+ Reply
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Web Browser - iPhone Browsing Redefined

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Ins0mnaic, unless the downloader downloads the files to a server (not your iPhone) you can get them with iPhoneBrowser. You just have to find out where to look. (Unless I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Ins0mnaic, unless the downloader downloads the files to a server (not your iPhone) you can get them with iPhoneBrowser. You just have to find out where to look. (Unless I am completely wrong with my understanding of this thing)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-16-2010), Ins0mniac (12-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! I have to say that the 360 browser is great but what really has me sold is your customer service! Keep up the good work!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aragorn121 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-16-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this browser feature Private Browsing?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhunter117 View Post
    Ins0mnaic, unless the downloader downloads the files to a server (not your iPhone) you can get them with iPhoneBrowser. You just have to find out where to look. (Unless I am completely wrong with my understanding of this thing)
    Thanks Stormhunter. That would make it very useful as I still rely on Safari Download Manager for all my downloading. If 360 browser's new download manager can give me all the same functionality (or at least similar) I'll be very happy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DP-Exxed's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Does this browser feature Private Browsing?
    Hi CaptainChaos,
    360 Web Browser supports Private Browsing and tab specific Private Browsing as well.

Thanks Stormhunter. That would make it very useful as I still rely on Safari Download Manager for all my downloading. If 360 browser's new download manager can give me all the same functionality (or at least similar) I'll be very happy
    Stormhunter pretty much summed it up

With Best Regards,
    DP-Prodigy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (12-19-2010)

Thanks

360 Browser ] 360 will be tagged at $1.99 after version 2.0 launch... Budget calculations were never meant for us .

Also Season's Greetings from the entire Crew to the entire MMi User Base .

Cheers,
    Digital Poke Crew

360 Browser ] Version 2.0 is out, thanks to Apple for a really fast approval. Do give us your feedback about the same.

The Price Change will take effect from 22nd Dec.
    Cheers,
    Digital Poke Crew

360 Web Browser | Download Manager and Firefox Sync for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    Last edited by DP-Exxed; 12-18-2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

Quaddy (12-18-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

two looks great, have just dloaded, havent had chance for much of a play, but so far so good, seems zippier/responsive all round ;-)

edit: just noticed that when in full screen mode the bling theme doesnt show any of the images on the temporary loading bar. which allowed you to stop page loading or go back and forward inbetween loading pages. all my other themes seem to be fine on this. have cleared bundle, rebooted, redownloaded bling bundle etc. still same
    Last edited by Quaddy; 12-18-2010 at 07:41 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-19-2010)

Thanks

Sums up what I think of new update (this was the review I submitted to app store):
    These guys truely amaze me with every update!

This update is an awesome holiday gift because they added everything Ive been asking for and wanting: download manager, desktop sync, and file sharing, not to mention the search suggestion.

Download manager- very easy to use and super sexy. Super easy to use the file manager and love the file sharing if i wanted to download something on my iphone then send it to my computer. Very convient.

Desktop sync is super awesome and Ive been waiting for this for a long time but would love to see safari and chrome desktop sync in the future (:

Gotta love the search suggestions its very sexy and by far the best out there.

Almost forgot the clip converter- just about as good as you can get for viewing a whole bunch of flash sites short of using SkyFires method of having huge servers convert the videos that cost tons of money and get overloaded and never really produce high quality videos like the clip converter does

SPEED- HUGE performance and additional stability added in this update and is easily noticabile and significant making this browser much faster than before despite the fact that there were many awesome features adding.

Again these guys just blow me away with their customer service and dedication to just make the ultimate app out there. Even though this app was obviously much more feature rich, sexy, and convient than any other browser out there before the developers of this app continue to quickly add more and more features and performance to this super awesome browser!

Looking forward to seeing an ipad version and keep up the awesome work to the developers.
    Oh and thats for fixing the issue with browser changer not opening the link if the browser wasnt already open.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-19-2010), Quaddy (12-19-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DP-Exxed View Post
    Hi CaptainChaos,
    360 Web Browser supports Private Browsing and tab specific Private Browsing as well.

Stormhunter pretty much summed it up

With Best Regards,
    DP-Prodigy
    Thank you. I am downloading it now. I will write a review after a couple of days of use.

I cannot access links to iTunes through your browser. When I touch a link that should redirect me to the AppStore it displays this: You need to update your device's software in order to access the iTunes Store.
    Simply sync your device to your computer and click "Check for Update" and then click this iTunes Store link again from your device when syncing is complete.

When I click the same link in Safari, the AppStore opens.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 12-19-2010 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-19-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
    two looks great, have just dloaded, havent had chance for much of a play, but so far so good, seems zippier/responsive all round ;-)

edit: just noticed that when in full screen mode the bling theme doesnt show any of the images on the temporary loading bar. which allowed you to stop page loading or go back and forward inbetween loading pages. all my other themes seem to be fine on this. have cleared bundle, rebooted, redownloaded bling bundle etc. still same
    Hi Quaddy,
    Thanks for the feedback and bringing to our notice about the Bling temp. loading bar. The Clearing bundle option will work once we have updated the bundle and want you guys to re-download it or if it would have failed to download correctly [ which is a long shot since we have taken various counters for the later ]. So, all in all, we are working on the rebuilding bling bundle. You will have to clear and re-download your theme bundle once we have updated it [ 24-48 hours ].

@SnowLeo : A big thanks from us for writing such an awesome review <3 it

@CaptainChaos : Thanks for trying out our App, do tell us your feedback about the same. We are looking into opening this itunes issue and will update you if we are able to pinpoint the problem .

Lastly @SnowLeo, @Quaddy, @Stormhunter : Would you guys like to take part in our sneak preview of 360 Browser for all the upcoming updates. If so, please send us a pm with your UUID and we will include you guys in all our sneak previews.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (12-22-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sure thing, would love to - PM sent

Lastly @SnowLeo, @Quaddy, @Stormhunter : Would you guys like to take part in our sneak preview of 360 Browser for all the upcoming updates. If so, please send us a pm with your UUID and we will include you guys in all our sneak previews.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Green Apple
    Thanks

Uhhh... Whats a UUID? lol I have no idea. But yes.

EDIT:: Thanks to the omnipresent Google, I have found out what a UUID is. PM on the way.
    Last edited by Stormhunter117; 12-19-2010 at 04:54 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormhunter117 For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-20-2010)

Thanks

What are people's thoughts on the Firefox sync feature? I use Chrome so I'd much prefer a chrome plugin, but all the same it's great to see some kind of bookmark sync feature. So I imported my Chrome bookmarks to Firefox then synced just fine, but I can't seem to get my bookmarks showing up under my 360 bookmark section. The only way to access them is to press the firefox sync button, then access them through there. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Bit disappointed if it is.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ins0mniac For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-20-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mniac View Post
    What are people's thoughts on the Firefox sync feature? I use Chrome so I'd much prefer a chrome plugin, but all the same it's great to see some kind of bookmark sync feature. So I imported my Chrome bookmarks to Firefox then synced just fine, but I can't seem to get my bookmarks showing up under my 360 bookmark section. The only way to access them is to press the firefox sync button, then access them through there. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Bit disappointed if it is.
    Hi Insomniac, just long tap on the bookmarks of Firefox Sync and select Import All / Import Folder / Import This to import the relevant bookmarks.

You can also long Tap on Tabs of Firefox Sync and open all the tabs of your desktop at once.

@Quaddy and Stormhunter : Thanks guys

@Stormhunter : The 2.1 update of 360 Browser will definitely be bundled with your long requested integration ... don't embarrass us further this Christmas

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DP-Exxed For This Useful Post:

Ins0mniac (12-20-2010), Stormhunter117 (12-21-2010)

Thanks

Hi Insomniac, just long tap on the bookmarks of Firefox Sync and select Import All / Import Folder / Import This to import the relevant bookmarks.

You can also long Tap on Tabs of Firefox Sync and open all the tabs of your desktop at once.
    Thanks for the info. I thought I must be missing something. Importing now

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ins0mniac For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-21-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just downloaded the 360 browser a few days ago and I'm still amazed.
    The browser both looks and performs great. VERY solid work, and your customer service is in a class of it's own. Two thumbs up from me!
    Requests:

#1. Is it possible to implement multi-touch for the arcs?
    Example: With 360 arc style set to "drag" in settings, one could use the right thumb to bring up the arc from the lower right corner, and with the left thumb (still pressing the right thumb down) you could hit the buttons in the arc. Releasing the right thumb would dismiss/hide the arc, like normal.

#2. I'd love to see a button in the arc called "Share" (f.ex).
    Hitting this button would reveal more buttons (like you've done with "navigate tabs" in fullscreen) to give you options to share a page/url (or selected text, if you have any text highlighted) via Facebook, Twitter or e-mail.
    I'm aware that I could do this via the plugins, but I would very much prefer this method.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
    my one suggestion would be for hyperscroll, relative to the size of the screen, its quite large to have that bar and slider all the time, i know on some devices, ipad? ( i forget which device this is on )the scroller is invisible, until you either start scrolling or go over to the right hand side and press and then it shows up almost transparently, but enough for you to see it, a lot more unobtrusive, that way you could have hyperscroll permanantly activated, and not have to see the slider till you activate it by pressing at the very right margin, then it will show itself for ~5 seconds and will remain if used, and auto hide again if not active, something like that
    ^^ This would be GREAT.

Keep up the good work; I'll make sure to tell all my friends about this awesome browser!

Thanks

Hi Guys,
    360 Browser has been just updated to 2.0.1 to enable users on 3G to download the app too ... Requesting all to review us again if it's not much of a hassle [ since we don't want to miss out the awesome reviews ].

Cheers,
    Digital Poke Crew

Green Apple
    Thanks

Damn I refreshed my update window and saw 2.0.1 of the browser and I got all excited. Then I realized that 2.1 was what I was hoping for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoulFear View Post
    Example: With 360 arc style set to "drag" in settings, one could use the right thumb to bring up the arc from the lower right corner, and with the left thumb (still pressing the right thumb down) you could hit the buttons in the arc. Releasing the right thumb would dismiss/hide the arc, like normal.
    Excellent idea. That would make access a lot quicker. Can we have this please DP?

Do you think a 'three finger tap to hide arc buttons' option (to give you true full-screen) would be something you guys would consider implementing in the next update?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Ins0mniac For This Useful Post:

DP-Exxed (12-22-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhunter117 View Post
    Damn I refreshed my update window and saw 2.0.1 of the browser and I got all excited. Then I realized that 2.1 was what I was hoping for.
    LOL, to be very honest, we were also not very sure about Apple providing us with a review so fast after 2.0 but they really really surprised us .

@SoulFear : Thanks for the appreciation, love it xD

We are testing out the possibilities of implementing this as this is an amazing suggestion. Will post about its feasibility once we complete our tests.

#2. I'd love to see a button in the arc called "Share" (f.ex).
    Hitting this button would reveal more buttons (like you've done with "navigate tabs" in fullscreen) to give you options to share a page/url (or selected text, if you have any text highlighted) via Facebook, Twitter or e-mail.
    I'm aware that I could do this via the plugins, but I would very much prefer this method.
    This is coming real soon and in style

@Ins0mniac : We are working on SoulFear request and will soon share with you guys about its feasibility report.

Do you think a 'three finger tap to hide arc buttons' option (to give you true full-screen) would be something you guys would consider implementing in the next update?
    We will be implementing this in the next update for sure. We wanted to implement this in 2.0 but ran out of time ... however, this will definitely be available in the upcoming 2.1 update.

@SnowLeo, provide us with your UUID please and repost that awesome review of your on itunes again if you can.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
    From DP-Prodigy as well as the Entire Poke Crew