+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tired of cleaning Cydia errors?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hello everyone, I want to announce that a new app called RepoFix will be available on Modmyi real soon. It is a command line application that automatically removes all errors
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tired of cleaning Cydia errors?
    Hello everyone, I want to announce that a new app called RepoFix will be available on Modmyi real soon. It is a command line application that automatically removes all errors related to bad repositories. Unlike Cyfix were you have to look back and forward at the reload screen to identify which repos are causing trouble, RepoFix automatically detects and removes the Cydia errors for you. All it takes is to run the program once and then the errors will be gone. Your reload screen will be nice and clean. RepoFix is included with an optional prompt mode in case you are not quite sure if a certain repo is bad or just temporarily shut down. If you can't wait to try it, this app will be temporarily available at cydia.myrepospace.com/redelman431 until launch. Feel free to try it out and share your opinions. Requires grep, erica utilities, network-commands, apt 0.7 strict, and sed.
    Tired of cleaning Cydia errors?-repofix-screenshot.png
    Click here to enlarge screenshot.
    Last edited by redelman431; 01-08-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Hmm, since repository errors are so often temporary (like recently during the untether release), maybe the prompt mode should happen by default, especially for default repositories? Maybe even with a special warning for default repositories? I can imagine people using this and removing default repositories, and then wondering why they can't find SBSettings...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    Hmm, since repository errors are so often temporary (like recently during the untether release), maybe the prompt mode should happen by default, especially for default repositories? Maybe even with a special warning for default repositories? I can imagine people using this and removing default repositories, and then wondering why they can't find SBSettings...
    Someone in another forum said the same thing. I think I will take out the no prompt mode. Thanks
    Last edited by redelman431; 01-09-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Cool! Maybe also a warning for default repositories? Or maybe a reminder somewhere that if they remove a default repository, they can't just add it back with a URL - they have to go to the Cydia homepage and tap "More Package Sources" to reinstall it. I see a lot of random people online who get confused by that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

An even better idea, I'll make it so it won't delete default repositories.