Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDiscrete JB

Default iDiscrete JB
    So I bought this app off rock before it was shut down. I need to reinstall it. My problem is it's not in cydia! Anyone know how I can get it? Or am I SOL?

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

Hahah i think your stuffed
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post
    So I bought this app off rock before it was shut down. I need to reinstall it. My problem is it's not in cydia! Anyone know how I can get it? Or am I SOL?

I need to reinstall too. Started crashing on me. Anybody know anything else? I thought all rock apps were supposed to be transferred to cydia?!

Default Same Problem
    If you Find out how to get the apps back can you message me.

I just received an email from iDescrete that said the transition from Rock to Cydia has not gone as smoothly as expected and they're hoping to have it out soon. I guess we'll have to wait and see if there's any truth to that.

I'm the dev coding the 1.3 update to iDiscrete... Don't worry, we're almost done. The transition from Rock to Cydia came literally the week of finishing the updated App Store version, and the old version was just too tightly tied to Rock to rip out that code and replace it.

Also, we've had to handle the whole issue with kid gloves, because the old Rock version was rigged to delete your library when you uninstalled it. Since we're changing the bundle ID for the Cydia release, that would have tripped the library-deletion routine. However, after extensive testing (since the Rock version doesn't even work for me anymore), we've come up with an upgrade path that will avoid users of the old version losing their stuff.

I'm also happy to announce that iDiscrete JB will be the first ever jailbreak app to support iTunes File Sharing (and yes, your app hiding settings carry over into the iTunes app list). And, finally, the resolution restrictions of the old iDiscrete code (which were required because of some buggy third-party code, which caused massive memory leakage) have been completely removed, so you can go ahead and load that set of 1080p wallpapers you've been wanting to but couldn't.

The App Hiding is better than ever, with every visual detail of the apps you're hiding replicated (except, for an obscure reason, hiding as the Camera app doesn't hide the status bar), and you can even load custom screenshots!

(Load the non-retina screenshot under /Applications/iDiscreteJB.app/CustomScreens/screen.MyCustomAppNameHere.png, and/or the retina screenshot as /Applications/iDiscreteJB.app/CustomScreens/[email protected], and then launch the app and change its name to MyCustomAppNameHere. Voila!)

EDIT: Remember to chop off the status bar. It's the top 20px of non-retina screenshots, and the top 40px of retina ones.

Anyhow, we're in the final stages of testing, and I predict a release of the 1.3 version here on modmyi within a week. It's taken a while, but it's not just a transition, it's an upgrade. And according to the People In The Know, the purchase info has already been migrated, so the upgrade is free for all existing customers.
    Last edited by MrNerdHair; 10-19-2010 at 10:28 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrNerdHair For This Useful Post:

Satimal (10-31-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by MrNerdHair View Post
    I'm the dev coding the 1.3 update to iDiscrete... Don't worry, we're almost done. The transition from Rock to Cydia came literally the week of finishing the updated App Store version, and the old version was just too tightly tied to Rock to rip out that code and replace it.

Also, we've had to handle the whole issue with kid gloves, because the old Rock version was rigged to delete your library when you uninstalled it. Since we're changing the bundle ID for the Cydia release, that would have tripped the library-deletion routine. However, after extensive testing (since the Rock version doesn't even work for me anymore), we've come up with an upgrade path that will avoid users of the old version losing their stuff.

I'm also happy to announce that iDiscrete JB will be the first ever jailbreak app to support iTunes File Sharing (and yes, your app hiding settings carry over into the iTunes app list). And, finally, the resolution restrictions of the old iDiscrete code (which were required because of some buggy third-party code, which caused massive memory leakage) have been completely removed, so you can go ahead and load that set of 1080p wallpapers you've been wanting to but couldn't.

The App Hiding is better than ever, with every visual detail of the apps you're hiding replicated (except, for an obscure reason, hiding as the Camera app doesn't hide the status bar), and you can even load custom screenshots!

(Load the non-retina screenshot under /Applications/iDiscreteJB.app/CustomScreens/screen.MyCustomAppNameHere.png, and/or the retina screenshot as /Applications/iDiscreteJB.app/CustomScreens/[email protected], and then launch the app and change its name to MyCustomAppNameHere. Voila!)

EDIT: Remember to chop off the status bar. It's the top 20px of non-retina screenshots, and the top 40px of retina ones.

Anyhow, we're in the final stages of testing, and I predict a release of the 1.3 version here on modmyi within a week. It's taken a while, but it's not just a transition, it's an upgrade. And according to the People In The Know, the purchase info has already been migrated, so the upgrade is free for all existing customers.

You sound like you know what you are talking about but you still have to prove it. How do we know you are not just some user on MMI that thinks he/she knows something but they don't know anything at all?

Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    You sound like you know what you are talking about but you still have to prove it. How do we know you are not just some user on MMI that thinks he/she knows something but they don't know anything at all?
    Um... because I wrote the code. I'd have to be pretty delusional to think I spent months on a project that was all in my head.

It's been submitted to ModMyI already. Should be out any day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post

Wow. You think that a person would be so bored as to create a whole detailed write up containing relevant coding information and details just to screw with you? This guy obviously knows what he's talking about..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dotFIVE For This Useful Post:

Aldog18 (10-26-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by MrNerdHair View Post
    It's been submitted to ModMyI already. Should be out any day.
    It's not out yet, can we have a update please??

Default Agreed...
    I've been waiting for several weeks, and would appreciate an update.

Now on cydia but I get a 'size mismatch' error when I try to install. Does anyone else get this error?

Hey I get the same problem. Anyone got A fix or a .deb file?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

yea i got the same problem would like to get this anybody got any ideas.

Just tried again and it worked!! Don't know what I did differently this time.

There were a bunch of problems getting this release pushed out, mostly because of Saurik having to approve it as a "new" entry into the Cydia store, and the death of the Modmyi guy's son. However, we finally got everything fixed last night.

We're soliciting any bug reports for the upcoming 1.3.2 version. Please, bang on it till it breaks and send us a report!