. Luckily I got MJ's photography based wallpaper collection DL'd all in 1920 x 1080 before she pulled it
    I haven't pulled it. I moved it. I'll add that into my shared copy folder this week

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (05-30-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I haven't pulled it. I moved it. I'll add that into my shared copy folder this week

Ah! Great, thanks! I'm sure there's been plenty added since my last DL.

Thanks

2.8 GB of Wallpapers in various resolutions

One folder with multiple folders inside.
    1) 640x960 (iPhone 4)
    2) 640x1136 (iPhone 5)
    3) 960x1704 (rumored iPhone 6 resolution)
    4) 1280x800 (MacBook Pro Resolution)
    5) 1920x1080 (Most Windows monitors - full 1080p)
    6) 2048x2048 (iPad Retina)

MamaJaay's Walls

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Dizzy714 (05-31-2014), King_O_Hill (05-30-2014), Sk37cH (05-30-2014)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-17-2014, 01:29 AM