Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LockInfo + LockWeather/WeatherIcon

Default LockInfo + LockWeather/WeatherIcon
    Hey guys,

I have LockInfo installed on my iPod touch 4g. Everything works great except the weather plugins don't seem to update. They only update when I open the stock iPod weather app. I have both plugins set to refresh every 1 minute. I've also turned on the display for "show update date time" so i know they're both not updating until i open the stock weather app.

are both plugins entirely dependent on the stock weather app? if this is the case, is there a way to force the stock weather app to update on a regular basis (when wifi available). i realize most of these apps are tailored more specifically towards the iPhone, but i'm in areas with wifi for most of my day so it'd be nice if they'd update on their own.

What weather plugins do you have installed?

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    What weather plugins do you have installed?
    i have both the LockWeather and WeatherIcon plugin. i turned on the update time display for both plugins and they both showed that weather was not updating (until i would open the stock weather app).

after messing around some more, I installed the actual WeatherIcon APP and now it seems to be working ok. It's a litle confusing because in LockInfo's aditional plugin screen, it lists the PLUGIN named "WeatherIcon" which redirects to a "Weather Plugin for Lockinfo". The plugin "LockWeather" says it gets it's info from "WeatherIcon". I didn't realize there was a separate "WeatherIcon" APP that needed to be installed in addition to the plugins. it doesn't help that the PLUGIN is misnamed "WeatherIcon" either..

http://iphone.ashman.com/lockinfo/plugins.html
    Last edited by Mcubed45; 10-28-2010 at 03:54 PM.

I've seen similar threads about the issue you posted. I use HTC Plugin for weather (Lockinfo) and it works flawless on my 3GS and I have an animated aquarium as the lock screen background.

Thats what i use, HTC and have no issues.

been working fine ever since i installed the weathericon APP. not sure what's going on behind the scenes but my guess is that it needs WeatherIcon to actively pull updated info from the app of your choice (including the stock app). there wouldn't be any reason for the stock weather app to run in the background and regularly update since on a stock device, the only time you'd access weather information is when you open the app.

does the HTC plugin function without the WeatherIcon APP?

I do have the weather icon installed because i used it in the past. But it is shut off now. So its installed but not active.
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 11-01-2010 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    I do have the weather icon installed because i used it in the past. But it is shut off now. So its installed but not active.
    the app or the plugin?

The weather icon app (which is set to off). I don't have any of the weather plugins from LI. I just use HTC which has the weather and calendar.
    If i understand you right you have Lock Weather (native) and WeatherIcon (native) installed from LI plugins? If so why both? just curious
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 11-05-2010 at 07:48 AM.