+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mewseek crashing on startup

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Well Mewseek on my iphone 5 started crashing after I was browsing music the other day at work. Judging by the crash report the culprit may be a kernel protection
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Mewseek crashing on startup
    Well Mewseek on my iphone 5 started crashing after I was browsing music the other day at work. Judging by the crash report the culprit may be a kernel protection error? I've tried reinstalling and deleting conflicting applications. Rebooting reinstalling and so forth with no luck. Thanks for the help guys.EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00202000Crashed

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, I have had similar issue on a few Apps/tweaks when a download fails. It is worth checking the download folder permissions.
    /var/mobile/Media/Downloads
    Owner and Group both are mobile
    User is Read, Write, Execute
    Both Group and World are Read, Execute

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Dave thanks for the response. I went ahead and looked at the permissions for var/mobile/media/downloads and everything is the same permissions as you posted. Any other permissions folder I can check?

Holy crap. Dave I was looking in the download folder and I do remember I was downloading a mp3 when the download got interrupted and started crashing after that. Deleted the partially downloaded mp3 and now the app launches no problem. Thank You for pointing me in the right direction!!
    Last edited by Atomtech; 05-13-2013 at 02:34 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That's good to know, I have had similar issues when Safari Download Manager fails. Also if you are ever clearing out your Downloads folder and you come across a file called
    downloads.28.sqlitedb
    Don't delete it or you will have to re-install Safari Download Manager to get it to work again.