Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BackBoard - Smart Theme Installer

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    I don't think either is like that at all. Previews are used to generate user interest and gauge if it's worthwhile to undertake the task of creating the app. We, the "i can't wait, are we there yet, are we there yet?" users then flood the threads with requests before the project is complete. Most times, while coding you run into glitches that are not easy to solve, and add to that these folks have a "real life" outside of modding forums, which includes secular work / school and family. So... "are we there yet?"
    Is it that hard to take 5 minutes out of a month to say "hey guys, things are coming along, just letting you know I'm still working"... or "no more alphas will be sent out, so don't donate if its only to receive an alpha"...cudo's to wynd for his previous work, but he hasn't said 1 word in a month now... I'm an engineer, and understand how difficult it is to estimate a new project, so I'm not a "are we there yet?" or "give us a date" person...but its nice to hear someone is still working on it...

Backboard updated for 4.0/4.0.1, now backs up folders and works on iPhone 4. 3.x support will continue however if the backup is created on 3.x it will only work on 3.x and if it is created on 4.0 then it will only work on 4.0.

Beta testing will begin in a few days. Beta's will include the following changes:
    -List based UI (temporary)
    -Auto updates
    -Ability to create your own backups
    -No longer requires a restore for use

I have to go through 6000+ emails now looking for backboard related ones, so it could take a while...

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wyndwarrior For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-09-2010), Raaj FX was banned (02-14-2011), silen7scope (08-17-2010), SnowLeo (08-07-2010)

Awesome!! ive been waiting so long for this mod!! Cant wait for beta. just wondering but if you backup one theme then go to another theme and download an app then go back to the original theme will the app just go to the end or somewhere else?

Any ipad support planned...not that there are many ipad themes out there with difficult setup.. Yet.

Finally no restore needed! When its beta can you please send me an email at [email protected]. Thanks so much for this super awesome highly anticipated mod.

Can you backup settings with the themes too like different activator settings and such?

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice to see your still working on this great app. Been so quiet I thought you quit it.

Beta Emails have been sent. If you missed it, grab a copy of the beta here:

http://backboard.isgreat.org/info/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wyndwarrior For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-12-2010)

Just received the email, added the repo to Cydia downloaded but when I try to launch Backboard it just crashed. Why would that be? Need help

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    Just received the email, added the repo to Cydia downloaded but when I try to launch Backboard it just crashed. Why would that be? Need help

Thanks in advance
    Are you on 3.x?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lbroskee's Avatar
    Thanks

same here. instant crash

Quote Originally Posted by wyndwarrior View Post
    Are you on 3.x?
    3Gs 4.0 my friend

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    3Gs 4.0 my friend
    Interesting, I just did a full 4.0 restore and it worked fine.

Can you try installing it through the deb?

repo not working cant add the source
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by wyndwarrior View Post
    Interesting, I just did a full 4.0 restore and it worked fine.

Can you try installing it through the deb?
    Downloaded deb, I know it's in my downloads but where do I navigate to install it.

Thanks in advance

Wynnd you are god! Thanks so much man I cant wait to try this out and finally not have to choose between awesome themes. Now I just have to figure out how to organize my 450 apps... (:

3 questions-
    -you said in the email that you cant use a 4.x backup on 3.x but can you use a 3.x backupon 4.x
    -is ipad support planned or would it currently work on ipad? (not that there are too many complete ipad themes... or any SB widgets.)
    -for themes that use autocreates would I still need to run iwipecache to clear the cache after changing themes?
    -are all settings stored or just things like iconoclasm layouts?
    -when you get in later development stages and put the previews and the UI where will it get the images for the previews?
    -do you need to turn off the themes in winterboard first or does it do thar for you?
    -does it work with bosspaper? (does bosspaper work on 4.x?)
    sorry that was way more than 3 questions but I just kept thinging of more.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lbroskee's Avatar
    Thanks

deb crashes also

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Wynnd you are god! Thanks so much man I cant wait to try this out and finally not have to choose between awesome themes. Now I just have to figure out how to organize my 450 apps... (:

3 questions-
    -you said in the email that you cant use a 4.x backup on 3.x but can you use a 3.x backupon 4.x
    -is ipad support planned or would it currently work on ipad? (not that there are too many complete ipad themes... or any SB widgets.)
    -for themes that use autocreates would I still need to run iwipecache to clear the cache after changing themes?
    -are all settings stored or just things like iconoclasm layouts?
    -when you get in later development stages and put the previews and the UI where will it get the images for the previews?
    -do you need to turn off the themes in winterboard first or does it do thar for you?
    -does it work with bosspaper? (does bosspaper work on 4.x?)
    sorry that was way more than 3 questions but I just kept thinging of more.
    1. Don't think so, could be possible though
    2. I don't have an iPad, but once 4.0 for iPad has been released, the system files should be the same as the iPhone
    3. No
    4. By default all settings, but I will add options as to which settings the user wishes to back up.
    5. Backboard can take screenshots
    6. Hmm?
    7. It should, if it is comparable with 4.0

An update has also been pushed on to the repo fixing the crash issue (although I cannot be sure since it never crashed on me). Go to the changes section in Cydia and press the refresh button!

If you want to manually install the deb, the link is here: http://backboard.isgreat.org/BackBoardBeta-0.1.1.deb (right click, save target as)

If you cannot add the repo then make sure you typed it correctly! The repository uses .org instead of .com!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wyndwarrior For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-12-2010), SnowLeo (08-11-2010)

After installing it deletes my webapps and prevents me from installing new ones.
    Tried uninstalling the app and it's dependencies and the problem still persists.

EDIT: Well turns out when I made a backup of the default iPhone theme, it messed up the permissions of my webclip folders. Just hoping it didn't ruin the permissions of any more of my folders.
    Last edited by beepFTW; 08-11-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Found the fix..

Thanks for answering all my questions I tried it out 3gs 3.1.3 (greatly dipise of iOS 4 bullcrap and battery waste) no crashing and works great but I think there should be a way of knowing when its actually respringing. Inapp instructions would be nice too

got it! I just removed the repo then re-installed it and it worked. Awesome, makes installing themes easier 1 question though when I applied my theme, my blank icons were gone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shmi117's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn, you didn't send my the .deb in my email!!! Oh well, I'll install from the repo.

It is deleting the blank icons.. I have 4 four themes that I installed that uses blank icons. When I switch between them it goes back to the old OS3 layout.

it is working perfectly with springjumps-it is saving the layout.

Will your theme Wyndows 7 work with backboard? I have always wanted to use that.
    Last edited by mujuro; 08-14-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast