+ Reply
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Web Browser - iPhone Browsing Redefined

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
First of all, I have to say you've done a great job on the browser so far! It's awesome! Having said that, there are a few features that I still
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First of all, I have to say you've done a great job on the browser so far! It's awesome!

Having said that, there are a few features that I still miss from my Safari + Cydia tweaks set up. Most of them are already being addressed in future versions according to your responses in this thread so far, like the ability to import bookmarks from Safari, multitouch gestures, and a graphical tab overview. For nice implementations of multitouch and tab overview, I suggest you take a look at the Cydia tweaks FullScreen for Safari and GridTab for Safari, if you haven't already.

There's one more thing that I really miss about Safari, that I can't seem to get on 360. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong. When I do a Google Search on Safari, I get the Options Menu to the left of the Search Box that lets you refine your search by time etc, and I see the other Google properties as nice tabs at the top of the page. When I do the same search on 360, I'm shown a generic mobile page with the Options menu missing and the tabs replaced by links. How do I get 360 to show me the iPhone optimized pages?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aragorn121 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-06-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DP-Exxed View Post
    @Ins0mniac & @Stormhunter117: Stormuhunter pretty much answers for us , however, there are some things which should be kept in mind. 360 Arcs will have some performance hit when you access them with Quick Access List. This is due to the fact that the Quick Access List gets more priority at that time then the Arcs since the Arcs are usually not used when the user access the quick list. Let us know if the Arcs lag even when you are not on Quick Access List.
    Yep, the "quick access list" is the place where the arc animation slows to a snail's pace. The problem is that this is the start page, so it's hard to miss!

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that working with such high resolution animations on a 960x640 screen, whilst simultaneously drawing tabs in the background must really tax that A4 processor! Its just a shame because as soon as the animations drop, the app loses its slickness. Being slick and fast is what 360 Browser seems all about, so I hope there's a way around this in the future.

Keep up the awesome work though. I'm really loving the browser overall and it's great talking directly to a developer who actually listens to us, and quickly implements user's suggestions.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ins0mniac For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-06-2010)

Thanks

Wow! Just saw the reply. Sucks MMi doesnt send emails for when someone edits their post.

You guys are freaking awesome!! I cant believe you basically are planning on adding or considering almost every single thing I suggested including a bunch in 1.2 and 2.0.
    Cant wait for all the gestures and stuff (:

About the plugin button in the bottom bar-
    Basically what I had in mind is you tap the button and it brings up a scrollable vertical list of all the plugins with the icon followed by the name on the left of each row and then to the right of that will be a switch that has on/off and it will show whether its on or off and then you can easily just toggle plugins on and off from their instead of having to hit the gear button the the plugin button then scrolling over to the right a bunch of times because the icons are so big and theres so many plugins and then having to refresh the page to turn it off. My method I believe would make plugins easier to use, more accessible and more efficent. Plus theres room for at least one more icon in the bottom bar.

Im a little disappointed that we wont be able to customize everything but I completely understand.

You guys are getting some competition now because Perfect Browser just got a 5.0 update with a lot of performance increases as well as a bunch of features. 3 of which I believe you should add to 360:
    1. Bookmark importing
    2."Open...In" integration for saved files and PDFs.
    3. Background Streaming Audio

How should I go about forwarding my webpage request to DP-Exxed? Email? Whats his adress?

New requests:
    Screen dimming
    Video Out
    Change font
    File sharing (add w/ download manager)

Dang mercury browsers giving you some competition with 11 themes.

For the plugin list i was basically thinking like the settings list style but with a small icon to the left of the test for the plugin. Maybe a little info button the the right of the text that will give you the description if you press on it.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 12-05-2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-06-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dude I don't know if you can do his already but if you could activate the arch anywhere on the screen I would love it ten thousand times more

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yenjoi For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-06-2010)

Thanks

you can if you set "three finger tap" to arch in prefs.

Twitter: @tshoults

10. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-06-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DP-Exxed's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi guys,
    keep the suggestions rolling.
    DP-Prodigy is unable to attend to right now due to the time constraint update 2.0, we want it out before Christmas . He does let us know though that this update is going to make some revolutions to 360 Web Browser .

He will reply to all of you once the update is finished or once he gets up to eat xD.

Regards,
    DP-Exxed

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Wow! Just saw the reply. Sucks MMi doesnt send emails for when someone edits their post.

You guys are freaking awesome!! I cant believe you basically are planning on adding or considering almost every single thing I suggested including a bunch in 1.2 and 2.0.

Basically what I had in mind is you tap the button and it brings up a scrollable vertical list of all the plugins with the icon followed by the name on the left of each row and then to the right of that will be a switch that has on/off and it will show whether its on or off and then you can easily just toggle plugins on and off from their instead of having to hit the gear button the the plugin button then scrolling over to the right a bunch of times because the icons are so big and theres so many plugins and then having to refresh the page to turn it off. My method I believe would make plugins easier to use, more accessible and more efficent. Plus theres room for at least one more icon in the bottom bar.

Im a little disappointed that we wont be able to customize everything but I completely understand.

You guys are getting some competition now because Perfect Browser just got a 5.0 update with a lot of performance increases as well as a bunch of features. 3 of which I believe you should add to 360:
    1. Bookmark importing

How should I go about forwarding my webpage request to DP-Exxed? Email? Whats his adress?

New requests:
    Screen dimming
    Video Out
    Change font

For the plugin list i was basically thinking like the settings list style but with a small icon to the left of the test for the plugin. Maybe a little info button the the right of the text that will give you the description if you press on it.
    Holy... If you add anything more this will replace literally every app on my phone!

Btw, In-app Angry Birds and Cut the Rope apps would be great. Also, in-app SBSettings, Backgrounder, Proswitcher and Multi-icon Mover would be fantastic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhunter117 View Post
    Btw, In-app Angry Birds and Cut the Rope apps would be great. Also, in-app SBSettings, Backgrounder, Proswitcher and Multi-icon Mover would be fantastic.
    Don't forget an in-app "JailbreakME" button, that instantly and permanently jailbreaks and unlocks all known iDevices on any iOS version or baseband

Apple wouldn't have a problem with that would they?

Green Apple
    Thanks

In all seriousness though, do you have any time estimates on the update?

Thanks

There is... we are pulling up an all nighter today to get it completed and pushed for Apple approval, will reply to all your queries once we push it to the App Store .

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

Quaddy (12-11-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@DP, my last post was sarcastic toward some for landing you with a massive, demanding shopping list of i want features, a bit much IMHO, give an inch and take a mile and all that, hence my deliberatly unachievable and ridiculously surreal wish list

this is a web browser after all not an all purpose robotic personal assistant like some on here must think!!! :-)

i havent touched safari on the ip4 for a long time now, 360 is in a class of its own

keep up your stirling efforts, you have a lot to be proud of, even in the current incarnation, so anything else is a bonus for sure.
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-14-2010)

Thanks

Phew, finally finished patching the update up

Pushed it for Apple's Approval :

360 Browser Update 2.0 brings :

✔ Download Manager
    ✔ Firefox Sync
    ✔ File Sharing
    ✔ File Manager
    ✔ Search Suggests
    ✔ Heavy Performance Upgrades
    ✔ FIXED Custom URL Opening Issue on non-Homepage Default Option
    ✔ FIXED Slated Tab Theme Preview crash

• Version 2.0 will also bring a price tag change to $1.99.

Also do note that since we were running short of time, we couldn't bundle up all your requests but we are working on it , the feasible ones that is

Some teaser screens to keep you pondering about it :

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy
    Last edited by DP-Exxed; 12-14-2010 at 10:49 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

Quaddy (12-18-2010), SnowLeo (12-14-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is the bookmark sync only compatible with Firefox? Because I use Chrome.

Thanks

Looking very slick indeed. The download manager is particularly interesting.. Will I be able to run downloaded files with iFile and/or access them via USB with iPhoneBrowser? (like Safarai Download Manager). Or are they only accessible via Wi-Fi or iTunes?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ins0mniac For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-15-2010)

Thanks

Looks super awesome and Im glad your finally bringing my long anticipated download manager request as well as desktop sync although like others said it should also work with google chrome as well as desktop safari.

What is the Dashboard button for?

Loving the fact that your including performance upgrades in this update too.

Why is the arc so small in the screenshot? Is that just how it looks on iphone 4?

Search suggestions just in search box or also in url bar with suggested sites like with google chrome.

Thanks

so this is a beefed up UIWebKit....
    i will stay with safari thank you...
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Snowleo that's not the app arc it's the arc you find if you go to the 360.digitalpoke.com page (i think).

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-15-2010)

Thanks

Hi SnowLeo,
    Thanks, sadly... we ran out of time to add most of the things requested by you but we are on it and you will find them in the next update

We are working on a better accessible interface and we think you will like it ...

1. Bookmark importing

That's why we need your help to make the 360 experience even better , most of the things that are there in the browser are because of the fact that you guys have actually given your valuable suggestion to make it work .

To forward a request to DP-Exxed, email it to [email protected] with the subject head being Exxed : [ subject heading ] to automatically deliver it to his mail box or just mention that the request is meant to be forwarded to him.

New requests:
    Screen dimming
    Video Out
    Change font

We had a bit of a riffle with Mercury Web Browser over the design and execution of their Control Gesture but about other browser themes, they may look the same from the outside eye but the fact of the matter is that our themes changes 600 images, colors and sizes to give you a different feel while others just change color or the background of the image and call it a theme.

As for the requests Screen dimming, Video out request have been duly noted down but do please elaborate the change font request for us to understand it better.

@Yenjoi and @moon#pie : We wanted to include these features in this update but sadly couldn't due to the time constraint, will include them in the upcoming updates

@Quaddy : Hi Quaddy, We really are proud of our user base and the fact that they support us so much makes us go the extra mile. Thanks for bringing a smile on our faces .

Is the bookmark sync only compatible with Firefox? Because I use Chrome.
    Hi Stormhunter,
    the bookmark sync is only compatible with Firefox as of now but your request for chrome sync is already noted down with us and will be integrated in 360 Browser in the upcoming updates .

Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mniac View Post
    Looking very slick indeed. The download manager is particularly interesting.. Will I be able to run downloaded files with iFile and/or access them via USB with iPhoneBrowser? (like Safarai Download Manager). Or are they only accessible via Wi-Fi or iTunes?
    The Download manager files are accessible through Wifi as of now but we are looking at giving you guys other options as well as we go along

Looks super awesome and Im glad your finally bringing my long anticipated download manager request as well as desktop sync although like others said it should also work with google chrome as well as desktop safari.

What is the Dashboard button for?
    The Dashboard button is there to start integration of your Firefox account with 360 as well as to give you a synopsis of the Sync information / Sign Out options.

Loving the fact that your including performance upgrades in this update too.
    Thanks

Why is the arc so small in the screenshot? Is that just how it looks on iphone 4?

Search suggestions just in search box or also in url bar with suggested sites like with google chrome.
    Stormhunter is right, this is the 360.digitalpoke.com website arc and not the 360 Arc of the Web Browser.
    The Search suggestions are supported for the search box for now but we are working on a algorithm to suggest sites like google chrome.

Finally, We thank you all for the tremendous amount of suggestions, We even approached angry birds for it to be included as an in-app but we think they got angrier because of the request so we have just given Quaddy's MMi ID to them and Quaddy should expect some angry birds storming towards him real soon .

Digital Poke wishes Happy Holidays to each and everyone at MMi.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy
    Last edited by DP-Exxed; 12-15-2010 at 01:05 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn121 View Post
    Most of them are already being addressed in future versions according to your responses in this thread so far, like the ability to import bookmarks from Safari, multitouch gestures, and a graphical tab overview. For nice implementations of multitouch and tab overview, I suggest you take a look at the Cydia tweaks FullScreen for Safari and GridTab for Safari, if you haven't already.
    Are multitouch and tab overview going to be implemented? They're features that I loved in my tweaked Safari setup. If they were implemented in 360, the 360 feature list would be complete for me.

There's one more thing that I really miss about Safari, that I can't seem to get on 360. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong. When I do a Google Search on Safari, I get the Options Menu to the left of the Search Box that lets you refine your search by time etc, and I see the other Google properties as nice tabs at the top of the page. When I do the same search on 360, I'm shown a generic mobile page with the Options menu missing and the tabs replaced by links. How do I get 360 to show me the iPhone optimized pages?
    Would you please help me out with this issue? It really bugs me and is the major reason that I end up using Safari sometimes, even though I've bought 360 and love it in almost all other respects.

Thanks

Are multitouch and tab overview going to be implemented? They're features that I loved in my tweaked Safari setup. If they were implemented in 360, the 360 feature list would be complete for me.

Would you please help me out with this issue? It really bugs me and is the major reason that I end up using Safari sometimes, even though I've bought 360 and love it in almost all other respects.
    Hi aragorn121,
    Sorry for missing out on your post. Muti-Touch and tab overview are going to be implemented in the next update as we really wanted to push this update out before christmas and we ran out of time.

We have tested your Google search issue and google does take you to a non-iphone but mobile version of their page. This is mostly due to the fact that they are misunderstanding our user-agent request, we have written them a mail about the same and are looking into ways to counter this. Either Google will fix this up or we will fix this up in the next update .

With Best Regard,
    DP-Prodigy