+ Reply
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX I too am back to animation bug all the time.. Pretty frustrating. Soon as I uninstall iconOmatic - it goes away.. But I've installed a few
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I too am back to animation bug all the time.. Pretty frustrating. Soon as I uninstall iconOmatic - it goes away..

But I've installed a few new things of late that could be adding a greater level of conflict..
    Recent additions for me:
    • Activator
    • Flipswitch
    • Gridlock 2.0
    • SpringPaper
    • Something from Ryan Petrich that allows for apps in switcher to sleep when phone sleeps.
    • Auxo 2
    • Convergence LS player

My animation bug was very minor to non existent before those tweaks. BiteSMS has also gone thru about 3 more updates in last couple of weeks.. Any of those could be a factor..

I just wish the devs of iconOmatic would add some of the most commonly used tweaks on their test phone and/or get a 5S.. to get to the bottom of this.. They seem to be missing in action..
    So Is the animation bug happening bc of too much ram? If so what causes all the ram to be used?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,805 Times in 4,429 Posts

iPhone has an intelligent way of allocating RAM.. Something iconOmatic and/or other tweaks in combo with it - are doing, is creating RAM to drain to zero and that's what triggers the animation stopping all together.. This condition is technically called a RAM leak.. But Anthony has assured me there is no leak in iconOmatic itself.

What's for certain is that something, directly associated with iconOmatic is draining ram to zero coming out of folders. That's what makes the animation stop..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

iPhone has an intelligent way of allocating RAM.. Something iconOmatic and/or other tweaks in combo with it - are doing, is creating RAM to drain to zero and that's what triggers the animation stopping all together.. This condition is technically called a RAM leak.. But Anthony has assured me there is no leak in iconOmatic itself.

What's for certain is that something, directly associated with iconOmatic is draining ram to zero coming out of folders. That's what makes the animation stop..
    Well i heard there is a patch in flex2 but I downloaded flex 2 but I can't even figure out how to search for it on here

Thanks

http://modmyi.com/attachments/forums...234.116456.jpg

Im trying to find that tweak but I can't find it anywhere in flex 2. What am i doing wrong?

IF the link doesn't work, the patch is called "Iconomatic animation crash fix"

Thanks

Where do you find the fix? I don't use Flex2.. And don't really need it. But sure need this animation bug fix...

Thanks

Where do you find the fix? I don't use Flex2.. And don't really need it. But sure need this animation bug fix...
    Well several people here said that above picture fixes the animation glitch. "Iconomatic animation crash fix" in FLEX2. I DL flex 2, paid 4$ but using the app is like trying to read chinese. I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,611 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Riesinger View Post
    Well several people here said that above picture fixes the animation glitch. "Iconomatic animation crash fix" in FLEX2. I DL flex 2, paid 4$ but using the app is like trying to read chinese. I can't find it anywhere.
    It's here man. U see it?

Go to the Cloud tab, then scroll down to Springboard, and it's there. Click on it, then download the patch. After that, go to patches, or first tab, and then select it.
    Last edited by Krima; 04-20-2014 at 07:57 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-21-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    It's here man. U see it?

Go to the Cloud tab, then scroll down to Springboard, and it's there. Click on it, then download the patch. After that, go to patches, or first tab, and then select it.
    Yeah that doesn't come up on my phone. Its fine, I just remade it lol

Thanks

It's here man. U see it?

Hmmm. Wasn't Flex that widget making tool that came out in iOS 6 days? How does a widget making tool have "fix patches" in it?

And why the hell then can't iconOmatic just fix their own damn tweak? This is just so frustrating to me... (Take a deep breath, Grant....,)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 3,710 Posts

Hmmm. Wasn't Flex that widget making tool that came out in iOS 6 days? How does a widget making tool have "fix patches" in it?
    I also thought it was a means to do your own tweaks. Well, I bought Flex2 a little while back and (to the average user at least) it seems to be a tweak allowing to make patches so (made available novice users like me) apps/tweaks can have fixes on-the-go.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,611 Times in 2,394 Posts

And why the hell then can't iconOmatic just fix their own damn tweak? This is just so frustrating to me... (Take a deep breath, Grant....,)
    I have been using Flex since iOS 6. I love this tweak because u can do a lot with it. I have used it to fix playback issues with an app before, I use it to disable annoying pop up ads and distracting iAds. It's a cool tweak.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-21-2014), King_O_Hill (04-21-2014)

Thanks

I have been using Flex since iOS 6. I love this tweak because u can do a lot with it. I have used it to fix playback issues with an app before, I use it to disable annoying pop up ads and distracting iAds. It's a cool tweak.
    Sounds like it may be worth the $4.. But we shouldn't have to buy a $4 tweak to fix iconOmatic's issue..

Thanks for the plug, Krima. When you find value in a tweak, I usually do too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-21-2014)

Thanks

And we wait we wait we wait.

Past few days I've been forced to run IconOmatic since I'm running E7's AF7ERHOURS, it's a necessity to run IconOmatic with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    And we wait we wait we wait.

Past few days I've been forced to run IconOmatic since I'm running E7's AF7ERHOURS, it's a necessity to run IconOmatic with it.
    Still strange, Diz, that for most of us - we'd RARELY get the animation bug - and now I'm getting it 2-3 times a day.. I've added about 4-5 tweaks since I last did my testing.. Don't I remember you saying - that even with just Winterboard and iconOmatic installed you would get it??

Also - and forgive me if I've already asked you this.. SINCE you first jailbroke, I'm guessing with the rest of us near Christmas 2013, did you ever do a FULL RESTORE 'after' about Jan 15 or so - after Saurik fixed Winterboard? When was your last full restore (before 7.1 came out)? Just refresh my memory.. Oh - and what type of phone do you have?

Thanks

Still strange, Diz, that for most of us - we'd RARELY get the animation bug - and now I'm getting it 2-3 times a day.. I've added about 4-5 tweaks since I last did my testing.. Don't I remember you saying - that even with just Winterboard and iconOmatic installed you would get it??

Also - and forgive me if I've already asked you this.. SINCE you first jailbroke, I'm guessing with the rest of us near Christmas 2013, did you ever do a FULL RESTORE 'after' about Jan 15 or so - after Saurik fixed Winterboard? When was your last full restore (before 7.1 came out)? Just refresh my memory.. Oh - and what type of phone do you have?
    Well yes but no. I can run with IconOmatic 'installed' and be glitch free as long as I have it disabled in Settings, which is how I've been running the past weeks. Kept it installed because, as the creator has even said, for some reason the opacity darkens the dock just with the tweak installed (even if disabled) and Rob built his ClassicDock with IconOmatic installed so to have the correct dock opacity IconOmatic 'needs' to be installed. But, again, always kept it disabled to run bug free.

Full restore 3 times the night before 7.1 was supposed to drop. 64Gb 5S.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

The glitch does not happen when ram is 0. It happens randomly and with plenty of ram. and we still can't figure it out. Absence from a thread does not mean absence from working on the tweak.

There is simply nothing new to report. As far as I can tell the glitch has 0
    To do with ram.

As far as the flex thing I have sent to Anthony. Haven't tried myself. Will do so now. Truthfully I totally forgot about it. I saw it when it was first posted but then WWJC hit and got busy with work

Also I never use folders and get it to happen all the time with out ever going into a folder.

And to be clear I am not dismissing anything or defensive just trying to give the right outlook on it. Truthfully the conflict may be with another tweak conflicting with ours. But then again could be iconomatic. The hunt continues.

Can anyone confirm that the flex patch works?
    Last edited by subywrex; 04-21-2014 at 10:31 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,974 Times in 1,344 Posts

i downloaded that flex thingy about a week or so and never had a animations killed since than,
    first day when i downloaded i was opening apps and folders folders like a mad man and nothing happened
    no animations kill

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meth357 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-22-2014), rolimaster (04-22-2014)

Thanks

Well then I too will spend $4 to get this nuisance out of my phone. But for others that will be too steep..

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Absence from a thread does not mean absence from working on the tweak.
    Absence from "updating the thread on progress" is not good customer service, Suby. Jes' sayin', bro...
    There is simply nothing new to report. As far as I can tell the glitch has 0
    To do with ram.
    Animations going to zero can 'only' happen at a RAM zero-out point. Nothing else can start the speed up from my research. So whatever tools you are using to check for ram allocation/leak problems aren't telling you the whole story. Don't dismiss the RAM issue - though it will require you guys to test alongside some other tweaks to 'catch' the problem....

Thanks for the efforts you're involved in.. It's just been a very long time.. You guys create this amazing integral tweak to themeing in iOS 7 and then it makes our phones buggy as hell.. .. Patience is just wearing thin, my ole friend..

Patiently waiting.. Please give weekly updates on the thread.. Even "been a busy week - no time to work on it" transmits "interest" in working toward a solution.. Thx...
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-22-2014 at 07:13 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

meth357 (04-22-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone know where I can find this setup ImageUploadedByModMyi1398173728.640194.jpg

Thanks

Well then I too will spend $4 to get this nuisance out of my phone. But for others that will be too steep..

Absence from "updating the thread on progress" is not good customer service, Suby. Jes' sayin', bro...
    Animations going to zero can 'only' happen at a RAM zero-out point. Nothing else can start the speed up from my research. So whatever tools you are using to check for ram allocation/leak problems aren't telling you the whole story. Don't dismiss the RAM issue - though it will require you guys to test alongside some other tweaks to 'catch' the problem....

Thanks for the efforts you're involved in.. It's just been a very long time.. You guys create this amazing integral tweak to themeing in iOS 7 and then it makes our phones buggy as hell.. .. Patience is just wearing thin, my ole friend..

Patiently waiting.. Please give weekly updates on the thread.. Even "been a busy week - no time to work on it" transmits "interest" in working toward a solution.. Thx...
    Did u install the flex patch? since I did, the animation bug is gone

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-17-2014, 01:29 AM