Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BackBoard - Smart Theme Installer

Thanks

I tried to create a TimelessHD theme and all of a sudden I am getting the:

"Unsupported URL

This URL wasn't loaded:
    backboardbeta://Setup_Exists"

I dismiss this pop-up but then I get another pop-up that says "TimelessHD has been created".

I have eight other themes saved that I have gone back and forth on over the weeks I have used BackBoard. I even had TimelessHD saved until I upgraded to iOS 4.2.1 with GreenPois0n.

I don't want to leave TimelessHD to another them I saved previously because I am not sure it has been truly saved and also don't want to lose the other saved themes.

I also read through the previous posts and I saw someone mention not being able to preview. Is this not possible? I don't see anywhere in the BackBoard app that gives me the preview option.

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmrenfro View Post
    Thats way too much! I'm not sue where to look, but I have 17 themes saved in Backboard and am not using 1gb for all of them combined. Where can I look to find how much its taking up?
    Please some help....

I have saved 7 themes and it uses around 3.7 GB!!!!!
    That is a monster memory usage!

Is this normal????
    Because my 32 GB is running dry at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Archez View Post
    I figured out why some people here have been getting 1gb backups of there themes. I went crazy when I saw that I lost 10gb of space on my phone and realized that it was all from backboard. I only had 3 saved themes, each only ~3gb.

When Backboard saves your layout, it saves everything in /var/mobile/Library/Preference/ so if you have iBye or AppBackup and you have stuff locally backed up, backboard will copy those folders everytime you save a theme. This is also why it takes for ever to save a theme in the first place.

I do hope the developer can make a workaround for iBye and AppBackup.
    I will try to delete the backup'd files from appbackup, in the backboard theme saves!!!

That worked!!!!
    All saved themes are working after I deleted all the Appbackup stuff in preferences
    Last edited by WhyNotCallMeRo; 02-21-2011 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WhyNotCallMeRo For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (06-09-2011)

Does it need Winterboard?

My BackBoard it's not working well! I must turn it to Airplane mode just work. Anyone can help me please! Cause I wanted to install OS7 theme.

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    WTF!! when backboard loads up it won't recognise my backups, it thinks I'm a first time user. all my settings are still in isetup
    I had the same problem all my backups where there but Backboard was not recognizing them. I them went into the Backboard folder under var/stash/applications/backboard.app and edited the themes.plist. I then added <string>Themename</string> for all my themes I had saved. (Under theme name put in the name of the theme you saved. ie I named one Ninja so I entered in <string>Ninja</string>) I then respringed and all my themes were installable again. I hope this helps

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashanx For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (06-09-2011)

Are there any themes besides OS7 for this that are already made

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,123 Posts

@Wynd

Please edit your script so the Appbackup files won't be saved in themes

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WhyNotCallMeRo For This Useful Post:

DrAgNbOi (03-03-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me DrAgNbOi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone4GRo View Post
    @Wynd

Please edit your script so the Appbackup files won't be saved in themes
    Yes please do that so we can save a gig or two!

wynd...Love the app, this combined with auto-install themes etc will make life easier for everyone. THANK U SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

wynd...question. So now that I have backboard installed. Great. Do I have to manually setup the icon layout, save it as a template...then use backboard to switch layout? Am I missing something? The video clips shows the entire theme changing. How do I setup the files to do that?
    Also, if I install a theme...how does Bckbrd find out about it and get it all setup?

My iPhone is a Part of Me DrAgNbOi's Avatar
    Thanks

Not Wynd but yes you have to setup the icons the way you want it for a certain theme then add it into backboard eg theme 1, then when you get another theme and set it up how you want add it to backboard again theme 2. When you want to switch theme just go to backboard select which theme you want, install, confirm then respring.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DrAgNbOi For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (06-09-2011)

Thank u Dr. Great. Understand it now. Awesome tool. Next...can someone please upload the layouts for a few theme to try? Obviously they wont work without having having the actual theme. Pretty please? (sry if I'm not allowed to ask...thought it was ok as I was not asking for the actual theme itself)

Quote Originally Posted by weaksos1 View Post
    Hey, I'm trying to install the windows 7 phone theme. I have backboard installed. When I go to backboard: / / http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files/OS7Beta.zip , I get the pop up in backboard that asks me whether I want to download that file, and when I hit "yes" it instantly goes to "complete" with the option to "dismiss." When I hit dismiss there still is no windows 7 phone theme on backboard (and it obviously didn't download it that quickly). How do I get this theme to work? The file is for sure on the repo because I downloaded it on my computer a few seconds later. Is there a way I can SSH it into my phone and install the theme? Where do I put the files to install the theme?

Please help.
    I have the exact same problem... Using IP4 4.1 with back board 1.2.1.. Sum1 pls help

Is there a psd for making previews?

Hi@all
    I have a problem i have installed Ios v. 3.1.3, when i change the Theme on iphone 3g and respring the iphone starts in safemode Before i Installed 3.1.3 i have ios 4.2.1 and I have no problem but i want Ios 3.1.3 because it makes the Iphone faster than 4.2.1 please Help me
    ty

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanx View Post
    I had the same problem all my backups where there but Backboard was not recognizing them. I them went into the Backboard folder under var/stash/applications/backboard.app and edited the themes.plist. I then added <string>Themename</string> for all my themes I had saved. (Under theme name put in the name of the theme you saved. ie I named one Ninja so I entered in <string>Ninja</string>) I then respringed and all my themes were installable again. I hope this helps
    First, thanks for the info. I am having this same problem but my themes.plist has 0 bytes and will not open. I am thinking of copying off all my theme info from isetup and then reinstalling backboard to see if that gives me a valid themes.plist to edit. What do you think?

Thanks

Not working for me

How do you get the icons of the themes in Backboard

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Nevermind!
    Last edited by whoadie; 03-20-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fhorn View Post
    First, thanks for the info. I am having this same problem but my themes.plist has 0 bytes and will not open. I am thinking of copying off all my theme info from isetup and then reinstalling backboard to see if that gives me a valid themes.plist to edit. What do you think?
    My themes.plist also suddenly became blank, and the fix I did was to reinstall BackBoard to get a stock themes.plist and create a "tmp" theme. I then figured out what the format is and modified it to include all my theme names. If you open the file after creating a theme, it will be very obvious what you would need to do.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast