Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weather Plugin for Lockinfo Question

Default Weather Plugin for Lockinfo Question
    This is all working perfectly for me, but I just wanted to know if there is a way to tweak the Weather plugin to remove the clock from it. Is it possible?

Also I kinda deleted the native.plist by accident while looking through my iFile, how can I get that back?

I got the plist back, just waiting to see what kind of tweaks I can make to the plugin to remove the time.
    Last edited by bluenautica; 05-27-2010 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

use clock hide in cydia

I don't think you read correctly, but I do not want to hide the iphone clock, I just want to tweak the Lockinfo clock.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

You cannot hide the clock in the LockWeather plugin. You can (as echoside posted) hide the iPhone clock.

Now if you must have the iPhone clock with just weather, you could try the WeatherIcon plugin for Lockinfo. It just has weather.
    kwickone I.T.H.

I made a "Clockless" LockWeather for myself and can share it if you like. I'm attaching some screenshots. It is basically LockWeather with the clock removed and the day added. As you can see I also rearranged the layout of it. It has the forecast and also the scrolling calendar. If you are interested let me know and I'll find a site to upload the bundle.

Just as a note, this has not been tested on any other phone except my own. I have a 3GS running 3.1.2 and Lockinfo 2.3.0.6. I have been using it on my phone for a couple weeks and it works fine. I would assume it will be okay on other phones but I can't guarantee that. I have not yet tested it on the most recent Lockinfo that is now on Cydia, version 2.3.0.9. I may do that within the next day or two.

Screenshots didn't show up on my previous post, trying again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg   -photo-2.jpg   -photo-3.jpg  

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bnnlpttgr For This Useful Post:

Kerto168 (08-31-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bnnlpttgr View Post
    I made a "Clockless" LockWeather for myself and can share it if you like. I'm attaching some screenshots. It is basically LockWeather with the clock removed and the day added. As you can see I also rearranged the layout of it. It has the forecast and also the scrolling calendar. If you are interested let me know and I'll find a site to upload the bundle.

Just as a note, this has not been tested on any other phone except my own. I have a 3GS running 3.1.2 and Lockinfo 2.3.0.6. I have been using it on my phone for a couple weeks and it works fine. I would assume it will be okay on other phones but I can't guarantee that. I have not yet tested it on the most recent Lockinfo that is now on Cydia, version 2.3.0.9. I may do that within the next day or two.
    I would like to have this for I cannot get the WeatherIcon to work the way you have and the way it should be!

All I get is a small Sun, Town and temp on one line!

Emailed the Dev of this app and had NO sucess in resolving this problem I have!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ Pretty cool bnnlpttgr! Did not know this was something you could edit. Nice work.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    ^^ Pretty cool bnnlpttgr! Did not know this was something you could edit. Nice work.
    Thanks, kwickone, I appreciate that. I had to learn a little Xcode to do it, and I had a lot of help from Burgch on the Macthemes2.net forums, plus David Ashman (Stimpy5050) gave me some advice as well.

@area51, I'm going to upgrade to the latest Lockinfo to make sure there are no issues with this plugin. If everything works okay I'll post a link where you and anyone else who wants to use it can download it. I'm going to be a little busy the next couple days, so it may be Friday evening or Saturday before I post the link.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bnnlpttgr For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (06-02-2010), CaptainChaos (06-03-2010)

Thanks

Thanks, kwickone, I appreciate that. I had to learn a little Xcode to do it, and I had a lot of help from Burgch on the Macthemes2.net forums, plus David Ashman (Stimpy5050) gave me some advice as well.

@area51, I'm going to upgrade to the latest Lockinfo to make sure there are no issues with this plugin. If everything works okay I'll post a link where you and anyone else who wants to use it can download it. I'm going to be a little busy the next couple days, so it may be Friday evening or Saturday before I post the link.
    That would be mighty fine with me as I have been trying to get this thing to work right since I purchased it been a week or two!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I am looking forward to trying this as well.

I have the file on box.net. Please send me a PM if you want to test the plugin and I'll give you the link. After thinking about it a couple days, I think this is the best way to do it until I see how it is going to run on some other phones. Remember, this plugin has only been used on one phone - mine - so basically if you install this you are being a beta tester. Don't request the link if you're afraid of messing up your phone. I don't expect any problems but you never know. Once I get some feedback I'll start another thread and release it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bnnlpttgr For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (06-06-2010)

Thanks

Thanks bnnlpttgr,

With your help and your Weather plug in I finally got Weather Plugin working!

Many Thanks

Area

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Thanks bnnlpttgr,

With your help and your Weather plug in I finally got Weather Plugin working!

Many Thanks

Area

I'm glad I was able to help!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bnnlpttgr For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (06-13-2010)

I have the file on box.net. Please send me a PM if you want to test the plugin and I'll give you the link. After thinking about it a couple days, I think this is the best way to do it until I see how it is going to run on some other phones. Remember, this plugin has only been used on one phone - mine - so basically if you install this you are being a beta tester. Don't request the link if you're afraid of messing up your phone. I don't expect any problems but you never know. Once I get some feedback I'll start another thread and release it.
    I would like to try your weather plugin. Thank you

Thanks

Screenshots didn't show up on my previous post, trying again.
    Hi, I am using the latest version LockInfo together with LockWeather. But i do not like the 6 days
    weatherforcast or the calendar. But it is not possible the disable this any more.
    So after reading your post, i installed WeatherIcon for LockInfo, but i have the same problem
    now. What do you change in the plist ?

Grz.

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping someonemight still have this plugin or could guide me in how to remove the clock by coding:-).

Thx in advance,

Johnny.