+ Reply
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Web Browser - iPhone Browsing Redefined

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Excellent customer service! Good to know you're actively listening to user feedback. In regards to already being an option with browser changer, sorry about that. I didn't see it listed,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Excellent customer service! Good to know you're actively listening to user feedback.

In regards to already being an option with browser changer, sorry about that. I didn't see it listed, but after updating the app it's there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ins0mniac For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (11-24-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

And the issue about the browser changer not working unless the start-up mode is home screen....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    i like this browser a lot but i cannot get it working with browser changer
    When i click a link i get the error message:
    Unsupported URL
    This URL wasnt loaded: 360://www.website.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone DP-Exxed's Avatar
    Thanks

@Ins0mniac : Thanks, we want to make 360 Experience the best which means you guys have to play the major part and suggests us what all you need

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhunter117 View Post
    And the issue about the browser changer not working unless the start-up mode is home screen....
    Done already

i like this browser a lot but i cannot get it working with browser changer
    When i click a link i get the error message:
    Unsupported URL
    This URL wasnt loaded: 360://www.website.com
    Hi Valiceemo, that is indeed a strange error. Try reinstalling 360 Web Browser if it persists. We tried to recreate the error over here but weren't able to. Let us know if the problem still persists after that.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

‎360 Review ] Big Hug to CrazyMikesApp - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9vxkvCcT8]YouTube - iPhone App Review 360 Web Browser[/ame]

Thanks

FWA mobile winner - TheFWA - 360 Web Browser | 360 Web Browser

Thanks

/\ congrats, it truly deserves that award, as yourself and the browser have really listened hands on in the community - cant get better than that!

one small thing, and i mean small :-)

the very first time you launch 360 and then go to bring up the arcs, in my case swipe to invoke, there is either a long delay or i have to re-swipe a second time to bring them up, my own laymans feeling about this is, its almost as if it is slow initially, cause its not cached. the second time and so on, is instant, because its already 'in memory', not sure if there is a way of background pre-loading the arcs on 360 launching so its already done?

keep up the smashing work!!!!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (11-30-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

A bit more feedback from me too: The one thing I really don't like in any software is low frame rate or slow performance.

Even on an iPhone 4 I'm finding the refresh rate of animations in 360 very low. Whenever the wheels pop up on screen, the animation is choppy. As in 10 frames a second kind of choppy.

I work in audio/visual so I'm hyper aware of low frame rates, so perhaps some people don't notice it, or maybe its just an error on my end?

Either way, given the app has so much style, fluidity of animations should obviously be important, so I hope to see this resolved.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ins0mniac For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (11-30-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's on your end. I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS with a dozen mobile substrate addons and the glaskart theme (6000+ icons) and the animations is completely smooth. It might be harder for the iPhone 4's retina screen though.

EDIT:: A google chrome/firefox bookmark sync plugin would be great.
    Last edited by Stormhunter117; 11-29-2010 at 07:14 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (11-30-2010)

Thanks

@Quaddy : Your instincts are right on, when the 360 Arcs are initiated first, they are cached to perform better and that is reason for the small initial delay. We are constantly coming up with new techniques to load them but they all have their pitfalls, we are trying to see if we can get it to load faster.

@Ins0mniac & @Stormhunter117: Stormuhunter pretty much answers for us , however, there are some things which should be kept in mind. 360 Arcs will have some performance hit when you access them with Quick Access List. This is due to the fact that the Quick Access List gets more priority at that time then the Arcs since the Arcs are usually not used when the user access the quick list. Let us know if the Arcs lag even when you are not on Quick Access List.

@Stormhunter117: Suggestion duly noted down

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

Thanks

@DP-Exxed, wow, you mean i was right about something?, i might take a photo of this page for posterity! hehe

i though that may be the case, having worked many years ago as a web designer, i remember having to pay thought to roll-over images via javascript and their pre-loading

but just to say, some of the other discussions mention choppy frame rates, not saying they arent experiencing it for one moment, but on my ip4 ios 4.0.1 the 360 browser is liquid fluidity in motion, so smooth and never seems to get anywhere near being an inneficient or a memory hog here.

and i have dozens of mobile substrates running. everyones phone environment is different though, just like computers.

anyway, after all this delicious browser goodness, i think i fancy another in-app theme purchase for 360 tonight, lets try the carbon to spice things up a bit - i am trying to limit myself to 'bling' at weekends only
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (11-30-2010)

Thanks

I think there should be a plugin that enables complete fullscreen mode with nothing but multitouch gestures to navigate and disables all other functions of the app so you can focus on a single web page with no distractions and nothing else until you disable the plugin with another multitouch gesture.

It also be super awesome if you can implement a user imput where you can draw the letters and it turns it to text if possible.

But a more productive and useful thing to implement uf possible is voice to text within the whole app like android has. Not sure what the possibilities are on that and whether apple would reject that feature but itd be super awesome.

This probably goes against the whole idea of tabs but itd be kinda cool if there was a plugin that displayed all the open tabs as images where you can easily sort, delete and add new tabs.

Thats another thing.. rearranging the tabs.

Could you get the normal springboard statusbar to show up like in Perfect Browser instead of the inapp one for those of us that use themed status bars(:

So hows that ipad version coming along?

Instant messengers/facebook messaging in a plugin within the app? Kinda like some of those exstensions for browsers that have that.

Easy and recognizable multitouch gestures to bring up the arc, plugins, settings, and more (with a nice pretty tutorial as soon as you open the app the first time after its added along with tutorials in the settings).

Youtube downloader in addition to the download manager.

Safari desktop style history flow.

Sounds!

Special customizable web page containing stuff like weather, news feeds, and other widget-type info that can be set as home page.

Be in the exact position as before after reloading a web page.

Icon in the bottom to manage plugins in sbsettings style flipswitch on/off (except in a vertical list).

Airprint capabilities.

Autohide statusbar and tabs while scrolling
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 11-30-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-01-2010)

Thanks

Default req
    biometric time delay safe mode

auto jailbreak plugin for all future ios versions

ryan glasgow and element case plugin for changing metal phone housings

!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-01-2010)

Thanks

Ability to customize the layout, number of icons, and different icons that go in the bottom set of icons.

Same on the arc

21. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-01-2010)

Thanks

Hi SnowLeo,

I think there should be a plugin that enables complete fullscreen mode with nothing but multitouch gestures to navigate and disables all other functions of the app so you can focus on a single web page with no distractions and nothing else until you disable the plugin with another multitouch gesture.
    Thanks, we were thinking that people might need a plugin like this , We are working on this

It also be super awesome if you can implement a user imput where you can draw the letters and it turns it to text if possible.

But a more productive and useful thing to implement uf possible is voice to text within the whole app like android has. Not sure what the possibilities are on that and whether apple would reject that feature but itd be super awesome.
    Apple won't reject this feature on the basis of voice to text conversion, but the fact that we have to tweak webkit to get this pasted in the textbox might be an issue for Apple, anyway we are looking at it .

This probably goes against the whole idea of tabs but itd be kinda cool if there was a plugin that displayed all the open tabs as images where you can easily sort, delete and add new tabs.

Thats another thing.. rearranging the tabs.
    This is something which we want to do too and it will be here in the next update as the update 1.2 has enter quality assurance and we can only add some little tid bits to it without getting on DP-Jabb nerves .

Could you get the normal springboard statusbar to show up like in Perfect Browser instead of the inapp one for those of us that use themed status bars(:
    Already Did, Expect it to be there in version 2.0

So hows that ipad version coming along?
    We would have to say not quite well , we want 360 Browser to be the best in browsing which means it is continuously involving which have stalled iPad version in the design phase.

Instant messengers/facebook messaging in a plugin within the app? Kinda like some of those exstensions for browsers that have that.
    Not sure if facebook has an API for that but will definitely have a look at it

Easy and recognizable multitouch gestures to bring up the arc, plugins, settings, and more (with a nice pretty tutorial as soon as you open the app the first time after its added along with tutorials in the settings).
    Coming up in this update

Youtube downloader in addition to the download manager.
    As pointed our by Stormhunter117 and you , this actually is a rejection criteria for apple... but hey no one can stop you if you want to use ClipConverter plugin on youtube and download the MP4 though you shouldn't

Special customizable web page containing stuff like weather, news feeds, and other widget-type info that can be set as home page.
    Request to make a web page like this forwarded to DP-Exxed .

Be in the exact position as before after reloading a web page.
    Will try to squeeze this too in the update .

Icon in the bottom to manage plugins in sbsettings style flipswitch on/off (except in a vertical list).
    Please elaborate on this

Airprint capabilities.
    Suggestion duly noted down

Autohide statusbar and tabs while scrolling
    Autohiding status bar while scrolling on webview is not possible as there is no way to determine that the user is scrolling a webview or not and since tabs rely on Prodigy engine, to combine then with the webview will make the performance of the browser slower, hence we didn't include this functionality.

Ability to customize the layout, number of icons, and different icons that go in the bottom set of icons.

Same on the arc
    Unfortunately . this also gets pretty impossible for us since unlike other Apps, all our designs are made by us including the buttons and their images [ 6000 in all ], since the Arc contains a major portion of the images, to actually make them customizable causes extra overhead , we might be able to pull of customizable bottom bar though.

@Quaddy : We actually have made all those cool features but we aren't gonna share it

With Best Regards,
    DP-Prodigy
    Last edited by DP-Exxed; 12-01-2010 at 05:38 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (11-30-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Going overboard a little? And, a YouTube downloader will not get approved. MxTube was similarly banned.

Still, I second SnowLeo's second post.
    Last edited by Stormhunter117; 11-30-2010 at 08:12 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-01-2010)

Thanks

Yeah probably and I usually accept the fact that half of what I say will be impossible or wont be added for a long time but whenever I come up with a bundle of ideas to make something like this so much more awesome I just post all my ideas so the dev can consider them and have new options of things they probably wouldnt have thought of so I can help them make the app that much better.

Usually when I give super crazy long requests like this the dev either says thanks and never gets back to me nor considers anything or just doesnt respond.

However since before this app came out Ive been suggesting tons of ideas and the devs of 360 browser take a special effort to write down every suggestion, consider them, provide feedback and usually say most of them will be added or why some are not possible and then... The best part is that they actually add these features and realitively quickly into updates. And that kind of customer service is exactly what makes this app way better an more unique than any other browser out there and I want to make sure it stays that way and further differentiates itself through my suggestions (:

Going overboard a little? And, a YouTube downloader will not get approved. MxTube was similarly banned.

Still, I second SnowLeo's second post.
    True but there are plenty of browsers with general download managers which I think would suffice (:

Seems to be taking a while for the response but perfectly understandable given the amount of suggestions I posted.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 12-01-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

27. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-01-2010)

Thanks

@Snowleo, Quaddy and StormHunter117 : Guys, We are here to assist you and if we manager to keep you happy then it only means we are doing our job well. All your feedback helps us in shaping our next update and enables us to make the 360 Experience even better

@Snowleo : Sorry for the late reply, there is so much going on for this update that we are not getting time to actually do anything at all , but be sure that we will post a reply...

Lastly, all I can say is that we have another major feature addition coming up in version 2.0 which is gonna change the way browser acts forever .

29. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (12-01-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

1.2 is going to be a massive update... This beast of a browser is massive and a memory-hog. Any speed and memory boosts are more important to me than any more features right now.

As for 2.0, the only thing not added (this thing has too many features lol) that I possibly think of are compressing servers (like Opera Mini.)

Quote:
    Request to make a web page like this forwarded to DP-Exxed.
    You are DP-Exxed!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DP-Exxed View Post
    @Snowleo, Quaddy and StormHunter117 : Guys, We are here to assist you and if we manager to keep you happy then it only means we are doing our job well. All your feedback helps us in shaping our next update and enables us to make the 360 Experience even better

@Snowleo : Sorry for the late reply, there is so much going on for this update that we are not getting time to actually do anything at all , but be sure that we will post a reply...

Lastly, all I can say is that we have another major feature addition coming up in version 2.0 which is gonna change the way browser acts forever .
    Perfectly understandable. Glad to hear theres a lot coming in the update and I cant wait to see it. Obviously I dont expect you to add every single feature I listed or in a super fast manner but just consider them suggestions that would make this browser that much more awesome.

But it seems like you have some big plans to completely redefine the web browser (again) without using the suggestions I said and Im glad you guys have some awesome plans and I cant wait for it (:

But if possible could you try to get an ipad version out there at least some time around when you release the 2.0 version?

Also as Stormhunter pointed out as awesome as it is with all the new features with adding of any features you have to continue to make it faster as well as smoother and more fluid to be able to handle all of the new features.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 12-01-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

32. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-02-2010)

Thanks

1.2 is going to be a massive update... This beast of a browser is massive and a memory-hog. Any speed and memory boosts are more important to me than any more features right now.

As for 2.0, the only thing not added (this thing has too many features lol) that I possibly think of are compressing servers (like Opera Mini.)

You are DP-Exxed!
    Naah, I am DP-Prodigy, the account was created by DP-Exxed but we all use it to reply to you guys .

@stormhunter117 : No, its not compression of web pages

@stormhunter117 and Snowleo : We are working on speed and memory boost as well

@Snowleo : But if possible could you try to get an ipad version out there at least some time around when you release the 2.0 version? : We will be working on iPad version of 360 Browser once the version 2.0 is out so hopefully we will be able to bring it out soon

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

34. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

Ins0mniac (12-04-2010)

+ Reply
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast