Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    What if we put that line in as a placebo effect

lol
    Lol!! Nice try..All I know is something was done that affected memory management in a significant enough a way to be empirically tested - proving there's a difference from 0.9 to 1.2 with regard to memory management. I also know - it's in your personality to say anything to be right, my esteemed colleague. I actually understand that personality trait all to well. ..

All that matters is for most reporting in - several memory related issues (animation speed up - testable/provable leak) have been solved since 1.0/1.1/1.2.. I for one am relieved..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Lol!! Nice try..All I know is something was done that affected memory management in a significant enough a way to be empirically tested - proving there's a difference from 0.9 to 1.2 with regard to memory management. I also know - it's in your personality to say anything to be right, my esteemed colleague. I actually understand that personality trait all to well. ..

All that matters is for most reporting in - several memory related issues (animation speed up - testable/provable leak) have been solved since 1.0/1.1/1.2.. I for one am relieved..
    The only person in this convo that knows if that is true or not is me.. lol. Either way its fixed right? lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-21-2014)

just so you know, iconomatic increases decreases the opacity (making it less transparent) Classic dock with out iconomatic installed is the way the designer made it. Most likely the dock you use was made on a phone that uses iconomatic there for it was designed with the opacity that gets applied when iconomatic is installed.
    Yes this is correct, Bars made it that way without even realizing IconOmatic does that until I made him aware of it when I was trying to ditch IconOmatic a few weeks back lol.

The only person in this convo that knows if that is true or not is me.. lol. Either way its fixed right? lol
    My response PM'ed to you..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-21-2014 at 08:34 AM.

seriously drop it bro.. if you can't tell an obvious troll remark then just don't respond. we would NEVER post a change in the log that wasn't an actual change. Lay it to rest
    My response PM'ed to you..
    Last edited by subywrex; 03-21-2014 at 11:03 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-21-2014), NewdestinyX (03-21-2014)

Actually, he can't tell sarcasm bro.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

seriously drop it bro.. if you can't tell an obvious troll remark then just don't respond. we would NEVER post a change in the log that wasn't an actual change. Lay it to rest
    All good, man! King's right though.. I'm like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory.. Can't sense sarcasm.. Unless you go nuts with emoticons.. ..

Thanks for all the upgrade work!

Im not positive what was said or spoke about over the period of this thread, but I have read the past few pages and notice the pattern in a few concerns. Without addressing any of the combative conversations I would like to state a few things with IconOmatic and assure you all that this tweak is 100% safe, NO memory leaks and I have yet to be able to fix the random animation issue since I can never get it to happen on my device. Now our good friend Suby has recreated the "Glitch (NOT BUG) i'll explain more in depth shortly" and I can further the development on this last an final issue some people seem to be encountering. I am the complete developer of this tweak and take complete responsibility for fixing the glitch so please be kind to Suby he is simply trying to help you all have beautiful devices again and for FREE nonetheless. With that said lets get down and dirty right to the facts which I can assure you, most of your assumptions were false.

Lets get to the main points here and shed some light:

~Release of 1.0~

I receive feedback of 1.0 and some were stating the animation glitch was gone and the tweak was running smooth as I have experienced the whole time. While coding for 1.0 my main objective was memory management since I was not able to do much relative testing up to this point. So rightfully so I continued my suspicion that the animation glitch was due to the device loosing memory over time so i continued on to building 1.1 and further finding any leaks that might occur over the springboards process.

~Release 1.1~

OH NO THERES A CRASH! Some experiencing a boot loop ! What why? I tested before I released!
    Here is why:
    Memory management consist of one thing, (Releasing any objects that are not in use) = [object release];
    Well if you release an object without it having any retain count it will cause a exception and the app will crash. Since this happened on (run time) some were experiencing a boot loop which could of easily been fixed by a hard restart and holding down the volume up button as Saurik has created for us ALL!

With that said ALL my focus on releasing 1.2 was fixing that very minuscule but seemed like very major mistake which I take 100% blame for an am completely sorry it even happened. Moving on....

~Release 1.2 (CURRENT TIME)~
    We are up to date, memory management is complete, tweak is running perfect for 95% of its users 95% of the time and Suby has now provided me with the Log showing me what happens when this (Glitch) takes place. Ok so theres the last controversial topic, what and why is this happening, let me explain in depth. Some might know exact terms I might speak of but will get the overall idea of why,what and how Im going to fix this issue and make IconOmatic 100% flawless for ALL users!

~Animation Issue~
    This was a tricky (glitch) within obj C and iDevices in my honest opinion, as some might have valid reasons to argue but this is besides the point.

Here are valid questions:

What is the animation issue?
    This is a (CoreAnimation) with a CATransaction, happening within ALL our devices when necessary. Nothing within Iconomatic's actual code is this "bug/glitch" occurring, but Iconomatic seems too affect this and create ERROR! This leads us to (what is the error)

What is the ERROR?
    The error I found relavant to our situation when Rick sent me the log is this:
    *CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.

What does this Error mean and why is it happening?
    It means a transaction tried to be completed but was interupted by another process in the background which can be any of the following in obj C

for()
    while()

ect, ect which I do while enumerating al your themes in winterboard and finding the correct theme being used for Iconomatic the apply.

Now comes the question

How do we fix?

Fortunately this is a easy fix now I know what is happening. I will find your theme once on runtime and save the NSString for further use and not have to find your current theme throughout the springboard process which ultimately is the best solution instead of trying to perform my action in current thread an wait to complete animations.

Not much too it, an the tweaks codes are not that complexed hence why I was so confused and could not determine the real problem at hand. So please be patient an know a update will be coming and we will solve the animation issue some users are experiencing asap!

Thanks for reading, thanks for your support and I hope you AL continue too enjoy IconOmatic!

~Developer

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to FreeApple For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-21-2014), Cjmann1ng (03-21-2014), EricB78 (03-25-2014), Kr0NiK (03-21-2014), Krima (03-21-2014), MamaJaay (03-21-2014), NewdestinyX (03-21-2014), pioneer88 (03-21-2014), simer_cool (03-21-2014), TeddyDiesel (03-21-2014), The.Drifter (03-24-2014), tito12 (03-22-2014), Vgutierrez96 (03-21-2014)

Hi,
    I just fininished reading a lot of pages of this thread to see if anybody was experiencing the same bug as me... It looks like I'm the only one.

I have my dock "coverflowed" with Springtomized 3 and the right app icons have the shadow in front instead of back. If I disable coverflow, the shadow is ok.

I don't know if it's a Springtomize bug or Iconomatic.

Does anybody have experience this issue?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bigdey For This Useful Post:

killerdroid (04-05-2014)

Thanks SO much for sharing your journey with IconOmatic, Developer/FreeApple!!. Very illuminating on many levels. Thanks for getting to bottom of it and your commitment to it being 'perfect' in the end. Very grateful for your post!! Many will interpret it differently. But what matters is your on top it!!!

Dizzy - there's help a-comin'?!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-21-2014), pioneer88 (03-21-2014)

Lol, appears so.

But I have about how he explained the animation glitch. Surely I don't understand all of the talk and terms that were being used, but if I read correctly - was he saying that it's a glitch that occurs from the springboard looking for the correct Winterboard theme/overlay? I'm not sure if that's what was being said or not. Reason I ask is because I was able to create the glitch with all IconOmatic options off, no Winterboard theme enabled, just IconOmatic enabled in itself - so IconOmatic isn't looking for a theme overlay. Unless it's always looking for a theme even with the toggles for it are set to off.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Reason I ask is because I was able to create the glitch with all IconOmatic options off, no Winterboard theme enabled, just IconOmatic enabled in itself - so IconOmatic isn't looking for a theme overlay. Unless it's always looking for a theme even with the toggles for it are set to off.
    Only Anthony (FreeApple) can answer that fully but I need to know more.. Can you take a screen shot and post here of your iconOmatic page - so I can see what's toggled and not when you say the 'glitch' happens even with iconOmatic installed and off?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Dizzy, I understood @TERM4's explanation the same way you have, but that theme-check might be a requirement of the tweak when it runs, whether or not an IconOmatic theme is ticked in WinterBoard, as for now the tweak doesn't 'recall' if a theme applies, and which.

I'm very happy of how this glitch is being handled.

And I'm very thankful for the tweak you've developed and shared, even more so with it being free !
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 03-21-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (03-21-2014), NewdestinyX (03-21-2014), pioneer88 (03-21-2014), tito12 (03-22-2014)

Destiny: Literally everything is off except the Enabled toggle, which is the only thing flipped on and I'm able to create the glitch.

Frog: That would make sense, if it's always looking for a theme to be applied even with no theme ticked - that makes sense as to why I'm able to get the glitch happening then.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

I only have one issue with the statement from Freeapple. That is related to the boot loop. Specifically how to get out of it. We had a couple of users that tried your exact suggestion, but it did not work. They got frustrated and went ahead and upgraded. Hard boot and volume up is fairly standard fare when dealing with these issue.

Thanks for all the info nonetheless.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-22-2014), NewdestinyX (03-21-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shawnarnold64's Avatar
    Thanks

I love this tweak.. But I'm still getting in safe mode.. But I'm not really intelligent when it's all said and done.. But when I delete iconomatic..no safe mode.. No other tweaks installed.. Except for winterboard and intelliscreen..

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Destiny: Literally everything is off except the Enabled toggle, which is the only thing flipped on and I'm able to create the glitch.

Frog: That would make sense, if it's always looking for a theme to be applied even with no theme ticked - that makes sense as to why I'm able to get the glitch happening then.
    Diz, below is the way icono is run by most daily.. If you want a shadow or overlay suppressed you use a no overlay or no shadow theme in Winterboard or as is the case w/e7 - it's all built into main theme.. This way - once you've set icono - you never go in there again.. I keep all other switches off in there..

Can you try your test with the switches looking like this and report back? Unless you've already tried this..

Diz, below is the way icono is run by most daily.. If you want a shadow or overlay suppressed you use a no overlay or no shadow theme in Winterboard or as is the case w/e7 - it's all built into main theme.. This way - once you've set icono - you never go in there again.. I keep all other switches off in there..

Can you try your test with the switches looking like this and report back? Unless you've already tried this..

Yes, this is the standard setup for any Winterboard IconOmatic theme - so yes this is how I've ran it when trying out an IconOmatic update until the glitch triggered then I went back to disabling everything. But for testings sake I toggled off everything but the "Enable" toggle to see if the glitch triggered without a Winterboard theme IconOmatic theme involved - for which it did trigger. I disabled everything in Winterboard and removed all tweaks but IconOmatic and still got the glitch to trigger while the Enabled toggle was on. Flip off the Enabled toggle and it never happens. Like I've been saying though I need IconOmatic installed for a proper opacity'd Classic Dock since Bars created his Classic Dock while running IconOmatic.

I have a problem with the overlay .. everytime I close an app I can clearly see how it disappears for about 0.5 sec & then just comes back. I didnīt read the whole thread, maybe someone had this problem already & you got a solution .. If so please tell me guys. First I thought just wait for new updates, but the problem is still there.
    No themes on winterboard selected.

- Andyukka

Quote Originally Posted by andyukka View Post
    I have a problem with the overlay ..
    No themes on winterboard selected.
    Hi Andyukka.
    How can you get an overlay without having an IconOmatic theme applied ?
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast