+ Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BackBoard - Smart Theme Installer

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
This is amazing
    Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,023 Times in 3,666 Posts

This is amazing

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

will it be free to get your theme made "backboard" compatible and hosted on your repo though? amazing concept
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,288 Times in 361 Posts

Alpha testing is right around the corner, although the features will be very limited.

Thanks

hey wynd, im fine with restoring considering i already have to since my ipod 2g 3.1.2 is stuck in recovery mode and i have tried everything ik, so i can beta test and does anyone mind helping figure out the problem?
    i already tried the obvious plugging in to itunes and using blackra1n and redsnow...

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

You try just holding down home and power button until apple logo shows or using one ofthe fee tools that allow you to exit it? I don't remember what they are called but a google search should suffice

Thanks

Alright, thanks i will try tommorrow, (Today)but what do u mean fee tools. I solved this issue a couple years ago but things have gotten more complicated and now the older options i used to fix it no longer work and doing any-everything with both buttons wont do anything, it will have to be a program, but thanks for the reply though

iPhone? More like MyPhone thechronic's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy f***ing sh*t!!

I am very excited to see where this goes. And I also hope it is memory friendly.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,288 Times in 361 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    Alright, thanks i will try tommorrow, (Today)but what do u mean fee tools. I solved this issue a couple years ago but things have gotten more complicated and now the older options i used to fix it no longer work and doing any-everything with both buttons wont do anything, it will have to be a program, but thanks for the reply though
    Have you tried iRecovery?
    Quote Originally Posted by thechronic View Post
    Holy f***ing sh*t!!

I am very excited to see where this goes. And I also hope it is memory friendly.
    It uses the same memory as Winterboard does.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wyndwarrior View Post
    Have you tried iRecovery?

It uses the same memory as Winterboard does.
    So it doesn't replace Winterboard. It's putting files where they have to be put...? It's like the "Software" thing in Windows' settings; you can install sth. and remove it, all is done by the installer (Backboard).

Holy sh!t!

That's great!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Yup

Thanks

Ok,so now i tried Quickpwn (that didnt even load, it said that"Sorry for your inconvience but Quickpwn isnt responding") I DID try iRecovery and all that did was it turned my ipod off then turned it back on and went right back to the itunes plug screen every single freakin time i tried it, then it opened up itunes about my ipod being in recovery mode. Blackrain and redsnow both did not work either. Im reallly running out of options. Im thinking of contacting Apple but that costs $30 and idk if they would want to fix a jailbroken ipod... does anyone have any other ideas of getting out of recovery mode without restoring considering I have about 40 themes and 15 notes not backed up?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    Ok,so now i tried Quickpwn (that didnt even load, it said that"Sorry for your inconvience but Quickpwn isnt responding") I DID try iRecovery and all that did was it turned my ipod off then turned it back on and went right back to the itunes plug screen every single freakin time i tried it, then it opened up itunes about my ipod being in recovery mode. Blackrain and redsnow both did not work either. Im reallly running out of options. Im thinking of contacting Apple but that costs $30 and idk if they would want to fix a jailbroken ipod... does anyone have any other ideas of getting out of recovery mode without restoring considering I have about 40 themes and 15 notes not backed up?

Do not talk to apple about a jailbroken iDevice. They will not help you.
    You could try to download Spirit and click Jailbreak on your restore screen.
    My friend gets this often and he just uses Blackrain to "reboot" his phone, but you said you already tried that.
    And you could try iFunbox, download it and see if you can SSH into your phone, even if you cant restore it, you could atleast pull your theme's and other data off before restoring it.

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

Thanks

Thanks!, I will try it but ik that blackrain does not work becuz it will always freeze and say that it cant find my device, same with spirit, but i will try iFunBox.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wyndwarrior View Post
    Alpha testing is right around the corner, although the features will be very limited.
    Can't wait can't wait DDD

Thanks

ok, i figured out my problem, for those of u who get recovery mode. first of all, irecovery is a piece of **** and doesnt work at all. Just straight up criticism! secondly, every other application does not work except redsnow! select the firmware and only select verbose boot, and now im able to use your sweet app Wynd!

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Glad you fixed your problem but actualy irecovery works perfect :-p just mist instructions for it aren't very good

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just received the email! Will Backboard work on 4.0

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

What would happen if we installed backboard without revovery first?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer1983 View Post
    What would happen if we installed backboard without revovery first?
    I think for Alpha testing he wants to create a solid base across all the testers. If everyone restores like they are supposed to it they all should be using a "stock" iPhone.
    Not to mention you might have apps on your phone that conflict with Backboard.

I was testing backboard last night, and its phenomenal! Cant wait till its 100% released.

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!