+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sara 0.2 the best alternate to Siri for all iDevice

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Sara 0.2 – the best alternate to Siri for all iDevice After 1 month implement & finishing, with helps from iDevice users around the world, Vietnamese developer has released Sara
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sara 0.2 the best alternate to Siri for all iDevice
    Sara 0.2 – the best alternate to Siri for all iDevice
    After 1 month implement & finishing, with helps from iDevice users around the world, Vietnamese developer has released Sara – the open virtual assistant like Siri, with many advanced features Siri doesn’t have

Sara works perfectly with ANY iDevice (even iPhone original, iPhone 3G to iPhone 4, iPad 2), can help user to do many thing: call, message, local business, .. or chat with user. Special, many features can work without Internet connection

- Find local business & direction (everywhere, not only US and Canada)
    - Search for song from
    - Call, message
    - View the movie schedule from nearest cinema
    - Read newspaper (via RSS)
    - Check mail
    - Remote control PC
    - Search videos from youtube, search google, wikipedia
    - Toggle on/off system functional (wifi, bluetooth, 3G, ..)
    - Translate, support > 37 languages
    - Read barcode, qr code then find price, local business sell this

- OCR feature (Image to text), you can use Sara instead of scanner
    - Social network support, user can take a photo then send to their facebook, twitter
    - Search product price, local business
    - Open apps

- Weather
    - Answer any questions, you will be surprise with Sara’s knowlede: Ask for Barrack Obama years old, Distance from Earth to Moon !,…

Sara has “open” brain, it means, every people can train her, teach her new knowledge. Also, Sara has built-in plugin system, so anyuser can write plugin for Sara within 30 mins (for peole doesn’t know about programming !).

Sara is upgrading to version 0.3, with Widget system, Special day, .. and becoming the “real” assistant for everypeople

User can download & install for free at : Sara - Index page or SARA Best Free Alternate to Siri | Facebook

Reference links
    - Sara - View topic - HISTORY
    - Nobita a.k.a Sara, Good alternative to Siri Released | PakSpace Telecom and IT Blog
    - [NOVEDADES] Sara, una alternativa en desarrollo a SIRI - ClubiFone.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sara 0.2  the best alternate to Siri for all iDevice-1328174529.jpg   Sara 0.2  the best alternate to Siri for all iDevice-1328174568.jpg  
    Last edited by Nobita.ZZZ; 02-08-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

As awsome as this is, I cannot help but wonder about security and privacy?! An app like Sara has control over almost every bit of your iPhone. It can access your sms's, contacts, phone, mail, photo's, etc. How is this all handled? Where is the server that is handling the requests? How long is all the indexed data stored?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, Sara doesnt upload your personal data, all commands related to your data is processed at your iphone, not at server

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nobita.ZZZ View Post
    No, Sara doesnt upload your personal data, all commands related to your data is processed at your iphone, not at server
    Thank you for your answer!
    I just told myself never to jailbreak my iDevices again. Now how can I resist Sara! *sigh* Woman

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chaosz911 For This Useful Post:

itsTrentB (02-12-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaosz911 View Post
    Thank you for your answer!
    I just told myself never to jailbreak my iDevices again. Now how can I resist Sara! *sigh* Woman
    ha ha,let's enjoy ! I release updates regularly, so keep following facebook or Sara - Index page to get updates !

Thanks

Buggy- not really working well yet. Dev seems to need money based on his posted requests for help keeping the server going. I found language issues while using English. And it couldn't open WiFi when I asked it to. So I uninstalled it. Nice try, though.
    Senior

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Buggy- not really working well yet. Dev seems to need money based on his posted requests for help keeping the server going. I found language issues while using English. And it couldn't open WiFi when I asked it to. So I uninstalled it. Nice try, though.
    yeah, im working on this. dont worry because next ver will be release soon with a ton features

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nobita.ZZZ For This Useful Post:

itsTrentB (02-12-2012), mike1965 (02-13-2012)

Thanks

Thanks for your hard work- I'll keep my eye out for updates.
    Senior

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by chaosz911 View Post
    As awsome as this is, I cannot help but wonder about security and privacy?! An app like Sara has control over almost every bit of your iPhone. It can access your sms's, contacts, phone, mail, photo's, etc. How is this all handled? Where is the server that is handling the requests? How long is all the indexed data stored?
    Did u try till now???

This app is for jail breaked users

How to try it on non jail breaked iPhone ???
    Last edited by Uditmo2006; 02-11-2012 at 10:55 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Kudos to Nobita for this implementation, but much more info is needed to inspire confidence in users.

For example, if much of the processing is done on the idevices, what exactly is done on the device and what isn't? And how exactly does it work? Also, if much of the processing is done locally, how does this affect response times compared to Siri and taking into account the differing CPU's of the various idevices, it must run very differently on the devices, no?

Like I said, much more of a breakdown is required to inspire confidence. The screenshots and description sounds good, I just need more in order to want to contribute towards the developers time & costs and to support this seemingly great multiple platform idevice alternative to Siri & Spire.

Either way, keep up the good work Nobita....there will be many older idevices users and new that will be interested in your port/version of a digital assistant if proved to be legitimate and trustworthy.😉
    Last edited by iMack007; 02-12-2012 at 08:45 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will a manual be available? I'm afraid I am not so good on commands on mi iPad

Don

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do I change the location for the weather in Sara?

Don

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok I took the plunge and tried Sara on my ip4 & an ip3. It yielded mixed results. Better response times on the newer ip4 but surprisingly also better voice recognition (understood exactly what I said - by showing me what I said) than Siri (Spire)! Having said that, it was temperamental and spotty at best & whilst Sara seems capable of several things tgat Siri doesn't do (play music, playlist + top music + play by song name nobita will search song from internet & play)
    ), it was unreliable most of the time and wasnt even capable of telling me the time, as it claims that Nabito, the developer, is still teaching it how to tell the time! That's a big Fail in my books.

I ended up uninstalling it (both Spire, the Siri port and Sara can reside simultaneously on the same device).

Also Sara doesn't seem able to handle voice dictation within all txt/email based apps, whilst this is Siri's strong point. I can dictate to Siri with punctuation and get near perfect results most of the time.

However as aforementioned, Sara's voice recognition seems considerably better than Siri even though Sara doesn't understand the speech as well (therefore unable to translate my commands or questions into meaningful answers or responses.

To answer Phillips9's questions, yes there is a manual for Sara in PDF format, but I can't remember where it is.

To change the Location for weather, I believe you simply tap on the spanner icon on the Sara main app page and there you should see an input box for Location.

As I tried to say, Sara is very basic and needs a lot of work, it's almost pre-beta in many areas, but it certainly a good start and the only 'free' alternative to Siri that actually works on all idevices, albeit spotty in delivery.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iMack007 For This Useful Post:

Phillips9 (02-14-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sara command recognitions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobita.ZZZ View Post
    yeah, im working on this. dont worry because next ver will be release soon with a ton features

Can Sara open iPhone 4 "Visual Voicemail" with a specific command ?

I can't seem to figure how to accomplish this, I've tried entering the voicemail number and then asking Sara to call voicemail, but it doesn't open the visual voicemail, instead it opens the keypad voicemail, any ideas?

Thanks, I'm certainly enjoying its limited abilities.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys
    I know I'm really stupid
    I open sara and press options then press off show tools
    N after that I cannot use the keyboard in Sara (for typing commands)
    Do nobita.zzz or anyone can help me on that ? (Showing back the keyboard)
    Also, (just curiosity) how to write a plugin for Sara but I no nothing about programming
    Thanks a lot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, to get the keyboard to show once in the Sara app just double tap the mic.

Thanks

Hi guys can I get Sara to call/text more contacts other than the mom, dad etc, that's in options?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If anyone can help? I changed the language in sara settings now it doesn't work. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. All I get is the back ground gray screen when I open the app. It had been working fine for weeks. Ipone 4, 5.0.1, 04.10.01

If anyone can help? I changed the language in Sara settings now it doesn't work. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. All I get is the back ground gray screen when I open the app. It had been working fine for weeks. Ipone 4, 5.0.1, 04.10.01
    Last edited by skimantom; 03-25-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks
    thank you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Network error?
    Hi,
    Whenever I try to do something that requires a network connection (like check weather), Sara crashes. Sara works otherwise, I can have a conversation, but weather. phone calls, texts etc... does not work. Please help!