+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone GV Extension

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
    Thanks

Default Phone GV Extension
    Current Version: 1.0.1 available in cydia now
    Supported iOS Versions: 4.0, 4.1, 4.2
    Free trial for 5 days and beyond that a license is required at $2.99. Buy it now
    Demo video on YouTube

Phone GV Extension is a system extension (NOT a standalone app) that seamlessly integrates Google Voice phone calling capability (both available GV dialing methods, Direct Dial mode and Call Back mode, are supported) into iPhone’s built-in Phone app. iOS 4.x (including 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2) are supported.

With the extension, phone calls routed through GV can be made directly from the built-in Phone app. Choose in 4 modes: GV Direct Dial, GV Call Back (in which if you use an a-list it won’t cost your minutes), Carrier, and Ask Before Dialing. It also provides a Dialing Rules Editor app to edit advanced dialing rules for per-number and/or prefix mode settings. Check pictures below.

Also, it provides the same calling experience as carrier calls in Phone app: the real recipient caller ID’s are displayed in dialing & in-call interface and in Call History instead of random GV #’s. You get a 100% native calling experience with your GV account. When a phone call is routed through GV a “GV Call” label is shown on the in-call interface. Press the “i” button to see detailed info.

For the SMS counterpart check SMS GV Extension.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DanTheManMS's Avatar
    Thanks

Not gonna lie, this is the one app I would consider upgrading my 3GS to iOS 4.x for. I know he's planning on backporting to iOS 3.x but my impatience might get the better of me, heh.

Thanks

I just updated to 4.1 from 3.1.3 specifically for this app so I know exactly what you mean....

Green Apple
    Thanks

I absolutely, ABSOLUTELY love this extension. Unfortunately, on my bill for last month I found some long distance charges for calls I made to Canada from the US that were supposed to have been made using Google Voice. I'm not sure how that happened, but from now on I am going to check for "GV Call" before allowing it to go through. Otherwise, this extension is a godsend!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just want to follow up my last post.

I have not had a problem with the GV Phone Extension not working properly in weeks. It now uses GV every single time, with no faults. Love this tweak!!!