+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Animated Weather problem

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hello. I was using this widget with Perpage HTML+ and it was working great. Just to try it out, i installed Weathericon 6 and when the device restarted the HTC
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default HTC Animated Weather problem
    Hello. I was using this widget with Perpage HTML+ and it was working great.
    Just to try it out, i installed Weathericon 6 and when the device restarted the HTC widget was gone.

I tried uninstalling weathericon, Perpage, uninstalling the widget and nothing happened.

I managed to get the widget to show using Perpagehtml (free), because using Perpagehtml+, the widget doesn't even install on the page I want it to.

I have Mylocation app working.

The thing is that the only thing showing is the clock, no animation, no weather, and there is a white line on all borders.

As you can see in the images, the widget loads fine from iFile, loading the html, but it doesn't load on the home page or in any page for that matter.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!
    Willy.

HTC Animated Weather problem-photo-1-.pngHTC Animated Weather problem-photo.png

Green Apple
    Thanks

I downloaded an animated HTC weather theme, but it loads in the lockscreen. I renamed the html file to widget and deleted the .theme in the folder, then I placed it the perpagehtml directory.

I can load the widget, but I can't get the backgrounds, as you can see in the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC Animated Weather problem-htc.png  
    Last edited by willynanita; 04-02-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Another option I have is:

Is there a way to move the htc theme from the lockscreen to the first home page?

This thing is driving me crazy. I don't want to re-jailbreak and I don't know if loading from a previous working back up in itunes will make any difference.

Can someone please help me?

Willy.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Someone?, please...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will forget about HTC.

I deleted the moon and sun animation, that didn't look good without the clock, and added an iwidget with a flip clock.

Thanks everybody!

HTC Animated Weather problem-photo2.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default same problem
    i am facing exactly the same issue you here and i have done the same thing you did and its still not working

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muath View Post
    i am facing exactly the same issue you here and i have done the same thing you did and its still not working
    The latest HTC Animated version (1.3) fixed my problem. The widget is loading fine now with Perpage. I am back with my first home page set up using this widget.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have two widgets on different pages. Its driving me crazy. I've uninstalled it and then re-installed it and it keeps going on the same two pages. i only want it on one. How do i remove it from one page?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by GrandeInAVentiCup

Hi everyone, I found this on the forums after looking everywhere for the answer. This is for the HTC weather animated 1.1 by davidrom6. Dont forget to disable forecast in the configureme before respring.

Try the following steps to get the widget back working, showing today's weather and 1 day forecast:

1. Go to /var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/HTCAniPPH/Widget.html

2. Find this line:
    obj.Day2 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[2].getAttribute("day");

3. Put /* at the start of the line so it looks like this:
    /*obj.Day2 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[2].getAttribute("day");

4. Find this line:
    obj.Day4Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[4].getAttribute("code");

5. Put */ at the end of the line so it looks like this:
    obj.Day4Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[4].getAttribute("code");*/

6. Find this line:
    document.getElementById("Day2").innerHTML=Forecast DayNames(obj.Day2);

7. Put /* at the start of the line so it looks like this:
    /*document.getElementById("Day2").innerHTML=Forecas t DayNames(obj.Day2);

8. Find this line:
    document.getElementById("Day4HiLo").innerHTML=obj. Day4Hi+ " / <font color=#a8a8a8>"+obj.Day4Lo+ "</font>";

9. Put */ at the end of the line so it looks like this:
    document.getElementById("Day4HiLo").innerHTML=obj. Day4Hi+ " / <font color=#a8a8a8>"+obj.Day4Lo+ "</font>";*/

10. Save the file and Respring.

Ps..not my work i just found it on another forum while trying to fix my issue
    Last edited by redsymphony; 05-26-2013 at 06:30 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redsymphony For This Useful Post:

Muath (05-28-2013), RobbyJ (06-04-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi there, just to let anyone know also using the HTC animated lockscreen too that this code edit works

Again because of how Yahoo does its forecast we now can only get the todays and tomorrows weather

Many thanks for this..

I've included a html for the lockscreen for anyone not so technically minded - Just extract and replace original Lockbackground.html file for the fix and should work after a respring..

The file is located at /var/stash/themes/htc animated lockbackground.theme/lockbackground.html
    ** after the stash folder the theme folder may have a random digits after it but just use iexplorer or any other iphone file explorer to find your way to the file and replace it (if not editing the code manually)**

What would be excellent if someone could do the mylocation + GPS fix with the lockscreen htc weather (the same as the perpage) so it shows the current location and updates on its own rather than set a default location..

LockBackground.zip
    Last edited by jls1700; 05-28-2013 at 04:24 AM. Reason: More information

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jls1700 For This Useful Post:

Muath (05-28-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that worked perfectly for me.one day forecast is better than nothing.
    thank you

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,061 Times in 6,234 Posts

Why don't you guys go to the HTC widget thread? It has all this info and more!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heatherr302 View Post
    I have two widgets on different pages. Its driving me crazy. I've uninstalled it and then re-installed it and it keeps going on the same two pages. i only want it on one. How do i remove it from one page?
    If you haven't solved your problem, it's really very simple. Go to PerPage and select NONE and the page you want to remove the widget from. Re-spring and it will be gone. I had the same problem and this solved it.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Your HTC link returns an Amazon page????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redsymphony View Post
    Originally Posted by GrandeInAVentiCup

Hi everyone, I found this on the forums after looking everywhere for the answer. This is for the HTC weather animated 1.1 by davidrom6. Dont forget to disable forecast in the configureme before respring.

Try the following steps to get the widget back working, showing today's weather and 1 day forecast:

1. Go to /var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/HTCAniPPH/Widget.html

2. Find this line:
    obj.Day2 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[2].getAttribute("day");

3. Put /* at the start of the line so it looks like this:
    /*obj.Day2 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[2].getAttribute("day");

4. Find this line:
    obj.Day4Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[4].getAttribute("code");

5. Put */ at the end of the line so it looks like this:
    obj.Day4Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast ")[4].getAttribute("code");*/

6. Find this line:
    document.getElementById("Day2").innerHTML=Forecast DayNames(obj.Day2);

7. Put /* at the start of the line so it looks like this:
    /*document.getElementById("Day2").innerHTML=Forecas t DayNames(obj.Day2);

8. Find this line:
    document.getElementById("Day4HiLo").innerHTML=obj. Day4Hi+ " / <font color=#a8a8a8>"+obj.Day4Lo+ "</font>";

9. Put */ at the end of the line so it looks like this:
    document.getElementById("Day4HiLo").innerHTML=obj. Day4Hi+ " / <font color=#a8a8a8>"+obj.Day4Lo+ "</font>";*/

10. Save the file and Respring.

Ps..not my work i just found it on another forum while trying to fix my issue
    Thanks for posting this I kind of miss the week forecast but two days are better than none I suppose. Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Search for HTC Widget returns 20 pages of threads. A link would be appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtibedo View Post
    Search for HTC Widget returns 20 pages of threads. A link would be appreciated.
    HTC Animated Wigdet For PerPageHTML

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As of this am it's back to not polling for the updated weather. It was working great but its back to only updating when I respring.

Is HTC AnniPPH-GPS Cal... for PerPage working for anyone anymore?

I noticed that Yahoo Weather for iPhone is having problems as well.