+ Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [iOS 4] Notifier/StatusNotifier Fix

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by iphonejlr So does anyone have notifier working with iphone 4 ? I installed and uninstall everything and all I get is no status icons and "Reminder" crashes
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejlr View Post
    So does anyone have notifier working with iphone 4 ? I installed and uninstall everything and all I get is no status icons and "Reminder" crashes when I start it.

-J
    Please open Safari on your iPhone and go to http://tinyurl.com/notifier4 to install. Works perfectly on my iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Please open Safari on your iPhone and go to http://tinyurl.com/notifier4 to install. Works perfectly on my iPhone 4.
    So even the audio reminder works for you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scsi View Post
    So even the audio reminder works for you?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "audio." All of the sounds still work for me--email, text, IM, etc. I have only used StatusNotifier/Notifier for the status bar icons.

Thanks
    I'm not sure what you mean by "audio." All of the sounds still work for me--email, text, IM, etc. I have only used StatusNotifier/Notifier for the status bar icons.
    A big part of Notifier is repeating audio alerts, meaning, you can set it to play a sound every few minutes (customizable) if you have a missed call, unread email, etc...

And people are saying that this doesn't work. So I wouldn't say that it runs "perfectly" unfortunately. =/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scsi View Post
    A big part of Notifier is repeating audio alerts, meaning, you can set it to play a sound every few minutes (customizable) if you have a missed call, unread email, etc...
    I was unaware of this feature as I have never used it. I know that feature is now built-in for SMS, but not for other notifications. Thank you for letting me know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default tried that....
    nope, tried that... reminder crashes and no icons on the status bar ...

i have verified winterboard, notifier and notifier fix is installed, I even uninstall them.

something is conflicting and I cant find what.....

hmmmmmmm

Thanks

Now that I'm learning a good bit about iPhone development, I am seriously considering writing a brand-new Notifier for iOS 4 eventually. I am very busy working on Nearby right now, so it might not be for a while, but it is my next goal.

nope, tried that... reminder crashes and no icons on the status bar ...

i have verified winterboard, notifier and notifier fix is installed, I even uninstall them.

something is conflicting and I cant find what.....

hmmmmmmm
    May be IntelliStatusBarIcons. You may not even realize it is installed. Also, make sure you have libstatusbar installed. You'll need to go into Cydia > Manage > Settings > Developer (no filters) in order to see it in Cydia at all. That MUST be installed.
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 08-03-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 4 and notifier
    Now that I'm learning a good bit about iPhone development, I am seriously considering writing a brand-new Notifier for iOS 4 eventually. I am very busy working on Nearby right now, so it might not be for a while, but it is my next goal.

May be IntelliStatusBarIcons. You may not even realize it is installed. Also, make sure you have libstatusbar installed. You'll need to go into Cydia > Manage > Settings > Developer (no filters) in order to see it in Cydia at all. That MUST be installed.

well.... I read some place else that the IntelliStatusBarIcons could cause issues so I again checked and its not installed.

what IS installed is ...

Notifier 3-1.2
    winterboard
    libstatusbar

Correct me if I'm wrong ,but status fix is suppose to delete the Intell libs that didnt work and install the libstatusbar

in a manual setup, what packages are actually needed?
    Last edited by iphonejlr; 08-03-2010 at 02:11 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How did you test that the sounds work? When you're within the program and you select what audio file you would like to use, that works. However, the ability for the software to play that audio during an actual alert doesn't work.

I have already downgraded to 3.1.3, too much of a risk for me to not have repeat alerts with work. I'll patiently wait for someone to fix it. Hell, I'll donate $20 if someone gets it fixed within the next week. IOS4 was neat.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So does anyone have notifier working with iphone 4 ? I installed and uninstall everything and all I get is no status icons and "Reminder" crashes when I start it.

-J
    Intelliscreen has what they call IntelliAlert in it's app. It seems to work but you must purchase Intelliscreen to use it.

I like LockIinfo and would use the notifier with it. Since I can't get it to work I now use Intelliscreen and nixed the Lockinfo.
    Last edited by tdamocles; 08-03-2010 at 04:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default confused
    Quote Originally Posted by tdamocles View Post
    Intelliscreen has what they call IntelliAlert in it's app. It seems to work but you must purchase Intelliscreen to use it.

I like LockIinfo and would use the notifier with it. Since I can't get it to work I now use Intelliscreen and nixed the Lockinfo.

Yah I am just trying to get notifier to work period. Seems I am missing something as I have been over it a few hundreds times and the Reminder app just crashes.

Seems like people are saying it just works ,but I cant figure out what different or missing in my setup.
    Last edited by iphonejlr; 08-03-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sorry, I almost sidetracked this discussion. I was saying that there is a separate app which is named Intelliscreen which also has missed call/sms/email alerts.
    Last edited by tdamocles; 08-06-2010 at 04:08 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh sure, any info can help solve a question.

So anyone have any ideas on getting notifier working?

what does notifier relay on to work?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How do I get rid of this icon?

I found it has something to do with NotifiedApp, but, I have uninstalled it and am still seeing that icon when I get a notification.

Notice its gone when I open Cydia:

Last edited by Mystikal; 08-06-2010 at 02:00 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

^ That little "clock" icon means you have an Alarm set in the default iPhone clock app. Check there.
    kwickone I.T.H.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I still cant seem to get the Notifier running.

as I said I have iphone 4, ios4 and I have the packages

Notifier
    libstatusbar
    winterboard

installed, plus the standard base stuff....

Cant figure out why Reminder.app crashes and returns to springboard after starting.

I checked the file permissions on all the files just for fun and they match other JB apps?

so am I missing a package that was not mentioned here?

how about the plist which holds the reminder info? that seems to be ok in the preferences folder under user?

any tips or ideas would be great to compare with someone else.

-j

well... if others say its working then it should work right?

well.. after some digging around in the the file system on the phone....

I found that the plist file in the Reminder.app folder was different then the one in the preferences folder under User

com.iDevBrTeam.Reminder.plist

so a quick copy later and now Reminder app opens up!

and Icon's appear on the status bar !

so now something about the audio not working on repeats?

who has the source code for this puppy? lets start debugging

-J
    Last edited by iphonejlr; 08-04-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    How do I get rid of this icon?

I found it has something to do with NotifiedApp, but, I have uninstalled it and am still seeing that icon when I get a notification.

Notice its gone when I open Cydia:

I'm not familiar with the app but I believe that is the RSS notification. Is there an option to turn that off?

Thanks

iOS 4 changed the way apps set status bar icons. Because of this, most apps in Cydia that set status bar icons were broken, including both the popular StatusNotifier and Notifier extensions. However, a new package from Intelliborn for status bar icon support has been released that can fix some compatibility. While StatusNotifier is completely broken and causes Safe Mode, Notifier works pretty well with this support package.

n00neimp0rtant or anyone else can share the status icons from the pics above?

I still cant seem to get the Notifier running.

as I said I have iphone 4, ios4 and I have the packages

Notifier
    libstatusbar
    winterboard

-J
    I can verified that Notifier works with iP4 with the packages above.
    Last edited by rubenmer5; 08-04-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenmer5 View Post

I can verified that Notifier works with iP4 with the packages above.
    Even the sound reminders(missed call/sms/email)?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jinxremoving View Post
    How did you test that the sounds work? When you're within the program and you select what audio file you would like to use, that works. However, the ability for the software to play that audio during an actual alert doesn't work.

I have already downgraded to 3.1.3, too much of a risk for me to not have repeat alerts with work. I'll patiently wait for someone to fix it. Hell, I'll donate $20 if someone gets it fixed within the next week. IOS4 was neat.
    I am in the same boat with Notifier - Reminder. I really did not use the status bar notification items as much as I did the sound notifications of missled calls, voice mail messages, SMS, and IM. I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0.1 yesterday, and just now realized that the newly installed Notifier no longer notifies me of missed anything with sound notifications. So, I went ahead and uninstalled Notifier, but I have just found another Cydia app, called MobileLog 4.0. It is not as comprehensive as Notifier when it comes to sound notifications. It only notifies of missed calls and SMS messages. It doesn't seem to notify of missed voice mails, SMS or IMS. Also, you can set up the time range during which you will be notified (eg. 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.), and the time interval (1 min, 5 min, etc), but it does not allow you to specify how many notifications you want before the notifications discontunue like Notifier does. However, MobileLog 4.0 has some other feature that Notifier does not. Namely, it allows you to manage you phone log (missed calls, placed calls, received calls) better by grouping calls from/to the same phone number together, letting you delete some of the logged calls, export the call log, and do some other neat things. MobileLog 4.0 costs $9.99, but you get a 6-day trial version when you install it. It's rather expensive for what it does, but I cannot live without having sound notifications of missed calls. I would also love to have sound notifications of missed voice mails, but it's better to be notified of missed calls than not being notified at all. I cannot understand why Apple refuses to integrate sound notifications of missed calls, voice mails, SMS, etc into iOS. It just makes no sense.

If I were you I would give iOS 4.0.1 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com another chance. The only jailbroken apps I was using while on iOS 3.1.3 were SBSettings (with several toggles), PDANet, Notifier, Backrounder, and ProSwitcher. Now that I am on iOS 4.0.1, I am using SBSettings with the same toggles, PDANet and MobileLog 4. Because iOS has built in multitasking and application switching, I no longer need Backgrounder or ProSwitcher. I am pretty happy with my iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0.1 - the performance seems to have improved, and I have a jailbroken as well as unlocked GSM phone now that I can take with me on overseas trips.
    Last edited by sirozha; 08-05-2010 at 09:49 AM.