Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Locator App

Default Locator App
    I think someone should make an app that you can locate your phone via a computer, by logging into some website. So in case its lost or stolen, you can track it. Kind of like Navizon GPS, but the other way around. Oh yea, and it should actually work, unlike Navizon

Good idea?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Evo-L For This Useful Post:

Antonio smith (04-15-2011)

Good idea. Yet anyone who is smart enough to steal your iPhone should be smart enough to make sure he formats it quick.

doesn't matter - by the time i realize my phone is gone it will be like 60 seconds after it was taken

the first thing any thief does is turn off a phone. he then takes it home and reformats it. of course a phone can still be deactivated using its unique code.

anyway, if the phone is switched off, there is no way this could work, and it would eat up battery if it was constantly reporting its location. sorry, no way this would work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone StrictlyBusiness's Avatar
    Thanks

Well you could have run after you send a txt message and then track it like that sorta command start up type of thing, wouldn't that conserve battery power or am I wrong?

Default this app does exist
    This app does exist, at least for blackberry. For the blackberry it's called "berry locator". If you lose your phone, you send an email to yourself with a unique sentence you devise (like "lost phone") along with whatever message you want. The phone lights, blinks etc and that message pops up. Also, if your phone has gps on it, the app will send you back an email with a google map on where the phone is. i've tried it and it works just fine, the only problem is 1) it works if the phone is muted, but NOT if the phone is turned off, and 2) the gps locator doesn't work if the phone is in-doors...must have line of sight to the sky. It it exists for the blackberry possibly there is something for the iphone also.