+ Reply
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 541

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: HTC Animated Wigdet For PerPageHTML

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Major Herbie I haven't touched the Widget, copied this and it didn't fix anything. I asume it's my Deivice so i'm re-installing PerPageHTML and your Widget. Will
...
  1. #61
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
    I haven't touched the Widget, copied this and it didn't fix anything. I asume it's my Deivice so i'm re-installing PerPageHTML and your Widget. Will get back to you once it's done and i've tried to copy what you put here.

    Thanks for the help
    If it's not your configuration, try clearing your Safari cache and clearing any database you have for yahoo.com in Settings > Safari > Databases then respring.

  2. #62
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by altair0074 View Post
    If it's not your configuration, try clearing your Safari cache and clearing any database you have for yahoo.com in Settings > Safari > Databases then respring.
    Will do that as well, hope it works. Do you have any idea when you can port the to the lockscreen cause that would be very awesome.

  3. #63
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
    Will do that as well, hope it works. Do you have any idea when you can port the to the lockscreen cause that would be very awesome.
    If you want this on the lockscreen, download "HTC Weather Widget" v1.75 by Jose Sampo.

  4. #64
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by altair0074 View Post
    If you want this on the lockscreen, download "HTC Weather Widget" v1.75 by Jose Sampo.
    I don't want that. I can't use it with "LockInfo" and it has a stupid wallpaper another problem is that eerytime i go to the lock screen with Jose's widget it takes a second to load(One second is too much because i can see the blanks for even a microsecond". I want the one made by the OP because his is great and doesn't remove my wallpaper.

    Unless you can help me please stop pushing Jose's work.
    Last edited by Major Herbie; 02-17-2011 at 01:45 AM.

  5. #65
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
    I don't want that. I can't use it with "LockInfo" and it has a stupid wallpaper another problem is that eerytime i go to the lock screen with Jose's widget it takes a second to load(One second is too much because i can see the blanks for even a microsecond". I want the one made by the OP because his is great and doesn't remove my wallpaper.

    Unless you can help me please stop pushing Jose's work.
    FYI, the OP modified Jose's widget and files to make it work with perpagehtml so this widget is originally Jose's work which has been ported from the lockscreen to the homescreen. As the OP stated, he modified the "HTC Weather Widget" so it can be used with perpagehtml and the widget can be on your home page instead of the lockscreen. The Widget.html used for this mod s a modified copy of Jose's work and it includes his name in the header.

    I recommended the HTC Weather Widget because it was made by the person who originally made the widget you are now using and you said you wanted the one made by the OP which was really this widget.

    Also you can change the background to anything you want as indicated in the configuration and you can still use it with LockInfo. For LockInfo, you need to change the layout and push the LockInfo section down so it doesn't overlap with the HTC clock and weather.

    There is the loading issue which I also agree is an issue that can be annoying and is something that does not appear we can fix ourselves. Hopefully, it can be fixed in a future update but if the loading issue is something you can't live with, then I would agree the widget is not for you but I don't think you should criticize the widget just because of your LockInfo and wallpaper issues that can be corrected if you take the time to make some adjustments to your settings.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to altair0074 For This Useful Post:

    lennyflip (05-11-2011), Major Herbie (02-17-2011)

  7. #66
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by altair0074 View Post
    FYI, the OP modified Jose's widget and files to make it work with perpagehtml so this widget is originally Jose's work which has been ported from the lockscreen to the homescreen. As the OP stated, he modified the "HTC Weather Widget" so it can be used with perpagehtml and the widget can be on your home page instead of the lockscreen. The Widget.html used for this mod s a modified copy of Jose's work and it includes his name in the header.

    I recommended the HTC Weather Widget because it was made by the person who originally made the widget you are now using and you said you wanted the one made by the OP which was really this widget.

    Also you can change the background to anything you want as indicated in the configuration and you can still use it with LockInfo. For LockInfo, you need to change the layout and push the LockInfo section down so it doesn't overlap with the HTC clock and weather.

    There is the loading issue which I also agree is an issue that can be annoying and is something that does not appear we can fix ourselves. Hopefully, it can be fixed in a future update but if the loading issue is something you can't live with, then I would agree the widget is not for you but I don't think you should criticize the widget just because of your LockInfo and wallpaper issues that can be corrected if you take the time to make some adjustments to your settings.
    I knew that this was a modified version of Jose's work but I see your point and I have been using Jose's for the lock screen i have also found the setting so it works with lockinfo without p!ssing me off. I thankyou for your help and once i find the setting to change the background i will use that.

  8. #67
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Great widget. Just one thing. Can you rearrange the date layout? E.g. Thu, 17 Feb. (I'm British so I prefer this format)

  9. #68
    What's Jailbreak? iAmMortos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default Calendar does not update?
    Hey! GREAT Add-on! I am mesmurised by the smooth animation of my weather widget on an hourly basis.
    I did have a question though; I happened to flip over to the Calendar add-on (which I set to my spotlight page, and modified the HTML so it would sit above the keyboard instead of under it) and i happened to notice that it isn't updating like it should. Looking at it today it still reads yesterday's date. on respring, it is reinitialized and shows the correct date, but it seems that the JavaScript that is in charge of updating the date doesn't work after the initialization. Is anyone else having this problem?

    You could do this in the HTML if you know enough about it. I found the area where it sets the date format while browsing through the files once. should be pretty easy to rearrange (considering you back up the file first, just in case)
    Last edited by iAmMortos; 02-19-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #69
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hello, first of all thank you very much for this great creation!
    i have some questions

    first i'm trying to translate it to spanish, I modified the widget html and change the names to spanish, but nothing happened
    Do i have to change something in the configureME file also?

    this is what i changed:

    var this_weekday_name_array = new Array("Dom","Lun","Mar","Mie","Jue","Vie","Sab")

    var this_month_name_array = new Array("Ene","Feb","Mar","Abr","May","Jun","Jul","A go","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dic") //predefine month names



    "tstorm3", //0 tornado

    "tstorm3", //1 tormenta tropical

    "tstorm3", //2 huracán

    "tstorm3", //3 tormenta fuerte

    "tstorm3", //4 tormentas

    "sleet", //5 aguanieve

    "sleet", //6 granizo

    "sleet", //7 agua y nieve

    "sleet", //8 lluvia nieve

    "light_rain", //9 llovizna

    "sleet", //10 lluvia helada

    "shower3", //11 lluvia ligera

    "shower3", //12 lluvia ligera

    "snow1", //13 copos de nieve

    "snow2", //14 logeras nevadas

    "snow4", //15 viento nieve

    "snow4", //16 nieve

    "hail", //17 granizo

    "sleet", //18 aguanieve

    "mist", //19 niebla

    "fog", //20 niebla

    "fog", //21 bruma

    "fog", //22 humo

    "windy", //23 ventoso

    "windy", //24 viento

    "windy", //25 frio

    "overcast", //26 nublado

    "cloudy4_night", //27 muy nublado (noche)

    "cloudy4", //28 muy nublado (dia)

    "cloudy1_night", //29 parcialmente nublado (noche)

    "cloudy1", //30 parcialmente nublado (dia)

    "sunny_night", //31 despejado (noche)

    "sunny", //32 soleado

    "fair_night", //33 buen tiempo (noche)

    "fair", //34 buen tiempo (dia)

    "hail", //35 lluvia y granizo

    "hot", //36 calor

    "tstorm1", //37 tormentas aisladas

    "tstorm2", //38 tormentas dispersas

    "tstorm2", //39 tormentas dispersas

    "shower1", //40 lluvia aislada

    "snow5", //41 fuerte nevada

    "snow3", //42 nevada dispersa

    "snow5", //43 fuerte nevada

    "cloudy1", //44 parcialmente nublado

    "tstorm3", //45 tormentas

    "snow2", //46 nieve

    "tstorm1", //47 tormentas aisladas

    "dunno", //3200 no disponible

    thanks for your help!

  11. #70
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Köflach, Austria
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    stupid question but did you respring/restart afterward?

    should work after that!

  12. #71
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    yes i did the respring, but nothing changed, only the day and month
    did i have to change another line to get weather status in spanish?

  13. #72
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i know this is prolly a newb question but im kinda new to all this i was wondering , if anyone knows how to overwrite the included lockbackground.png file for the htc weather widget 1.7 thats what it says i need to do to have my own background on the lockscreen.

  14. #73
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Köflach, Austria
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BorjaZD View Post
    yes i did the respring, but nothing changed, only the day and month
    did i have to change another line to get weather status in spanish?
    In theprivate folder go to translation.something and change the names for kne of the pre defined translations to the spanish ones. once you got that report back and ill help you from there!

  15. #74
    What's Jailbreak? n3xus6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hello all, new member here
    Great Widget, thanks to all involved in bringing these out.

    Im looking for some help with the widget. What im trying to do is remove the text labels from the interface. Specifically, the "city", "forecast", "date" and the row of text that goes with the 4 day forecast. Ive spent some time in the Widget.html trying to figure out what to change but have had no success. Is there an easy way to set all the text to transparent or someway to just remove it from the interface??

  16. #75
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Finally I get it!!
    I didn't saw the translation file
    Now I have everything in spanish
    Thank you very much for your help!!

  17. #76
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Köflach, Austria
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BorjaZD View Post
    Finally I get it!!
    I didn't saw the translation file
    Now I have everything in spanish
    Thank you very much for your help!!
    Your Welcome! =)

    On a side note..
    hows the update coming?

    Still wondering if we could add the "in front of icon" weather animation of UniAW! that would be great!

  18. #77
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by n3xus6 View Post
    Hello all, new member here
    Great Widget, thanks to all involved in bringing these out.

    Im looking for some help with the widget. What im trying to do is remove the text labels from the interface. Specifically, the "city", "forecast", "date" and the row of text that goes with the 4 day forecast. Ive spent some time in the Widget.html trying to figure out what to change but have had no success. Is there an easy way to set all the text to transparent or someway to just remove it from the interface??
    In the widget.html near the very bottom, you'll see this code line. <a id="city"></a><a id="desc"></a><a id="temp"></a>
    Just delete the ones that you don't want seen. I could never figure out the code lines to raise the city and temp up inside the gray box, after I lifted the bg.png, so I just deleted them.
    Last edited by kxs783kms; 02-23-2011 at 09:49 PM.

  19. #78
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I would like to start by saying that I absolutely love this widget. It is amazing, one of the best I have ever seen and used. That being said, I have one complaint. While the option is given to change between Fahrenheit and Celsius, it appears to only change the letter that is displayed (C or F). It would be much more beneficial if changing this option actually changed the way temperature is measured. Maybe this is just a problem I am experiencing, and if so I would like some help fixing this, but it is definitely inhibiting me from using this theme on a daily basis.

    F-X-

  20. #79
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Could I say all tweaks and app used for this theme? Could I have the wallpaper and icons too, please?

  21. #80
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hi guys! currently, my setup is as follows:

    springboard: using david's perpagehtml widget without forecast, with animation (so i can have 2 rows at the bottom)
    lockscreen: htc weather 1.75 with forecast and animation

    what i would like to know is how to enable the htc weather widget on the Springboard to be universal among all the pages of the springboard, rather than having to set them page by page from the perpagehtml settings. meaning to say, eg. when i scroll from page 1 to page 2, the widget stays put, just like how a winterboard add-on works called (HTC Widget (No Forecast)). the issue with this winterboard add-on i refuse to use is because it doesn't have animation like the one david has.

    in a nutshell, would it be possible to have:
    htc widget on springboard with animation, unaffected by scrolling? i'm guessing this would have to be modified back to a winterboard add-on. it would be much nicer! now i've set david's to page 1 and page 2, and the HTC widget as well as animation moves along with the horizontal scrolling. it's quite an eyesore. =(

    hoping to find a solution! thanks in advance guys!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts