+ Reply
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 45 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {Tweak} iconOmatic [beta]

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Update: Got the bug to trigger again with iconOmatic only, absolutely nothing in WB checked off but E7's iconOmatic theme... Could it be SameStatus? I can't imagine that doing anything
    Thanks

Update: Got the bug to trigger again with iconOmatic only, absolutely nothing in WB checked off but E7's iconOmatic theme...

Could it be SameStatus? I can't imagine that doing anything but could it be? Or maybe Suby can you check to see if E7's iconOmatic shadow theme is incoorporated properly and there's nothing funky in there that could possibly be causing a mishap in itself?

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    When it happens can you see what your available ram is?
    What can I use to check my RAM?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Update: Got the bug to trigger again with iconOmatic only, absolutely nothing in WB checked off but E7's iconOmatic theme...

Could it be SameStatus? I can't imagine that doing anything but could it be? Or maybe Suby can you check to see if E7's iconOmatic shadow theme is incoorporated properly and there's nothing funky in there that could possibly be causing a mishap in itself?

What can I use to check my RAM?
    Would need I have it sent to me.

Also to be clear my arguement is as you use your phone other tasks and system services will be using your ram. So the more you use it the more other items are using ram. So by clearing out apps you will not return back to the same ram as you did after a reboot. Because system apps are not the only thing using ram. That's all in saying

4. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Only 35mb of free RAM, and I'm on a 5S...

When I respring I only have 250mb's free, that doesn't seem normal does it?
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 03-19-2014 at 06:24 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Only 35mb of free RAM, and I'm on a 5S...

When I respring I only have 250mb's free, that doesn't seem normal does it?
    Not at all

8. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Rebooting gives me 390-400 free.

And just by opening Safari and posting that, then backing out if Safari it drops down to 300

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

What happens with out iconomatic installed do you arill have that low of ram after respring?

Rebooting gives me 390-400 free.

And just by opening Safari and posting that, then backing out if Safari it drops down to 300
    Lots of tabs open in safari is a memory eater from my experience

12. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

This is the only Safari tab that I have open. Let me run the memory down real quick, uninstall iconOmatic and see if a respring is still just leaving me that low.

Okay, odd, I got the bug to occur and still have 260mb's free...

This is with SameStatus, NoPageDots7, Zeppelin all uninstalled - so just iconOmatic and Winterboard installed.

With 260mb's free and the bug triggering then that's telling us that it's not a memory leak whatsoever that's causing the bug, correct?
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 03-19-2014 at 06:39 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-20-2014), pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

ImageUploadedByModMyi1395276252.641570.jpg
    Ever since I turned of shadow,it's been all good.i just don't have themed folders,my icons are themed tho

Update:
    it still happens guys,even when I only select overlay,its a bit annoying that the devs can't duplicate our issues becaus they're not seeing them but I'm still standing by this tweak,it's a great tweak!!
    Last edited by Jj2345; 03-19-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks

Another update lol: disabled the E7 iconOmatic theme in Winterboard and still got it to trigger with 200mb's free. What I'm doing is opening a few folders, going into safari and typing a few keys in this box, backing out of safari and then like double and triple clicking on the folders and that seems to trigger it on command. Some times happens quicker than other times but yeah that's how I seem to be able to get it happening almost on command.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is the only Safari tab that I have open. Let me run the memory down real quick, uninstall iconOmatic and see if a respring is still just leaving me that low.

Okay, odd, I got the bug to occur and still have 260mb's free...

This is with SameStatus, NoPageDots7, Zeppelin all uninstalled - so just iconOmatic and Winterboard installed.

With 260mb's free and the bug triggering then that's telling us that it's not a memory leak whatsoever that's causing the bug, correct?
    This is what I was trying to confirm. Cause I personally don't think it's a ram thing.

I never respring and never quit apps. So after a day or two I'm always running at around 40-80

If you feel like trouble shooting (and it's much appreciated) you can try deactivating all MS tweaks accept iconomatic. See if you get the bug. If you don't start turning on one by one and See if it starts happening when a certain tweak gets enabled

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,428 Times in 4,281 Posts

Dizzy the process you're going through to narrow down is great.. Keep it up.. Suby's very stubborn.. And with loads of experience with him over the years I've concluded that you can't always count on him to be giving accurate info. It frustrates me that he's more interested in defending the tweak than shooting straight with us. He says he can't reproduce the bug - but he's not even doing a proper test.. So I can't help when a developer doesn't even understand a proper test paradigm. I've stayed away from fighting for quite a lot of months now.. But this thread has been filled with defensiveness from him and it's poor customer support.. Yes - free tweak.. But still.. Nuff said...

What we can all agree on here is that there is some other irritant that in combination with iconOmatic creates Dizzy's situation.. and others. For several of us the leak left at 1.1.. So we need to find the combination tweak or system setting that's creating the issue..

Dizzy - do you keep Settings--> General --> Background App Refresh on?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Negative on Background App refresh. I had all tweaks uninstalled minus Winterboard and IconOmatic, no iconOmatic theme enabled in Winterboard either and was able to trigger the bug again.

So, I uninstalled iconOmatic and have been going HAM on this phone and haven't been able to trigger the bug. I've triggered it within a minute on each other trial and error method of processes, but have been going 15 minutes on this thing straight trying to get it to trigger without iconOmatic installed and it's just not happening - I even have my RAM down to 10mb's LOL! Won't happen.

It's not a RAM issue, I think I've pretty much got that confirmed for certain - because it's happening with 250-300mb's of free RAM, so certainly it's not a memory leaked RAM issue. It's just something within the tweaks coding itself that has to be doing it.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-20-2014), Jj2345 (03-19-2014), meth357 (03-19-2014), pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Dizzy the process you're going through to narrow down is great.. Keep it up.. Suby's very stubborn.. And with loads of experience with him over the years I've concluded that you can't always count on him to be giving accurate info. It frustrates me that he's more interested in defending the tweak than shooting straight with us. He says he can't reproduce the bug - but he's not even doing a proper test.. So I can't help when a developer doesn't even understand a proper test paradigm. I've stayed away from fighting for quite a lot of months now.. But this thread has been filled with defensiveness from him and it's poor customer support.. Yes - free tweak.. But still.. Nuff said...

What we can all agree on here is that there is some other irritant that in combination with iconOmatic creates Dizzy's situation.. and others. For several of us the leak left at 1.1.. So we need to find the combination tweak or system setting that's creating the issue..

Dizzy - do you keep Settings--> General --> Background App Refresh on?
    You know what man. Then just leave. I am now stating for the I don't know how many times that I know there is a problem.

You don't know every god damn thing. I was being nice but the constant digs at me is what is now pissing me off. How in the hell do you know what I have tried or not tried. You keep saying 1.2 fixed it when others still have the issue. So who is giving false information. You always like to take it to a personal level. You argued with me about countless things and always say you have facts but never give facts. You give your opinion.

I never said it was a memory thing. Because I never thought it was. And clearly it's not by him having the issue with 200 free MB of ram. I have told Anthony about the issue and he has worked on it sense the first time it was found well before it was a public release. Ans from day one we could never pin down what is happening

How many times do I have to say I was arguing with you about how ram works rather than if there was an issue. If I didn't think there was an issue then wjh am I in here asking questions and trying to duplicate.

It's damn fristrating when you say crap like "the developers do not acknowledge there is an issue" when that is clearly never true. And no where will you find us saying that we don't acknowledge the issue. We have only said we can't duplicate the issue.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-20-2014), Krima (03-19-2014), meth357 (03-19-2014), pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

How many times do I have to say I was arguing with you about how ram works
    Which you still misunderstand. But I can't make you understand if you don't even acknowldge how a proper RAM leak test is done. My iPhone after hours and even days of usage never gets down as low in RAm as you report your does. Clearly iconOmatic (or something else) is causing a leak on your phone too if you ever see 50MB after hours even with an AppSwitcher clear. I never see that except when iconoMatic 0.1 to 0.9 were installed.. The leak is 'reasonably' solved for me after 1.1. Tiny..
    rather than if there was an issue. If I didn't think there was an issue then wjh am I in here asking questions and trying to duplicate. It's damn fristrating when you say crap like "the developers do not acknowledge there is an issue" when that is clearly never true.
    I was referring to other issues early in the thread where you stayed defensive with Blue through a lot of early reports. Eventually those issues were solved.. so I will retract the overarching statement: 'never acknowledge'. That was overstated. My apologies, Suby.

And no where will you find us saying that we don't acknowledge the issue. We have only said we can't duplicate the issue.
    The issue was a very repeatable bug up to 0.9 with just WB and iconOmatic installed. The Ram leak was reproducible and detectable. You said you never had it. That can only mean one of two things: 1) you didn't do a proper test - or, and this one is more compelling and harder to lock down: 2) we have multiple tweaks and/or system settings that are involved with this issue.

I'm appreciative that you're adopting a posture to get to the bottom of it. But you disappeared for close to a month while people have been plagued with this. That can be damned frustrating too. This tweak is SO deeply integral to iOS7 having a 'nicer look' to it with themeing.. I guess I've just been disappointed (not just me) in the lack of support with such a huge problem. Your tone with us has been 'since we can't reproduce it' is must not our tweak's fault. That's what's frustrated several the most.

So - let's try and turn an corner. I don't want to fight - I left that months ago.. you seem to be willing to get to the bottom of it. Let's just put our heads together.. and help Dizzy and others get their phones rid of the animation speed up - which I no longer experience.

Thanks

Suby

Try doing what I was doing, with iconOmatic installed and with a Winterboard shadow/overlay enabled in Winterboard. Open a few apps and back right out of them, open and close a few folders, then go into Safari and begin typing in this box, back out of Safari and begin double/triple clicking folders and hitting the home button to back out of them vigorously and quickly, pop back open Safari and open a new tab maybe, back out of Safari and begin doing the double/triple clicking into folders over and over again and eventually it should happen and you'll have plenty of RAM free too.

But here's another issue I'm having as well, which makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever. And it's regarding why I need IconOmatic installed with ClassicDock for ClassicDock to work properly. Earlier I brought up the issue about my ClassicDock being more transparent without IconOmatic installed, initially I thought it was just an E7 problem (because of the E7 stock dock problem with no ClassicDock and no IconOmatic installed [which I found the source of that problem within some E7 base theme files which I cleared out and all was fine]), but noticed it's relevant without any themes enabled and it does it straight to the stock ClassicDock dock. I'll show you some screen shots.

This is without IconOmatic installed, just ClassicDock's stock dock that's automatically put on your phone when you installed ClassicDock.

And here's the dock directly after installing IconOmatic while IconOmatic is DISABLED in Settings. DISABLED but installed.

See how much more solid the dock is in the 2nd screenshot? No idea why this is but it's causing me to rely on an IconOmatic installation just for ClassicDock to work properly. I have IconOmatic disabled obviously because of the issues I'm having with the animation bug, but nevertheless, I need it installed to get a non-transparent ClassicDock.

EDIT: Don't you dare judge my Cheats With Friends, lmao.
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 03-19-2014 at 08:02 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (03-19-2014), pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Which you still misunderstand. But I can't make you understand if you don't even acknowldge how a proper RAM leak test is done. My iPhone after hours and even days of usage never gets down as low in RAm as you report your does. Clearly iconOmatic (or something else) is causing a leak on your phone too if you ever see 50MB after hours even with an AppSwitcher clear. I never see that except when iconoMatic 0.1 to 0.9 were installed.. The leak is 'reasonably' solved for me after 1.1. Tiny.. I was referring to other issues early in the thread where you stayed defensive with Blue through a lot of early reports. Eventually those issues were solved.. so I will retract the overarching statement: 'never acknowledge'. That was overstated. My apologies, Suby.

The issue was a very repeatable bug up to 0.9 with just WB and iconOmatic installed. The Ram leak was reproducible and detectable. You said you never had it. That can only mean one of two things: 1) you didn't do a proper test - or, and this one is more compelling and harder to lock down: 2) we have multiple tweaks and/or system settings that are involved with this issue.

I'm appreciative that you're adopting a posture to get to the bottom of it. But you disappeared for close to a month while people have been plagued with this. That can be damned frustrating too. This tweak is SO deeply integral to iOS7 having a 'nicer look' to it with themeing.. I guess I've just been disappointed (not just me) in the lack of support with such a huge problem. Your tone with us has been 'since we can't reproduce it' is must not our tweak's fault. That's what's frustrated several the most.

So - let's try and turn an corner. I don't want to fight - I left that months ago.. you seem to be willing to get to the bottom of it. Let's just put our heads together.. and help Dizzy and others get their phones rid of the animation speed up - which I no longer experience.
    You don't even understand the issue. Again you don't know what I have or have not tried. Getting down to low ram happens on STOCK phones. It's how ram works.

Your test you described is not a proper ram test. It's what you have determined is a proper ram test. A proper ram test is done programmatically which we do.

Which is why I have said I don't believe it's a ram leak. And as stated prior. I have tried many troubleshooting things all the way back to alpha stage with no consistent results. And from the results recently posted and it happening with 200mb available it would appear ram isn't the issue

Blue was pissed that we changed file names on a beta because he pre maturely released a theme for it.

When you use your phone and done clear apps out of switcher your ram will just keep getting used and will get down low. But low ram isn't a bad thing. iOS knows when to recycle

Suby

Try doing what I was doing, with iconOmatic installed and with a Winterboard shadow/overlay enabled in Winterboard. Open a few apps and back right out of them, open and close a few folders, then go into Safari and begin typing in this box, back out of Safari and begin double/triple clicking folders and hitting the home button to back out of them vigorously and quickly, pop back open Safari and open a new tab maybe, back out of Safari and begin doing the double/triple clicking into folders over and over again and eventually it should happen and you'll have plenty of RAM free too.

But here's another issue I'm having as well, which makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever. And it's regarding why I need IconOmatic installed with ClassicDock for ClassicDock to work properly. Earlier I brought up the issue about my ClassicDock being more transparent without IconOmatic installed, initially I thought it was just an E7 problem (because of the E7 stock dock problem with no ClassicDock and no IconOmatic installed [which I found the source of that problem within some E7 base theme files which I cleared out and all was fine]), but noticed it's relevant without any themes enabled and it does it straight to the stock ClassicDock dock. I'll show you some screen shots.

This is without IconOmatic installed, just ClassicDock's stock dock that's automatically put on your phone when you installed ClassicDock.

And here's the dock directly after installing IconOmatic while IconOmatic is DISABLED in Settings. DISABLED but installed.

See how much more solid the dock is in the 2nd screenshot? No idea why this is but it's causing me to rely on an IconOmatic installation just for ClassicDock to work properly. I have IconOmatic disabled obviously because of the issues I'm having with the animation bug, but nevertheless, I need it installed to get a non-transparent ClassicDock.

EDIT: Don't you dare judge my Cheats With Friends, lmao.
    We have tried to work with the developer on this. All he did was talk crap about our tweak and not try and work together. I am no sure why iconomatic causes the opacity to change when installed. But we are looking into it and have been.

Frankly iconomatic pro will just include classic dock feature lol
    Last edited by subywrex; 03-19-2014 at 08:07 PM.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We have tried to work with the developer on this. All he did was talk crap about our tweak and not try and work together. I am no sure why iconomatic causes the opacity to change when installed. But we are looking into it and have been.

Frankly iconomatic pro will just include classic dock feature lol
    Well that guy sounds like an *insert word that would get censored here*, ha. Ah well, bummer that he wouldn't work with you guys to get that situated. Makes it a must to have both installed! But if you guys are working on something under your sleeves that include the same feature, that'll be slick - one less tweak I'll have to have installed. You guys are turning this into another form of Springtomize almost, lol. Add a No Page Dots feature in there to compliment the No Labels! It just makes sense to do!

Crossing my fingers the source of the bug eventually gets pin pointed and I'll be able to enable and use what IconOmatic was originally intended to be used for, the icons and shadows!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You don't even understand the issue. Again you don't know what I have or have not tried. Getting down to low ram happens on STOCK phones. It's how ram works.
    Who has said otherwise? Not me. You don't understand the difference between the two issues of:
    1)How Ram is allocated in iOS - WHICH WE BOTH AGREE ON!!!
    2)How to detect a RAM leak and how to test for it. (which is an entirely different matter and testing procedure from the user's end - developer do their ram testing in 'isolation' apart from interaction with the rest of iOS and other tweaks loaded)

Your test you described is not a proper ram test.
    My test isn't a RAM function or allocation test - at all.. It's a RAM leak detection test. Works pretty much every time to determine which tweak has a leak. Not my opinion. Ask any Apple engineer and they'll tell you it can be detected as well. That's where "I" learned it.

It's what you have determined is a proper ram test. A proper ram test is done programmatically which we do.
    I'm doing RAM tests. I'm testing for a RAM leakage "source" in the normal operation of iOS.

Which is why I have said I don't believe it's a ram leak. And as stated prior. I have tried many troubleshooting things all the way back to alpha stage with no consistent results. And from the results recently posted and it happening with 200mb available it would appear ram isn't the issue
    Animations speeding up can happen even when there's 200MB of RAM left.. It doesn't have to be near empty. BUT -- I will acknowledge that there are other factors looking like that are at hand NOW that memory management upgrades have happened post 1.0 as listed in your recent changes in Cydia. So we have to define our terms. 1.2 is different than 0.9. Most of push back to you has been about PRIOR to 1.0. Things seem like they're NOT ram leak related - NOW... post 1.1. The RAM leak prior to 1.0 was verifiable and reproducible on 4 different phones I've tested and feedback from many other users. I always do my homework, Suby.. But this is sounding frightfully like the Old Grant now.. You haven't been around much to interact with the Grant post December of '13.. So from your perspective - I'm sure this just seems like 'same ole Grant'. LOL!! .. So I'll back down now..

From my perspective the main problem (RAM leak) was solved post 1.0 on all my phones.. Whatever 'your guy' did with 'memory management in 1.1 - fixed it here. Dizzy and few others seem to have a different issue now..
    For what it's worth I NEVER had the depth of the issue Dizzy has.. and have told him about it in several threads..
    When you use your phone and done clear apps out of switcher your ram will just keep getting used and will get down low.
    This statement is just as false now as when you said it two pages ago. Repeating it doesn't make it more right, Suby. So the folks watching will just need to choose whose word to take for it. Us arguing in circles won't change anything.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-19-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks

Who has said otherwise? Not me. You don't understand the difference between the two issues of:
    1)How Ram is allocated in iOS - WHICH WE BOTH AGREE ON!!!
    2)How to detect a RAM leak and how to test for it. (which is an entirely different matter and testing procedure from the user's end - developer do their ram testing in 'isolation' apart from interaction with the rest of iOS and other tweaks loaded)

My test isn't a RAM test - at all.. It's a RAM leak detection test. Works every time to determine which tweak has a leak. Not my opinion. Ask any Apple engineer and they'll tell you it works. That's where "I" learned it.

I'm doing RAM tests. I'm testing for a RAM leakage "source" in the normal operation of iOS.

Animations speeding up can happen even when there's 200MB of RAM left.. It doesn't have to be near empty. BUT -- I will acknowledge that there are other factors looking like that are at hand NOW that memory management upgrades have happened post 1.0 as listed in your recent changes in Cydia. So we have to define our terms. 1.2 is different than 0.9. Most of push back to you has been about PRIOR to 1.0. Things seem like they're NOT ram leak related - NOW... post 1.1. The RAM leak prior to 1.0 was verifiable and reproducible on 4 different phones I've tested and feedback from many other users. I always do my homework, Suby.. But this is sounding frightfully like the Old Grant now.. You haven't been around much to interact with the Grant post December of '13.. So from your perspective - I'm sure this just seems like 'same ole Grant'. LOL!! .. So I'll back down now..

From my perspective the main problem (RAM leak) was solved post 1.0 on all my phones.. Whatever 'your guy' did with 'memory management in 1.1 - fixed it here. Dizzy and few others seem to have a different issue now..
    For what it's worth I NEVER had the depth of the issue Dizzy has.. and have told him about it in several threads..
    This statement is just as false now as when you said it two pages ago. Repeating it doesn't make it more right, Suby. So the folks watching will just need to choose whose word to take for it. Us arguing in circles won't change anything.
    Because it's true. You open an app and close it freezes to your ram. Open another and it does the same thing. This cycle will keep on going until your phone needs ram. At this point it will drop your oldest frozen apps in order to free up that ram space. And yes this will happen all the way down sub 100mb level. It's how iOS multi tasking works. And there is clear documentation on that.

Well that guy sounds like an *insert word that would get censored here*, ha. Ah well, bummer that he wouldn't work with you guys to get that situated. Makes it a must to have both installed! But if you guys are working on something under your sleeves that include the same feature, that'll be slick - one less tweak I'll have to have installed. You guys are turning this into another form of Springtomize almost, lol. Add a No Page Dots feature in there to compliment the No Labels! It just makes sense to do!

Crossing my fingers the source of the bug eventually gets pin pointed and I'll be able to enable and use what IconOmatic was originally intended to be used for, the icons and shadows!
    I've tried your suggestion and still can't get it to budge lol this stupid issue is annoying
    Last edited by subywrex; 03-19-2014 at 08:32 PM.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Because it's true. You open an app and close it freezes to your ram. Open another and it does the same thing. This cycle will keep on going until your phone needs ram. At this point it will drop your oldest frozen apps in order to free up that ram space. And yes this will happen all the way down sub 100mb level. It's how iOS multi tasking works. And there is clear documentation on that.
    Again.. Who has said otherwise. You keep coming back with statements not even remotely related to what I'm talking about. So we'll end it here. I know how Dynamic RAM allocation is implemented in iOS. That's entirely BESIDE the point.

Thanks for helping find Dizzy's problem. And for bettering memory management by 1.1.. My problems are solved.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-17-2014, 01:29 AM