Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Hi Andyukka.
    How can you get an overlay without having an IconOmatic theme applied ?
    IconOmatic has its own stock overlay when switch is turned on in iconOmatic. No WB needed. Oddly there is no stock "shadow", though, when that switch is on.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-25-2014)

Hello, it is difficult to all to translate to me all subject with the translator, my question can already and was set. How to make what at included springtomize 3 the last two icons in dock didn't blacken? in version 0.8-1 everything was excellent

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    IconOmatic has its own stock overlay when switch is turned on in iconOmatic. No WB needed. Oddly there is no stock "shadow", though, when that switch is on.
    There is a stock shadow when shadow is switched on and no WB theme selected

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-25-2014), pioneer88 (03-25-2014)

Hi all,
    Is there a way to get folder icons themed with iconomatic?
    I use the foldericons Cydia tweak so have normal icons as folders and was wondering if there is a way to get the iconomatic overlay onto them either automatically or manually?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    There is a stock shadow when shadow is switched on and no WB theme selected
    Hmmm.. It must be "very" subtle.. My icons don't look any different with it turned on. I must not have that distinguishing an eye.. The overlay, however, is very noticeable.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (03-25-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 1jono View Post
    Hi all,
    Is there a way to get folder icons themed with iconomatic?
    I use the foldericons Cydia tweak so have normal icons as folders and was wondering if there is a way to get the iconomatic overlay onto them either automatically or manually?

Thanks.
    Nope, IconOmatic won't apply the overlay on folders... 'Manually' would imply adding the layer to every folder icon in Photoshop.

IconOmatic has its own stock overlay when switch is turned on in iconOmatic. No WB needed.
    Yes, you're right, my mistake. I tested since.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex/TERM4
    Making your own iconOmatic winterboard theme

c. For iPad (Retina):

- iPadOverlay@2x~ipad.png Needs to be sized 152x152 pixels. This image will be applied on top of the icon.

- iPadShadow@2x~ipad.png Needs to be 192x192 pixels. This image will be applied under the icon.
    Is there a way to disable the stretching these images undergo when applied in IconOmatic ?

Doing themes for the tweak would be made much easier, especially when designing for devices we do not possess. Way less trial and error resprings/back and forth chatting with distant testers.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 03-26-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

1jono (03-25-2014), pioneer88 (03-25-2014)

I have a feature request. Since the overlay isn't applied to folder icons, would it be possible to have a setting to not apply shadows to folder icons? I make my folder icons transparent, and make a smaller grid with large icons with tinygrid+, so the shadow looks really out of place.

I understand I may be the only person who would like this.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeStorm For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-28-2014), King_O_Hill (03-28-2014), MamaJaay (03-28-2014), TeddyDiesel (03-28-2014)

Nope, IconOmatic won't apply the overlay on folders... 'Manually' would imply adding the layer to every folder icon in Photoshop.

Yes, you're right, my mistake. I tested since.

Is there a way to disable the stretching these images undergo when applied in IconOmatic ?

Doing themes for the tweak would be made much easier, especially when designing for devices we do not possess. Way less trial and error resprings/back and forth chatting with distant testers.

Thanks.
    The image will always auto fit to the size. Just like an icon image will always auto fit to 120x120.

But I can give you a tip.

Open an icon (doesn't matter what one) once open in photoshop you can increase the size of the canvas (not the image) to the size described in the FAQ.

Now create a new layer below the icon (will be the background layer) and make your shadow. Once you have the look. Simply hide all layers but the shadow you made and save.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

TeddyDiesel (03-28-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,116 Times in 1,871 Posts

Bump for MJ or anyone who updates the documentation page for Iconomatic.

The iPad Retina overlay is still stated that "152x152px" is needed, when I was told by members of the Iconomatic developers, that 156x156px is required. It's a little confusing because we went between a few different overlay sizes throughout the tweaks versions, and I'm always unsure as to if the tweak has been updated to work best with 152px canvas, or the documentation hasn't been updated since the last time I mentioned the discrepancy. I even posted my findings here, with pictures showing the 2 different sized overlays, and the discrepancy.

Thank you.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-29-2014), meth357 (04-10-2014)

The image will always auto fit to the size. Just like an icon image will always auto fit to 120x120.

But I can give you a tip.

Open an icon (doesn't matter what one) once open in photoshop you can increase the size of the canvas (not the image) to the size described in the FAQ.

Now create a new layer below the icon (will be the background layer) and make your shadow. Once you have the look. Simply hide all layers but the shadow you made and save.
    Thanks for the tip.

^ here's the issue, overlit by superimposing the overlay image (its colours inverted for contrast purposes) to what's actually happening on SpringBoard.

The shadow DOESN'T undergo the same distortion.

Last edited by Alfroggy; 03-29-2014 at 06:15 AM.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-29-2014), Sk37cH (03-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Bump for MJ or anyone who updates the documentation page for Iconomatic.

The iPad Retina overlay is still stated that "152x152px" is needed, when I was told by members of the Iconomatic developers, that 156x156px is required. It's a little confusing because we went between a few different overlay sizes throughout the tweaks versions, and I'm always unsure as to if the tweak has been updated to work best with 152px canvas, or the documentation hasn't been updated since the last time I mentioned the discrepancy. I even posted my findings here, with pictures showing the 2 different sized overlays, and the discrepancy.

Thank you.
    That is correct. I will ask Anthony to update it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (03-29-2014)

Here's a pic showing the shadow on a transparent group and the same screen with no shadows. Patience (the current theme) looks so much better with the shadow provided by the wonderful Iconomatic, but it would be great if shadows could be toggled for groups.

-photo.png

Thanks for the tip.

^ here's the issue, overlit by superimposing the overlay image (its colours inverted for contrast purposes) to what's actually happening on SpringBoard.

The shadow DOESN'T undergo the same distortion.

It is possible you may need to make the canvas slightly larger than 152 maybe around 156 like we did for iPhone

I don't have a test iPad to check these things on.

So if you want your overlay to be inset and you have a 2 pixel space between the icon and the overlay the. You need to add px to the canvas size.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    Here's a pic showing the shadow on a transparent group and the same screen with no shadows. Patience (the current theme) looks so much better with the shadow provided by the wonderful Iconomatic, but it would be great if shadows could be toggled for groups.

-photo.png
    We can look into it. But no promises. Just like in iOS6 and older if you had a springboard shadow it showed up on every icon. If you build in a folder icon into the shadow the. You will actually have a folder icon rather than being blank. That's what I do at least.
    Last edited by subywrex; 03-29-2014 at 01:55 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-29-2014)

It is possible you may need to make the canvas slightly larger than 152 maybe around 156 like we did for iPhone
    It's one of the stock themes with IconOmatic... Perhaps my mockup doesn't make this clear. I thought the images would be the required dimensions. For use as a theme template for example.
    Fair enough. I understand this is a free tweak, and that you may have added iPad support to please demand. I don't mind testing if Mamajaay wants help with thoroughly checking alignment. I believe this tweak deserves the images to line up as expected, so themes work in perfect accordance with IconOmatic out of the box.

So if you want your overlay to be inset and you have a 2 pixel space between the icon and the overlay the. You need to add px to the canvas size.
    We don't practice the same maths it seems. It's a matter of proportion. The easiest, you'll agree, is for images to line up as layers in Photoshop rather than to compensate through oversizing them, though.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 03-29-2014 at 03:49 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-29-2014), Sk37cH (03-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,116 Times in 1,871 Posts

Hi mate. I feel we've had this conversation before lol. Thank you.

Congratulations on the release Great work guys and girls!! Much appreciated. Sorry if this has come up before, but there's a lot of issues and opinions been raised over the last few pages, but I have a slight problem. It seems there's a 4px discrepancy between the mask and the overlay (2px on each side of the icon), also the shadow isn't showing. Is the documentation posted HERE up to date with the current public release? If so, what could be causing these issues for the user in question? It's on iPad retina, and he may pop in if you need any further information.

Also, is it possible to add another few pixels to iPad@2x overlay canvas, as you incorporated into the iPhone overlay? Thank you.

I've not released the iPhone shadow skin as part of my package, only as a separate ad-on through my thread, so it's of no real issue.

For the iPad overlay. Yes. Increase the canvas only by 4 px (not the image) the image needs to stay the same. The larger canvas should fix.

I would strongly suggest if you don't want a shadow in your main release to include a blank png. The documents page should be right. Does a shadow come up with one of the default themes?
    Thanks for the info, I'll try the canvas and get back to you on that one. That also answers the other question of incorporating the larger canvas

Regarding the documents page at Untitled Document

It states (at this point in time) "- iPadOverlay@2x~ipad.png Needs to be sized 152x152 pixels. This image will be applied on top of the icon. "
    Maybe you mean 156x156px ?

I'll check what settings he's got on and see if it may be something in there. Thank you.
    I can confirm that iPad Retina does need a 156x156px canvas, and not the 152x152px as stated in the documentation link on the first page. The 4 pixels addition on top of the standard size canvas, as you recommended, is lining up well. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I'll edit the documentation page.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-30-2014)

Can someone make an iconOmatic theme for auros?

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,310 Times in 3,587 Posts

Not sure is it's caused by iconomatic but I have an annoying bug on my iphone5:

After opening some folders always all iOS7 animations (zoom and so on) are gone (till I respring again).
    As i only use iWidgets and Iconomatic probably one of it causes this bug ?

Any idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Not sure is it's caused by iconomatic but I have an annoying bug on my iphone5:

After opening some folders always all iOS7 animations (zoom and so on) are gone (till I respring again).
    As i only use iWidgets and Iconomatic probably one of it causes this bug ?

Any idea ?
    A known memory management issue with IconOmatic that only affects certain phones under certain conditions. Suby has only been able to reproduce the bug once and then never again. They know about it but haven't found a solution yet. Read back several pages to hear about the whole thing.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Blue (04-03-2014), MamaJaay (04-03-2014)

A known memory management issue with IconOmatic that only affects certain phones under certain conditions. Suby has only been able to reproduce the bug once and then never again. They know about it but haven't found a solution yet. Read back several pages to hear about the whole thing.
    Thought you had said that this was fixed in the latest release. Make up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Thought you had said that this was fixed in the latest release. Make up your mind.
    For me yes.. Others no.. Still reports of the issue with newest version.. Dizzy for example.. Now Blue.. Though we should ask Blue if he's on newest version.

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast