Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [New release] iTactiOS tactile feedback

Default Release: iTactiOS tactile feedback
    Hey all, If you liked the Mesvib haptic feedback tweak from the FW 3.x days, and haven't found a free vibration mod that's compatible with 5.x that suits your fancy, try this:

Package: com.shminkyboy.itactios
    Name: iTactiOS
    Version: 0.3-1
    Depends: firmware (>= 3.1)
    Conflicts: com.nakedproductions.springvibe, com.sull.vibratemod, com.mes.vibrations, com.shminkyboy.itactios
    Installed-Size: 11
    Architecture: iphoneos-arm
    Maintainer: [email protected]
    Author: ShminkyBoy
    Section: Tweaks
    Description: Tactile feedback for iPhone. 3.x, 4.x and 5.x compatible. This mod will add tactile feedback to your phone's keyboard and dialpad, along with some other tactile style tweaks. No icons are added to Springboard, enable/disable via the native Settings -> Sounds -> vibrate toggles. iTactiOS backs up the original settings and will restore them upon uninstall. Does NOT use winterboard to run.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shminkyboy; 06-25-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: spelling

293 views?

Is it working ok for the guys/gals that tried it?

Is it working ok on all models?

Thanks for checking it out =)

Just curious, because I already have HapticPro, is this any different/better?

The differences between iTactiOS and paid solutions is that it doesn't use extra resources, and requires nothing (like Mes's package).. and is free =)

It is also different than Mes's package in that it supports 3.x *and* 4.x... Other changes include:

-Some of the vibration patterns' duration and quality have been changed a bit compared to Mes's package.
    -Some of the sound behaviors were changed a bit compared to Mes's package.
    -SilentVibrate & RingVibrate on/off options are more consistent in that toggling them off now shuts off the haptic feedback as well.
    -Files are installed from and backed up to the iTactiOS folder in /Library, rather than in the /System/.. folder tree

Since this is a lightweight modification, there are no granular options, it's either on, or off.

Like Mes, I am not planning on submitting this to MMI, for the same reasons (MMI requires a more elegant mobile substrate solution because plist files are modified). I just felt like sharing it because I wanted a 4.x compatible version of Mes's package, and felt others might too =D I just tweaked things more to my preference while i was at it =D
    Last edited by shminkyboy; 06-29-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: to stay crispy, even in milk!

OK, thanks.

Updated first post, minor cleanups.. version bumped up to 0.2-1, enjoy =)
    Last edited by shminkyboy; 07-15-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Updated to 0.3-1, first post updated.

iOS 5.x support, experimental. Known working on iPhone 3gs and iPhone 4 GSM phones. SHOULD work on others.. If yours doesn't work let me know =)