Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] FolderIcons - set your custom icon for each folder!

Cool [Release] FolderIcons - set your custom icon for each folder!
    Hi, I didn't find tweak which will do that for me, so I made my own This is beta version and I'm sharing it for testing, especially for iPhone 3G/3GS and iPad users, couse I just have iPhone 4 and cannot test it on other devices.

You have to place icons in correct sizes for your device in "/private/var/mobile/Media/FolderIcons/" chose it in preferences and respring.

And here is the package: pl.vertex.foldericons_0.9.1-2_iphoneos-arm.deb.zip

Enjoy and let me know about any bug you found, I will try to fix them as soon as possible

Screenshots

EDIT: Updated download with bugfix.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by vertexbz; 08-31-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: bugfix

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vertexbz For This Useful Post:

IrobertI (01-28-2014)

Does this tweak not change folder icons if you're using a winterboard theme ?

I have icons in (what I assume) is the proper size, in the correct folder path, and have assigned them via the settings app, and resprung, but I'm not seeing the updated icons on the springboard.

Check bigboss repo for 1.0.0 version this thread is quite old

Quote Originally Posted by vertexbz View Post
    Check bigboss repo for 1.0.0 version this thread is quite old
    I Am am using the 1.0.0 version from Cydia.

It is compatible with winterboard do you have any tweak which disables folder icons or something?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vertexbz For This Useful Post:

GAIAStevef (09-07-2011)

Yep, that was it. the "NoFolderPreview" substrate addon was enabled. I turned it off, and now they are working.

Thanks for creating such a cool tweak !

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

Where can I find some folder icons for this awesome tweak?

Question Awesome tweak
    Thanks a lot for creating this awesome tweak.
    Well, bug report comes, I just don't really know what to report. I am using it on iPad 4.2.1. I was... I just did the same thing one by one (putting my icons in folders and SSHing in my custom icons to the given folder) when on the eighth folder it crashed. I resprung, then rebooted, then removed tweak-manually removed icon folder-rebooted-reinstalled the tweak and I did this a couple of times but it's the same, it just quits immediately. Half of the folder icons are what I have set, half of them reverted back to the default folder view. I am willing to "leakfind"; if you tell me where I can find some logfiles I can copy/paste them. Is there any setting file that it creates with the folder icons I set up so that I could check and maybe manually mod it?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by iNfected; 09-08-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Your latest update partly solved the problem, I was able to install it again and it did not quit right away.
    But then after one respring Springboard crashed and I got into safe mode, and I was unable to respring correctly again until I removed the package. I reinstalled, same thing, Springboard crash, safe mode, no way to get out of the loop. I did this a few times and ended up removing it again so that I can respring normally. Can you please add a "reset settings" option to it? It is clear that by removing the package it does not remove its settings because when I reinstalled it today it remembered my five folder icons set the last time (when I posted the first comment). Thanks! Although - I don't think even that would solve anything. If I reinstall it again I get into safe mode immediately... Perhaps best would be a separate app that removes the settings for users stuck in safe mode. Or to implement that when we remove the app it should remove its own settings. (Then I can install it again, get forced into safe mode, remove the package, get out of the infinite loop)
    Last edited by iNfected; 09-11-2011 at 12:58 PM.

I need help. I installed foldericons and found that iTunes no longer shows my folders, it shows all of my apps outside the folders on many more pages so I uninstalled foldericons now iTunes doesn't see my iPhone at all. Tried DiskAid with same result. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Default Please Help!
    Could someone shed some light?

Everytime i try and install this app, I get stuck into the safe mode reset loop. Ive tried everything I can find on what to do - ie uninstall, delete files, reinstall etc... but nothing is working, just keep getting the loop

If anyone can help, Id really appreciate it

Note - im not that advanced user, so there is prob something normally really obvisous I am not getting.

Cheers

how is this tweak?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    how is this tweak?
    What do you mean?
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    What do you mean?
    do you like it?

Any update in the works for iOS6?

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    Any update in the works for iOS6?
    +1

Also looking forward to a possible update!!

The Jack White of Photoshop Hosko817's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 412 Posts

still broke?

FolderIcons for iOS 7.0.4 is now available in BigBoss repo.

-p1.png-p2.png-p3.png-p4.png

This version currently has no arm64 support cause I'dont have a device for testing and I will not use someone's device couse due few bugs during development I had big problems with restoring my iPhone 4 and dont want to brick someone's phone. Current ETA is "someday", apple products in Poland are pretty expensive and I currentl can't afford it. Anyway you can help with donations at my paypal account

Cheers

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vertexbz For This Useful Post:

Iphone ie (01-28-2014), jozef (01-28-2014), Krima (01-27-2014), Ramses2 (01-27-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,511 Times in 686 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vertexbz View Post
    FolderIcons for iOS 7.0.4 is now available in BigBoss repo.

-p1.png-p2.png-p3.png-p4.png

This version currently has no arm64 support cause I'dont have a device for testing and I will not use someone's device couse due few bugs during development I had big problems with restoring my iPhone 4 and dont want to brick someone's phone. Current ETA is "someday", apple products in Poland are pretty expensive and I currentl can't afford it. Anyway you can help with donations at my paypal account

Cheers
    Thx Bud 😁👊💢 Donation Sent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast