+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE v1.0] SpoofApp - Caller Id Spoofing / Voice Changing / Call Recording

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
SpoofApp v1.0 is officially available! Installer Source: http://www.spoofapp.com/source First off I want to thank the over 500+ people who downloaded and installed the beta version. The feedback I received was
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [RELEASE v1.0] SpoofApp - Caller Id Spoofing / Voice Changing / Call Recording
    SpoofApp v1.0 is officially available!

Installer Source: http://www.spoofapp.com/source

First off I want to thank the over 500+ people who downloaded and installed the beta version. The feedback I received was absolutely incredible. We had 1 minor bug that I never would have found if it wasn't for the feedback I received. Thanks so much, this totally blew me away!

Second, thanks to "coolarmband" for taking the time to send me a logo, icon, AND website design! It just showed up in my mailbox one day! That rocks!

Last but not least, I have 3 BIG announcements...

#1... Starting tomorrow SpoofCard will become an officially supported provider. For those who currently have SpoofApp installed, tomorrow you can tap the settings button on the top, then tap the providers box and you will see SpoofCard appear in the list. For those that have already purchased an iPod Touch, SpoofCard will be available for an addition $20 (hahaha just kidding - Steve Jobs)

#2... Voice Changing AND Call Recording! Only SpoofCard offers it, so we will be providing it! For those of you who sign up with SpoofCard, the voice changer, and call recording options will become unlocked/available!

#3... Purchase minutes from within SpoofApp! When you view the providers list in SpoofApp, the links to buy minutes will take you to an iPhone friendly website where you can make your purchases. Previously we were directing people to very iPhone UNfriendly pages.

Good luck and send me more feedback. Thanks ModMyI.com, this message board is where my App was born! - Al Beebe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpoofApp For This Useful Post:

rosswaycaster (03-24-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

works perfectly with 1.1.3, Alright app, i have no use for it but im sure other people will
    +1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skiez For This Useful Post:

rosswaycaster (03-24-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so is the app free or we have to pay to use it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

a trial version would be good - to see if this app works in the country we live in first before we buy...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whot View Post
    a trial version would be good - to see if this app works in the country we live in first before we buy...
    X2 - would be interested if it worked here in the uk

trial methinks!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope it will get solved like Caterpillar :-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone owensdus's Avatar
    Thanks

installer isnt picking up the source, any ideas on what the issue is?????

Never mind it took 5 refreshes to get it to show up.
    Last edited by owensdus; 03-21-2008 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SpoofApp is free, but you need a provider to make the calls. Let me give you an example...

You can go out and buy car.... but you need gas to use it, and you can get gas from many different companies.

SpoofApp is the car.... Phone Gangster and SpoofCard are the gas.

If you know of any providers that work outside of the US/Canada let me know and ill see if i can support them. BTW SpoofCard (spoofing/voice changer/call recording) was just added. You can select them by click the Providers Box within SpoofApp.

Thanks

Hey, I installed it, nothing happens except the page above. Then it goes back to spring. I uninstalled and the same keeps happening... Had anyone reported this problem? The app shows the home screen, then crashes.
    Last edited by dominic56; 03-21-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks

Will this app work in Austria?

Would be pretty fun.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

PM me with any problems. So far i havent had any reported bugs/issues. You have to visit the providers websites to see the coverage area. SpoofApp doesnt actually make your iphone call someone.... it sends a "call request" to a provider...who in turn calls YOU... when you answer it.... they then connect you with the person your trying to call. Confusing but just how it all works. Oh... you can get a free sample at http://phonegangster.com/free_spoofi...p?ref=spoofapp by completing an offer... which basically means enter your email address... click through a bunch of ads (takes under a minute) then you get the PIN in your mailbox. Im trying to work something out where you get an instant 5 minute free trial for installing spoofapp, but so far no luck. Its up to the providers, the app is a middle man so to speak.

Thanks

just something i don't get... why would i pay for voice recording? some phones already have function that record the conversation voice as a program, such as my previous phone P910i.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default awesome app
    This app works great...pranked a few friends and the voice changer is awesome....definently worth a good laugh

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the app is really about caller id spoofing... hence SpoofApp. Call recording and voice changing are just extra features that certain providers offer because it doesnt cost them any money to offer them. Call recording and voice changing are just a computer program that handles it. Caller ID spoofing on the other hand is a service that requires equipment (phone lines, phone service) I'm sure someone could make a free app that records calls and does voice changing for free which would be awesome... but as for caller id spoofing, that's not something that's programmed. Its a service that is offered by a company for $$$. I researched how much it would cost to offer my own caller id spoofing service and its not cheap at all. What it comes down to is phone lines, per minute fees from the telephone company, and bandwidth. In order to make a spoofed call.... the provider must use 1 telephone line to call you..... then a second line to call the other person..... then link the 2 calls together. Now if your app is popular like spoofapp... you could have 50 people making calls at the same time....50 people x 2 lines per call.... you need to have 100 phone lines setup.... now factor in that the phone company will be charging you for service on each line and it adds up quick. Also, all these calls are actually transmitted over the internet (VOIP) and voice calls of this volume consume lots of bandwidth which isnt free. This is why it only works in the US. Because if the providers which are all US based wanted to handle calls to other countries.... the phone company is going to charge them international rates. If your reading this.... this is a HUGE money making opportunity. You can invest in the equipment and offer the service in your country, integrate with spoofapp and make some cash.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpoofApp View Post
    PM me with any problems. So far i havent had any reported bugs/issues. You have to visit the providers websites to see the coverage area. SpoofApp doesnt actually make your iphone call someone.... it sends a "call request" to a provider...who in turn calls YOU... when you answer it.... they then connect you with the person your trying to call. Confusing but just how it all works. Oh... you can get a free sample at http://phonegangster.com/free_spoofi...p?ref=spoofapp by completing an offer... which basically means enter your email address... click through a bunch of ads (takes under a minute) then you get the PIN in your mailbox. Im trying to work something
    out where you get an instant 5 minute free trial for installing spoofapp, but so far no luck. Its up to the providers, the app is a middle man so to speak.
    I'm still confused... Will this work on an iPod touch with a touchmods mic?

Thanks

is there anyway we could get something like this for txting also ?

Thanks

Now if only this was free.
    Thank you,
    David Branco

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can install it on your iPod touch and use it. In the settings page it asks for your phone number. Since you dont have an iPhone, enter your cell phone / home number number. Now when you place calls..... you will get a call on your cell/home number. As soon as you answer it, youll hear it ringing... and then the person you wanted to call will pick up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! I just used this and its great! wow!

Thanks

Retarded, I'm not going to pay for a service like this.