+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Extended Preferences Hack v0.4.9: iPhone Firmware 2.0 Ready

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Does this work on 2.1?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does this work on 2.1?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No. Many things are different with 2.1.

I really missed the screen dim capability of Extended Preferences, so using the same idea I found a way to make it work ... it's not perfect, but works well enough.

The caveats? You must set 'Auto-Lock' before changing 'Screen dims after ...'. Also I can't get Auto-Lock==NEVER to work with Screen dim (it always locks ) Soooo..... I created an Auto-Lock value of 1440 Minutes (1 days) as a work-around --- and this works well enough for my purpose

Yea, I'm crazy ... and not a pro-iPhone developer, or anything close. But this old-time C/Unix/Fortran programmer got tired of waiting for someone else to do it .... so decided to give it a go. It's not perfect, but works. (I would be VERY happy if somebody got on board and make this work perfect )

The only file changed: General.plist located in /private/var/stash/Applications/Preferences.app - (aka /Applications/Preferences.app). Just replace the existing file with this one and reboot (not re-spring).

NOTE: Don't forget to save a backup of your original (I like to just add (.orig) before copying the new one. Check permissions after the copy. Should match the rest of the files (664) owner root. Works on 1st gen iPhone 8G, 2.1FW.

Good luck. Don't forget to make backups, and have ssh enabled at boot-up .... just in case

Note2: Yea I know screen dim is an option with other (full-featured phone mods -- like Winterboard)

Mes
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mes; 09-29-2008 at 08:06 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Shinner23 (09-30-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    No. Many things are different with 2.1.

I really missed the screen dim capability of Extended Preferences, so using the same idea I found a way to make it work ... it's not perfect, but works well enough.

The caveats? You must set 'Auto-Lock' before changing 'Screen dims after ...'. Also I can't get Auto-Lock==NEVER to work with Screen dim (it always locks ) Soooo..... I created an Auto-Lock value of 1440 Minutes (1 days) as a work-around --- and this works well enough for my purpose

Yea, I'm crazy ... and not a pro-iPhone developer, or anything close. But this old-time C/Unix/Fortran programmer got tired of waiting for someone else to do it .... so decided to give it a go. It's not perfect, but works. (I would be VERY happy if somebody got on board and make this work perfect )

The only file changed: General.plist located in /private/var/stash/Applications/Preferences.app - (aka /Applications/Preferences.app). Just replace the existing file with this one and reboot (not re-spring).

NOTE: Don't forget to save a backup of your original (I like to just add (.orig) before copying the new one. Check permissions after the copy. Should match the rest of the files (664) owner root. Works on 1st gen iPhone 8G, 2.1FW.

Good luck. Don't forget to make backups, and have ssh enabled at boot-up .... just in case

Note2: Yea I know screen dim is an option with other (full-featured phone mods -- like Winterboard)

Mes
    Is this just to make the wallpaper dim or the whole screen dim?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The whole screen dims after the chosen time-out.

For me, I rarely lock my screen. That being said, why keep it bright and draining the battery?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nicely done, this is great!

Now-to figure out how badly it drains the battery, w/screen dimmed.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123