Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BackBoard - Smart Theme Installer

can i make backups, SSH into my device save them to my computer rejailbrake then put them back in and restore to them via backboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0M0D View Post
    can i make backups, SSH into my device save them to my computer rejailbrake then put them back in and restore to them via backboard?
    In theory it should be possible, and I am in the process of doing it in a week.

it didnt work

So I dont have appbackup or anything like that and was wondering how I can "clean up" the backups. Ive deleted old themes I will no longer use, from the app itself, but do I need to go into ifile and find any archives or backups to delete? This morning I updated all the themes that I use, specifically for cleaning out old data from the phone.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
    If you think Im serious, thats funny.

how do i get the preview image onto my backup? also ive already tried, backing up the backup and sshing back, it wont work tried it last week

Quote Originally Posted by wyndwarrior View Post
    BackBoard
    Theming the easy way...

Choose from an ever growing collection of themes, all of which install within seconds...

Note: Backboard does not supply or download the actually themes for you. You must install/purchase them from cydia first before you can use backboard to install.

Watch it in action!

YouTube - BackBoard Demo - Smart Theme Installer (iPod Touch and iPhone)

BackBoard Features
    • One click installation
    • Fast theme switching
    • Backup and restore
    • Theming security
    • Iconoclasm support
    • Dependency Checker
    • Simple layout, with theme preview
    • Custom installers that can link to backboard

Redefined Themeing...

Backboard is designed to help new jailbreakers and lazy people (like me) to install themes that would require complex setups. Often times when installing a navigational based theme, it would take hours to re-arrange icons, organize applications, and SSH files. Backboard eliminates this stress of having to do-it-yourself and instead you simply launch the app, choose a theme you would like, and tap on it. Once your device resprings, it will be loaded with the new theme ready to go. Backboard also has a built-in backup and restore system. Suppose you had installed a theme through backboard and decide to customize it to your preferred look. Once you remove the theme, Backboard saves your customized settings and if you ever return to that theme, it will apply your customization back.

Server-side Security

With the latest outbreak of theming piracy in other forums, it is best to add piracy protection you your themes. Backboard has a blacklisting system that will check my servers every time a theme installation is made. This way, I can live update the list if new pirated themes were to be released, without having to update the app itself. If you are a theme developer, then adding you theme to Backboard can be done through a single email ([email protected]).

If you are interested in beta testing, read the Getting started guide here (includes download link):
    BackBoard Getting Started User Guide.pdf

Oh yeah, BackBoard will be free.
    Using this as it keeps icons how u like :y: A+

This utility has saved me from hours of re-work!! One heck of a program wynd! Nice work!

Ok, I have been using BackBoard for a while, and I never really had any issues, but I went in to try to create a new backup, and it said that it was created after a second or two, and there was no "preview" icon for the backup like the other 3 that I had made before. I decided to click where the "preview" icon should be, and I got the same screen as any of my other backups. I tried to update this one to make sure it saved, and BackBoard closed. When I reopened BackBoard ALL my theme backups were gone! I know that most of you know how much of a pain in the butt it is to completely rearrange a layout to change to a completely different theme, and I am really bummed. Is there something I can do to get these files theme backups back?!? Also, now every time I open BackBoard, it acts like it is the first time I opened the file... Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated... I am really dreading manually changing everything to switch themes...

EDIT: Ok, I tried to reinstall Backboard, but it did not work.

I also located what appear to be all my saved theme backups in /var/mobile/Library/Wynd/iSetup; however, they DO NOT show up when I load the Backboard app... Arrrgh, it worked just fine, and I don't know what happened!
    Last edited by Rahllin; 04-01-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rahllin View Post
    Ok, I have been using BackBoard for a while, and I never really had any issues, but I went in to try to create a new backup, and it said that it was created after a second or two, and there was no "preview" icon for the backup like the other 3 that I had made before. I decided to click where the "preview" icon should be, and I got the same screen as any of my other backups. I tried to update this one to make sure it saved, and BackBoard closed. When I reopened BackBoard ALL my theme backups were gone! I know that most of you know how much of a pain in the butt it is to completely rearrange a layout to change to a completely different theme, and I am really bummed. Is there something I can do to get these files theme backups back?!? Also, now every time I open BackBoard, it acts like it is the first time I opened the file... Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated... I am really dreading manually changing everything to switch themes...

EDIT: Ok, I tried to reinstall Backboard, but it did not work.

I also located what appear to be all my saved theme backups in /var/mobile/Library/Wynd/iSetup; however, they DO NOT show up when I load the Backboard app... Arrrgh, it worked just fine, and I don't know what happened!
    Same thing just happen to me...all of a sudden it stopped working and all of my setups were erased. wynd better not be doing another one of his remote locks like he did with OS7

Quote Originally Posted by Joserrrr View Post
    Same thing just happen to me...all of a sudden it stopped working and all of my setups were erased. wynd better not be doing another one of his remote locks like he did with OS7
    I never had OS7 so I didn't know he did that, but I did notice that as active as he is on these forums I haven't seen a post from him in this thread lately. I know he is super tied up with dreamboard, so I couldn't imagine him doing something to purposely cause one if his apps to screw up. At least I would hope he wouldn't, considering many of us actually pay for many of his apps and themes.

No one else having this problem?! I was using this app like crazy, but now it just doesn't work...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanx View Post
    I had the same problem all my backups where there but Backboard was not recognizing them. I them went into the Backboard folder under var/stash/applications/backboard.app and edited the themes.plist. I then added <string>Themename</string> for all my themes I had saved. (Under theme name put in the name of the theme you saved. ie I named one Ninja so I entered in <string>Ninja</string>) I then respringed and all my themes were installable again. I hope this helps
    I too opened up backboard today and see that all of my themes are gone. I see they are still present and was hopeful that your solution would do the trick for me. I went to the folder and saw the theme strings were already there, so I didnt need to recreate them (the <string>carbon</string> was already there). I already reinstalled backboard, rebooted many times, but my themes still aren't there. Any other thoughts?
    Last edited by Tafkap777; 04-04-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Damn you autocorrect

My iPhone is a Part of Me romg78's Avatar
    Thanks

just a question please...

before upgrade to 4.3.1 i'm wondering what folder i need to save to keep my backboard settings and theme?

i know i'll need to reinstall all theme but

regarding backboard what folder(s) i need to save ?

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tafkap777 View Post
    I too opened up backboard today and see that all of my themes are gone. I see they are still present and was hopeful that your solution would do the trick for me. I went to the folder and saw the theme strings were already there, so I didnt need to recreate them (the <string>carbon</string> was already there). I already reinstalled backboard, rebooted many times, but my themes still aren't there. Any other thoughts?
    I don't know what is going on. I PM'd Wynd, and he did not respond, so I guess unless someone else can figure out what is going on, I am screwed

Thanks

I'm bound and determined to make this bugger work again. I guess I'm lucky that it stopped working today and not last night right after I updated to 4.3.1 and rejailbroke it. I would have been really pissed then. I still need to figure out a way to make it work again...

Okay, so I got it to work again...kind of. By that I mean that all six of my saved themes are now back in BackBoard, and I am able to switch back and forth from all of them with no problem. The only drawback is that there is no preview - but I never had a preview in the first place, so I really don't care. It's strange that not even the default "no preview available" icon shows, but it works and that's all I'm really concerned about.

Anyway, here is how I did it. As Ashanx stated a few posts ago, you have to go and recreate some theme strings, but there are two similar folders you need to deal with.

First off, I went to var/stash/applications.EtcTye/BackBoard.app where I saw all of my themes listed in the themes.plist. For example <string>A_100%_Wooden</string> <string>CarbonX_Pro</string>. I simply highlighted all of these strings and pressed ctrl c to copy them to my clipboard. (note that all the strings start with <string> and end with </string>).

Next, I went to var/stash/applications.Pwn/BackBoard.app where I copied the theme.plist to my desktop (unfortunately you can't edit it right where it is). I opened up the theme.plist I just copied to my desktop (using notepad) and pasted (ctrl v) the information I copied to my clipboard a minute ago right after <array> and right before </array></dict>. I saved it and used it to replace the original theme.plist that this was a copy of in the first place.

There - clear as mud right? I sure wish I was a techie kind of person...I'm sure I could have explained it better if I was. I hope it helps anyway.
    Last edited by Tafkap777; 04-04-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tafkap777 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (06-09-2011)

OOOOK! After reading through this previous posts several times, I DID finally get this thing to work again! I am VERY happy. Basically the key is to remove Backboard via Cydia. Then install Backboard again which will give you a working version of Backboard. Then you have to create a test save, find the Themes.plist file in the Applications folder, edit the the plist by adding strings inside of the Themes array and naming them the same name as the iSetup folders with the backups saved. It took reading a few different posts a few times and adding them together to figure it out, so if anyone who is having the same problems I mentioned before, and you can't figure out how to get it to work feel free to PM me, and I will try to help.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rahllin For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-16-2011)

@tafkap,
    i've updated by pressing the update button instead of shift+restore(wonder if that makes a diff) and then jailbroke as well with Redsn0w 4.3.1
    i tried to follow your steps ,but there's no applications.EtcTye for me.
    previously i was using OS7 with Backboard, but after the update n jailbreak everything becomes back to norm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kakuta View Post
    @tafkap,
    i've updated by pressing the update button instead of shift+restore(wonder if that makes a diff) and then jailbroke as well with Redsn0w 4.3.1
    previously i was using OS7 with Backboard, but after the update n jailbreak everything becomes back to norm
    What are you using to get into your files? I'm using iFunbox. Maybe that makes a difference? I too used the update button and not shift+restore.

Quote Originally Posted by kakuta View Post
    @tafkap,
    I think that the letters after "applications." will be different for everybody, so you should look for the folder that has a creation date as close as today...

Thanks

Folks, I have a theme which uses Perpage and Springjumps but I am not sure if with Backboard, I can switch to a normal theme without those apps. In case it is possible, how should I do it? Should I disable these apps through SBsettings Mobile Substrate addons?

Can someone clarify?

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast