Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: finally possible: change default browser

Default finally possible: change default browser
    Hi!

Finally there's a way to change the default browser, check this out: Browser Changer 0.5-0 | iWatcher.net

I'm using it with Atomic Browser and it works great!

Greetings

MJFox

I'm using it with iCabMobile and it won't work,all the links will open in Safari!

it comes with a sbsettings toggle and it's turned off by default... so you need to turn it on in sbsettings

hope it helps

MJFox

Quote Originally Posted by MJFox View Post
    it comes with a sbsettings toggle and it's turned off by default... so you need to turn it on in sbsettings

hope it helps

MJFox
    Thanks, now is working just fine

Quote Originally Posted by MJFox;

hope it helps

MJFox
    Damn. It wasn't working for me either and was hoping the SB Setting toggle was the problem. Alas, although I have Atomic set as the default everything is still opening up in Safari (on my iPad). I assume when working, if I feet a link in an email, clicking on it launches Atomic, not Safari? Does it work for all apps that have hooks to Safari?

Any other suggestions?

I have been using this with Opera, and it works great.
    Just a little annoying having to tap on the URL bar then tap "go". Couple un-needed steps, but I can live with it.
    wwjd

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

What is wrong with safari? Or should I ask...what makes other browsers better than safari?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    What is wrong with safari? Or should I ask...what makes other browsers better than safari?
    The reason that I use Opera over Safari most of the time is because it has a "mobile" option.
    This makes it easier to view websites that don't have a iPhone version.
    Opera is also MUCH quicker for me.
    I don't use my phone for the internet when I'm on house WIFI, unless I'm on the toilet, so having a slight speed increase is very helpful, especially if you're in the car, and 3G is slow.

It does have a couple of downsides:
    Doesn't view iPhone version of websites.
    Zooming pretty much sucks.
    Not as smooth as Safari

It has a ton of potential, but they need to release a nice update, and not stupid mini bug fixes.
    wwjd

I was actually wondering if they had something like this. Glad to have the choice but I am sticking with safari unless they ever come out with a firefox version

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone knows why this tweak requires sbsettings???
    I have no use for sbsettings and I don't want to install it only to change my default browser...

Is there any alternative way to change default browser?

Is there any way to get another browser added to the list? I use a browser called Covenant Eyes and would LOVE that to be added to the list of browsers to be set as the default! Does anyone know how to contact the developer? If he added that...I'd donate in a heartbeat! Thanks!

Dolphin Browser is not supported yet!