+ Reply
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [iOS 4] Notifier/StatusNotifier Fix

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/68pirb
    Thanks

Default [iOS 4] Notifier/StatusNotifier Fix

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (07-05-2010), chrislouter (10-25-2010), decke (07-15-2010), dtmars (07-04-2010), eeetripl (08-25-2010), johndoe25 (09-14-2010), octron2008 (08-25-2010), SevenThirteen (08-04-2010), soundisgood (10-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i've install this on my 3gs ios4,
    but the silent icon and reminder sound is not working,
    also in the reminder app, when i touch work interval, the app will jump out to springboard.

its great app, but it would be perfect if the reminder sound is working.

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed this and it when my device rebooted, it simply wouldn't stop rebooting. Every time it was about to show the keypad so I could unlock it the screen would go off then it would reboot again. I'm currently restoring my phone because of it. Not sure what caused it, must've just been installed improperly or something...

If it's relevant at all to the dev, I'm on a 3G, running iOS4 (obviously) jailbroken with PwnageTool.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

I have a huge problem! After I installed the Status Notifier Fix my iPhone crashed again and again. What is the problem.

Notifier and IntelliStatusBarIcons have been installed and my iPhone needed a respring. In this respring my iPhone crashed and I must reboot my iPhone. Now the problem. My iPhone reboot and crash in this phase. I can see the respring symbol on the reboot-apple symbol. After the crash, my iPhone reboot again. This is an endless procedure.

Based on the fact that I cannot enter cydia to deinstall Notifier and IntelliStatusBarIcons etc. I need help urgently. I need a way to deinstall Notifier etc. manually via WINSCP or something else.

Is there someone to help me?

thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mac0815 View Post
    Hi,

I have a huge problem! After I installed the Status Notifier Fix my iPhone crashed again and again. What is the problem.

Notifier and IntelliStatusBarIcons have been installed and my iPhone needed a respring. In this respring my iPhone crashed and I must reboot my iPhone. Now the problem. My iPhone reboot and crash in this phase. I can see the respring symbol on the reboot-apple symbol. After the crash, my iPhone reboot again. This is an endless procedure.

Based on the fact that I cannot enter cydia to deinstall Notifier and IntelliStatusBarIcons etc. I need help urgently. I need a way to deinstall Notifier etc. manually via WINSCP or something else.

Is there someone to help me?

thanks in advance
    I am having the exact same problem. I have WinSCP/iPhoneBrowser access at the Apple Logo, but cannot get further than that.
    Can we get some instructions on how to remove this without having to fully restore?

EDIT/UPDATE: This is the only way I can get my phone to boot right now: Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Boot Logo Every Reboot | iPhone 3G S

My themes, 5 icon, etc. (anything that uses mobile substrate, etc.) is not working.
    Last edited by xxdobermanxx; 07-05-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works for me on 3GS...only problem is silent icon not working...also I have a question...I like the statusnotifier icons better, I want to use those icon without using winterboard...can somebody tell me how to do it with ssh or iphonebrowser?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mesallem View Post
    Works for me on 3GS...only problem is silent icon not working...also I have a question...I like the statusnotifier icons better, I want to use those icon without using winterboard...can somebody tell me how to do it with ssh or iphonebrowser?
    Read my whole post. You can use SSH or iPhoneExplorer to copy all the files from "/Library/Themes/[iOS 4] StatusNotifier icons for Notifier or whatever it's called/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/" into the folder "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/"

To everyone else, I am very sorry this fix is "breaking" some of your iPhones. All my package does is install 2 other packages, uninstalls a broken one, and installs a Winterboard theme. If you can get your iPhones on and out of safe mode, try using SBSettings' MobileSubstrate extension toggles to determine whether it is Notifier or IntelliStatusBarIcons causing the crash. (I would guess it was Intelliborn's package.)

Once again, I apologize, however the package is working fine on my phone. Also; PLEASE read my whole post before replying/tweeting/emailing me. I must have gotten 10+ people yesterday "reporting" the silent icon bug.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
    Seeing how we can't run anything related to mobile substrate, winterboard, sbs, etc....can you tell me how to manually remove (via SSH) Intelliborn's packages so I can re-enable mobile substrate?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxdobermanxx View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Seeing how we can't run anything related to mobile substrate, winterboard, sbs, etc....can you tell me how to manually remove (via SSH) Intelliborn's packages so I can re-enable mobile substrate?
    Once again, read CAREFULLY. MobileSubstrate is only disabled in apps that run under user root like Cydia and iFile. You can just go into Cydia and uninstall IntelliStatusBarIcons. Keep in mind, though, that to completely remove it, you have to uninstall Notifier, too, and my Status Notifier Fix just for good measure.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

xxdobermanxx (07-05-2010)

Thanks

Thanks..I ended up having to uninstall Notifier, that seemed to do the trick for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I missed my notifier badly. Thank you for setting up the fix.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DanTheManMS's Avatar
    Thanks

For those who can't manage to get far enough into the phone to run Cydia and uninstall this, remember that you can manually install or uninstall packages with the "dpkg" command. If you use something like PuTTY to log in to the phone, type "su" and enter your root password, and type "dpkg -r packagename" it will uninstall the package. However, I don't know the exact package name you would need to use in this case.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlis View Post
    I installed this and it when my device rebooted, it simply wouldn't stop rebooting. Every time it was about to show the keypad so I could unlock it the screen would go off then it would reboot again. I'm currently restoring my phone because of it. Not sure what caused it, must've just been installed improperly or something...

If it's relevant at all to the dev, I'm on a 3G, running iOS4 (obviously) jailbroken with PwnageTool.
    Unfortunately, me too... Can someone pls post a step by step or a link to uninstall the app using terminal on mac.. Thanks.

Was able to fix my phone by using an iphone browser (Phoneview). Went to Library/Mobile Substrate/Dynamic Libraries and removed notifier.plist and notifier.dylib also removed IntellistatusIconsview.dylib and plist.
    Last edited by witchmd; 07-05-2010 at 07:14 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I get this message while i try to install the Status notifier fix " The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed." I have no idea what this is and i kindly ask any one for some help please. I have an iphone 3g jailbroken runing on 4.0

Thanks
    Thanked 15,169 Times in 6,967 Posts

It usually means some of the downloads required for this to work are not available at the moment, most likely from a repos server being down. Try again later and it may work then.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neo03 View Post
    I get this message while i try to install the Status notifier fix " The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed." I have no idea what this is and i kindly ask any one for some help please. I have an iphone 3g jailbroken runing on 4.0
    Guys, please read my whole post, especially the update at the bottom. Intelliborn retired their short-lived IntelliStatusBarIcons library which "bridged" 3.x status icon support into 4.0 because @phoenix3200, the developer behind Music Controls and Resupported, has released a superior library. The reason you are getting that error is because my package depends on "com.intelli.statusbaricons," which is no longer in Cydia. I have submitted an update to ModMyI that will remove this package if installed, and replace it with "libstatusbar." you can just go and install it in cydia right now along with "notifier," but you'll have to change your user filter to "developer" in the Manage tab to see it.

You don't need my package to fix status notifier; all mine does is automatically installs the correct ones that DO fix it.

Forgot to mention--if you don't want to do it manually you can just wait until Kyle updates the repo (should be a few hours)
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 07-07-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In case anyone was curious, libstatusbar + StatusNotifier 0.2.11-1 (from SOSiphone repo) makes your springboard crash until you remove SN, and makes WB (and probably other things) not function until you remove it as well.

This was after I tried the libstatusbar + Notifier solution, which, while it didn't crash anything, also didn't give me any status bar icons either, and made some of the bar behind my battery and percentage flash like a strobe (and no, it wasn't the Flashlight app, haven't used that in weeks).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had this problem only after i downloaded Seraphan LockScreen. It then cause my phone to go on SAFE MODE. I tried everything till i uninstalled Status Notifier as this package automatically installs Status Notifier and removes your existing Status Notifier Fix. My phone was working with Status Notifier fix without any problem before this. Once i unistalled the Status Notifier the safe mode problem was solved,i uninstalled the Seraphan lockscreen too. After that i went to install the Status Notifier Fix and i got this message " The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed." I hope some sort of rectification is done so i can use SN again. BTW where can i download Libstatusbar i cant find it anywhere on cydia.
    Last edited by neo03; 07-08-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Thanks

BTW where can i download Libstatusbar i cant find it anywhere on cydia.
    If you're on your iPhone, just tap this link. Otherwise, open Cydia, tap Manage, tap Settings, and tap Developer. It should then appear in the Search results when you search for it.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

Captain Skyhawk (07-08-2010), neo03 (07-08-2010)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast