Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Animated Wigdet For PerPageHTML

King_O_Hill: You got me again. Your answer is confusing. How to distinguish what is the "main" JS file?

In the HTCAniPPH folder there is only the configureMe.js file. Does that make it the "main" js file?

Should I be looking in other folders? If so which folders?

Help

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,825 Times in 6,753 Posts

Look through the folders for another .js file. If you do not find one, it may be built into the HTML file.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

King_O_Hill: I found 2 JS files here: VAR/Library/PerpageHTML/HTCAniPPH/Sources -> AppleweatherStolen.js and Yahooweather.js

I added what you suggested to both: $.ajaxSetup({timeout: 8000, cache: false}); - at the beginning of each file.

Didn't break anything but still the weather is not updating. Should I remove one of the JS files? Is there a better one available that is known to work?

Still whining for help.

Quote Originally Posted by jtibedo View Post
    King_O_Hill: You got me again. Your answer is confusing. How to distinguish what is the "main" JS file?

In the HTCAniPPH folder there is only the configureMe.js file. Does that make it the "main" js file?

Should I be looking in other folders? If so which folders?

Help
    Navigate to:
    /var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/HTC_UniAW6_LS/JavaScript/Main

In that folder is "main.js"

This is where you need to add the line provided by King_O_Hill.

Or you can download this one (main.js) and replace your existing file as I went ahead and did it for you.

Hope this helps!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to atlthrashers17 For This Useful Post:

jtibedo (06-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by atlthrashers17 View Post
    Navigate to:
    /var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/HTC_UniAW6_LS/JavaScript/Main

In that folder is "main.js"

This is where you need to add the line provided by King_O_Hill.

Or you can download this one (main.js) and replace your existing file as I went ahead and did it for you.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you very much for your help.

I have since remove the HTC Weather Animated and installed:

HTCaniPPH-GPS-Cal...

It seems to be working fine but now I noticed that it removed my signal meter from the very top of the iPhone. Also it has a background image that I can't get rid of. I would prefer if its background was completely transparent.

-iphone-htc-animated.png

Anybody have thoughts on this?

Thanks

Yeah, just run UniAW6 for animation and then an HTC iWidget.

Quote Originally Posted by jtibedo View Post
    Thank you very much for your help.

I have since remove the HTC Weather Animated and installed:

HTCaniPPH-GPS-Cal...

It seems to be working fine but now I noticed that it removed my signal meter from the very top of the iPhone. Also it has a background image that I can't get rid of. I would prefer if its background was completely transparent.

-iphone-htc-animated.png

Anybody have thoughts on this?
    You need to find LockBackground.png and replace it with the one I provided for you below.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/dlpmed...Background.png
    Last edited by atlthrashers17; 06-28-2013 at 08:00 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to atlthrashers17 For This Useful Post:

jtibedo (06-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yeah, just run UniAW6 for animation and then an HTC iWidget.
    As usual your well intended replies leave so much information out that it is of no help to me. I appreciate you taking the time to reply but I don't have your experience or knowledge. From what I have read, an iWidget is not compatible with a Perpage widget. I'm now using the HTCaniPPH-GPS-Cal... perpage widget.

atlthrashers17: I wish I had seen your reply before I removed the first HTC Animated Weather widget. Your reply is very easy to understand and follow. Thanks

Thanks

PPHTML is old.

iWidgets are the way to go. You can put them on any page and position them where ever you want. You can also run multiple widgets on each page.
    Check it out here:

Mobile link:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-4s-new-skins-themes-launches/805840-tweak-iwidgets-%thread_page%-print.html

PC link:

[Tweak] iWidgets

UniAW is the basis for most of the animated weather widgets that you find here.
    Check it out here:

Mobile link:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-4s-new-skins-themes-launches/821501-uniaw6-0-iph4-iph5-%thread_page%-print.html

PC link:

UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

I only used iWidgets for a short time. PPHTML allows you to put your widget on any page and any position you want too (if you have the know how). I like that PPHTML widgets are fixed and not able to just be picked up and moved like icons. I also feel that the PPHTML version is more stable. Perhaps the iWidgets have improved since I last used them but often used too much memory and would lead to SB crashing into safe mode.

Is there a good HTC AW iWidget version somewhere? If you can point me to it I would like to give it a try.

Hi, hope this I right place, just updated to iPhone 5, got my uniaw6 working ok through LockHTML on lockscreen with no problems, but my homescreen version which is through PerPage is not showing the background all the way to the bottom, it's not that it needs making longer, it's the grassy bit that's not showing.

Cheers

Thanks

There are 2 HTC iWidgets that were just posted on the last page of the iWidgets thread.

The tweak has been updated and runs virtually flawless now. There is also a tweak called iTapper that allows you to set each iWidget to open any app that you set to open with it when touched.

PPHTML is old.

iWidgets are the way to go. You can put them on any page and position them where ever you want. You can also run multiple widgets on each page.
    Check it out here:

Mobile link:

[Tweak] iWidgets

PC link:

[Tweak] iWidgets

UniAW is the basis for most of the animated weather widgets that you find here.
    Check it out here:

Mobile link:

UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

PC link:

UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5
    I tried some iWidgets. Very invasive. They changed my lock screen (a no no) and changed all my icons (more no no's) and changed all the backgrounds for every page. Very bad experience. But.... the animated weather did work. I removed it very quickly.

Thanks

I don't believe you, they don't work that way!

First, it has nothing to do with your lockscreen. No way, no how.

Second, they can't move your icons, as they are substrated to only work above the icons.

You must be referring to the use of a very early release and not the current version in Cydia. Go and check out the PPHTML thread and let me know about all the new and creative stuff going on over there. Oh yeah, you won't find any, because that thread is all bit dead. PPHTML will most likely die when iOS 7 is released.

You realize that iWidgets is derived from PPHTML, don't you. It is the next evolutionary step in widgets. You are riding a dinosaur here and the meteor is falling.

Sorry, I was just trying to help you get off the sinking ship.

"I don't believe you"? That is counter productive to the very core of this forum. Why would anyone lie about a problem they are reaching out for help with?? Doesn't make sense.

I did in fact install an iWidget. It did in fact completely replace my lock screen. It did in fact change many of the icons and it did in fact replace my background with a different one on all the subsequent pages! And.......... thats why I removed it.

Thanks

If it did, then why didn't you go to that thread and ask for help or put up a screen shot. It's issues like this that we could troubleshoot and then provide help to others. But for you to simply state it did this and Then remove it is even more counterintuitive.

Sorry for your trouble, I will leave it at that.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 06-28-2013 at 04:07 PM.

I removed it because I didn't like it. I didn't want to spend time on it. My choice. Now I'm sorry I even mentioned it.

I'm getting the feeling your priorities are more bent toward argument than helping and finding solutions. Kind of odd.

Thanks

Yeah, that's me. Just ask around.

Yeah I found them iWidgets, they do look clean, but its the animated clouds with background changing according to weather, I will try and put a pic up.

Cheers

image.jpg

Any one any ideas on the bottom bit missing.

Cheers
    Last edited by Andycots; 06-29-2013 at 12:55 AM.

There are 2 HTC iWidgets that were just posted on the last page of the iWidgets thread.

The tweak has been updated and runs virtually flawless now. There is also a tweak called iTapper that allows you to set each iWidget to open any app that you set to open with it when touched.
    I checked out both of these two. These do not match the classic HTC clock, these are the both from the new HTC One. Also, they are missing the animated weather, which is the coolest part. I've been searching for an iWidget version that resembles the PPHTML that I use now. I may take on the task of converting myself but it's a little over my head. On the other hand, I still don't see the big deal. iTapper sounds cool though.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast