Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    4 folders - 15-16 apps in them combined.. I think it's safe to say a fix needs to be found for most people that use more folders than you and I do, Suby..
    I'm happy what you assume doesn't count.
    ?? No fix necessary then?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

?? No fix necessary then?
    1) It's not a memory leak issue.

2) Try and have more apps in folders, in order to test. You're a tester, aren't you ? You've been testing for Apple, etc.

does it create the no animation bug when folders are set up with more apps ?
    what makes you say it's safe to assume the fix has to be found for people with folders holding plenty of apps ?

Please think more than twice before posting, NewD. I know you've held to your new year resolution until mid-March, but it seems thinking twice isn't enough.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Krima (03-20-2014), pioneer88 (03-20-2014)

1) It's not a memory leak issue.

2) Try and have more apps in folders, in order to test. You're a tester, aren't you ? You've been testing for Apple, etc.

does it create the no animation bug when folders are set up with more apps ?
    what makes you say it's safe to assume the fix has to be found for people with folders holding plenty of apps ?

Please think more than twice before posting, NewD. I know you've held to your new year resolution until mid-March, but it seems thinking twice isn't enough.
    There is "now" no longer a ram leak. It was prior to 1.0. Very provable using the proper test paradigm.

I never speak before I think or test, Frog. You know that about me. And you know that I'm a professional with regard to those testing paradigms - the input I give here. Now the steps forward I may propose - some may disagree with - that's perfectly fine. But my conclusions are always sound and are always grounded in empirical data. It's certainly up to Suby and the rest of his team as to what to do to address the issue. Suby has now been able to "reproduce the bug". And even refers to it as a bug.

Many people have had a problem with this tweak with regard to its memory usage and effect on the rest of your phone since its inception. So I ask you again - is there no fix that should be pursued by Suby and the team? I ask again because you actually didn't answer my question, bro. ;-)

If a fix is to be done (I don't have the issue on my iAir anymore since I installed 1.2), it's certainly not just for people having more than a dozen applications in their folders. Cause that's not the cause.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

If a fix is to be done (I don't have the issue on my iAir anymore since I installed 1.2), it's certainly not just for people having more than a dozen applications in their folders. Cause that's not the cause.
    How have you concluded that? And also - no snarky-ness here.. honest question.. Have you tried the exact test Dizzy outlined?

Iconomatic is causing the animation bug. 100%

Quote Originally Posted by dejanco View Post
    Iconomatic is causing the animation bug. 100%
    Lol. Thanks

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-20-2014), meth357 (03-20-2014), pioneer88 (03-20-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,706 Times in 6,725 Posts

If I may,

I have concluded that I have no idea if there is in fact a bug or not and that this alleged bug may or may not be caused by the iconomatic tweak.

I hope that clears it up!
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-20-2014), blkcadi (03-20-2014), EricB78 (03-20-2014)

I did, Newdy.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-20-2014), pioneer88 (03-20-2014)

Personally, I don't really care about losing the animations. I'd much rather have IconOmatic without animations than have animations without iconomatic. Just my $0.02.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-20-2014), NewdestinyX (03-20-2014), pioneer88 (03-20-2014), TeddyDiesel (03-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,051 Times in 6,140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    If I may,

I have concluded that I have no idea if there is in fact a bug or not and that this alleged bug may or may not be caused by the iconomatic tweak.

I hope that clears it up!
    Yup, cleared it up for me.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-20-2014), King_O_Hill (03-20-2014), pioneer88 (03-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    Personally, I don't really care about losing the animations. I'd much rather have IconOmatic without animations than have animations without iconomatic. Just my $0.02.
    Best thing ever said in this thread lol

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (03-25-2014), pioneer88 (03-20-2014), s22lane (03-21-2014), Shawnarnold64 (03-21-2014)

Thanks

Eric is such a douche!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (03-25-2014), pioneer88 (03-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Eric is such a douche!
    Hey hey, you traitor. I'm suppose to be your douche, not Eric. Does that label mean nothing to u that u can just say it about anyone.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-20-2014), King_O_Hill (03-20-2014), pioneer88 (03-20-2014)

Thanks

I've said it enough that you are a douche. Everyone knows it by now. I just wanted to be sure that Eric was getting recognized for his douchery too.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (03-20-2014), pioneer88 (03-20-2014)

How's everyone runnin today?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-20-2014), pioneer88 (03-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    How's everyone runnin today?
    I'm doing great! Since the memory management changes were made in 1.0 (as mentioned in the Cydia change log) it's been going great for me. Been able to get back to within 50 megs of post reboot ram levels after killing everything in app switcher and no more animation speed up - which I only ever experienced a little bit of; never as much as Dizzy.

And I fully agree with Eric (regardless of his "douchery" ) that iOS 7 without iconOmatic would is really a bummer. That's why I've lived with every little frustration with it. Totally worth it! Very necessary tweak!

Thanks to your great team, Suby!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-20-2014 at 08:40 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (03-20-2014)

Installed disabled, just so that I have a full opacity'd dock *insert cheese face*.

I can't deal with the animation bug personally, so I'll cope without an enabled IconOmatic until/if there's ever a fix for it.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-20-2014), pioneer88 (03-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Installed disabled, just so that I have a full opacity'd dock *insert cheese face*.

I can't deal with the animation bug personally, so I'll cope without an enabled IconOmatic until/if there's ever a fix for it.
    Suggestion: Try Neurotech7 in the meantime? You don't need iconomatic for that theme and it's gorgeous.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to pioneer88 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-20-2014)

I'm doing great! Since the memory management changes were made in 1.0 (as mentioned in the Cydia change log) it's been going great for me. Been able to get back to within 50 megs of post reboot ram levels after killing everything in app switcher and no more animation speed up - which I only ever experienced a little bit of; never as much as Dizzy.

And I fully agree with Eric (regardless of his "douchery" ) that iOS 7 without iconOmatic would is really a bummer. That's why I've lived with every little frustration with it. Totally worth it! Very necessary tweak!

Thanks to your great team, Suby!

What if we put that line in as a placebo effect

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post

just so you know, iconomatic increases decreases the opacity (making it less transparent) Classic dock with out iconomatic installed is the way the designer made it. Most likely the dock you use was made on a phone that uses iconomatic there for it was designed with the opacity that gets applied when iconomatic is installed.
    Last edited by subywrex; 03-20-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast