+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iStrings

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
A new app from the developer of AddExchange. It lets you change the system strings of your iDevice. It has support for either WinterBoard or just using the app itself
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iStrings
    A new app from the developer of AddExchange. It lets you change the system strings of your iDevice. It has support for either WinterBoard or just using the app itself to change them - no dependency on WinterBoard.

It is on the official Cydia Store for only $0.99.

Also for anyone thinking this is a copy of MyStrings: I have been working on this for months and submitted it before the other even came out. iStrings also has completely different features. IE multiple language support and no dependency on WinterBoard.

Many updates to come! Also an interface update is up next for cleaner implementation of the advanced section.

[Update 1: Fixed an issue where users would have popup on every load. || Should be out today (5/2/10)]
    [Update 2: Version 1.2 is now live and contains a new feature: Slider Mask Color (5/2/10)]
    Last edited by DarthYodi; 05-02-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: revised

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I have a question I buy it. Can I eliminate the text for a string? For example, if I don't want it to say anything, can I just delete the text using this app? The reason I ask is because I use a tap to unlock theme in winterboard, and i would like an easy way to eliminate all of the strings text that shows up on the screen (it's always on the right side of the tap area, and it's very annoying). Thanks.

Thanks

You change the text in the 'slide to unlock' or 'slide to turn off' things, as well as many other things. It's really cool. I have iStrings and it's really great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    I have a question I buy it. Can I eliminate the text for a string? For example, if I don't want it to say anything, can I just delete the text using this app? The reason I ask is because I use a tap to unlock theme in winterboard, and i would like an easy way to eliminate all of the strings text that shows up on the screen (it's always on the right side of the tap area, and it's very annoying). Thanks.
    If it can be changed using the SpringBoard.strings file, yes. If the creator of the theme you use somehow used something else then no, but you said it is in winterboard so I am guessing that yes, it will get rid of the text if you use it.

Let me know if you have any other questions You can also email me via the link in Cydia for a faster response. I don't always check the forums that often :P

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Bought it on my iPad and doesn't work yet. When will support be added?

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Thanks Darth for the response. I will buy it today and give it a shot. I will let you know how it works out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Bought it on my iPad and doesn't work yet. When will support be added?
    It actually does work on the iPad...I had someone test it for me and I have proof up on my blog. This was done with WinterBoard though...were you using WB or no? Also, official support has been added I am just needing to test it out as I do not own an iPad. Weird enough, the iPad is not as localizable as the iPhone and so I had to do some last minute work with the languages. An update to the advanced list organization should come not too long after iPad support as well.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm confused. When I go into settings and select iStrings I get a message that says "There was an error loading the preference bundle for iStrings". In Winterboard I don't see anything related to iStrings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'm confused. When I go into settings and select iStrings I get a message that says "There was an error loading the preference bundle for iStrings". In Winterboard I don't see anything related to iStrings.
    Ah right, I got rid of something for it to work...sorry - yes iPad support is on the way. I forgot it was still that build that was uploaded. Look for it by the end of the week - I have finals at the moment. It /does/ work on the iPad in the current build though...so just wait a couple days for me to make sure it is working 100% and it will be up on Cydia.

Sorry about the confusion. I'm really tired and spent all last night trying to fix registration issues at a University for classes over the summer. 0 hours of sleep does that to you :P

Proof of iPad Compat: here (If I cannot link just take this out)
    The bottom two pics are of it working with the iPad.
    Last edited by DarthYodi; 05-10-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks

Maybe try myStrings? Just a thought.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by utopia95 View Post
    Maybe try myStrings? Just a thought.
    Which definitely doesn't have iPad strings in it? :P

This update will not only let it be opened in preferences like in the screenshots I provided, but also include system strings specific to the iPad.

Not trying to play it down...but just letting people know that iPad specific strings are not in it, unless I missed some update?

UPDATE: Just finished iPad support which should be out sometime either tomorrow or Friday depending on testing. No you will not have to pay extra...
    UPDATE: Delay due to testing issues.
    UPDATE: Submitted update to BigBoss, large code cleanup and iPad support
    UPDATE: iStrings 1.3 now live! iPad support included!
    Last edited by DarthYodi; 05-19-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Anybody else having trouble getting some strings to disappear? I can't seem to get any of my push notice "slide to unlock" strings to disappear. Same for the alarm. As far as I know, I have deleted every possible string relating to these, but they seem to stick around. I just updated my 3Gs to 4.1. I didn't notice this issue on 3.1.2.