Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 105

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Vroom - get back ram by managing daemons

  1. #41
    the dev clearly blatantly lied,this is the [dangerous?] iphoneVM thing and not a daemon manager. im just glad no one cracked it or i woulda got it based on that info =P ..all haiti funds and such aside- this is a clearly a lie, whether for a good cause or not. i wouldnt pickpocket people to give to haiti either..

    the point is this is just straight up not what he says it is [daemon manager, battery life increaser], its just the swapdisk thing and u cant use money[haiti] or actual functionability[200mb free mem] to disprove that

  2. #42
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 62 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    the dev clearly blatantly lied,this is the [dangerous?] iphoneVM thing and not a daemon manager. im just glad no one cracked it or i would have got it based on that info =P ..all haiti funds and such aside- this is a clearly a lie, whether for a good cause or not. i wouldn't pickpocket people to give to haiti either..

    the point is this is just straight up not what he says it is [daemon manager, battery life increaser], its just the swapdisk thing and u cant use money[haiti] or actual functionality[200mb free mem] to disprove that
    Unfortunately you are misinformed and incorrect. I have been beta testing this for almost 2 months now on 3 idevices, 2 iphones and a 2nd gen touch. I can enthusiastically tell you that this tweak does in fact work, and does in fact do everything that it claims.

    Show me the proof that it doesn't? Just because BigBoss makes some claims he hasn't provided any proof that it does not do the claims that are made with this mod. However the proof that it does is coming, we have outsourced some others to do some more beta testing and the reviews will be along shortly.

    If people are so convinced this does not work, then why not try it for themselves, then post some evidence that it does not work. Or is everyone just that afraid to go against some larger names in the community, and prove them wrong.

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by memnoch_thedevil View Post
    Unfortunately you are misinformed and incorrect. I have been beta testing this for almost 2 months now on 3 idevices, 2 iphones and a 2nd gen touch. I can enthusiastically tell you that this tweak does in fact work, and does in fact do everything that it claims.

    Show me the proof that it doesn't? Just because BigBoss makes some claims he hasn't provided any proof that it does not do the claims that are made with this mod. However the proof that it does is coming, we have outsourced some others to do some more beta testing and the reviews will be along shortly.

    If people are so convinced this does not work, then why not try it for themselves, then post some evidence that it does not work. Or is everyone just that afraid to go against some larger names in the community, and prove them wrong.
    i dont know if you read my post a few posts up, but ya its not based off sources of bigboss or w/e.

    This is what i know from how computers actually work. and the iphone/ipod is a computer.

    Your just retarded and see a few mb more of ram and are like, omg this is so awesome, its so much faster!
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by memnoch_thedevil View Post
    Unfortunately you are misinformed and incorrect. I have been beta testing this for almost 2 months now on 3 idevices, 2 iphones and a 2nd gen touch. I can enthusiastically tell you that this tweak does in fact work, and does in fact do everything that it claims.

    Show me the proof that it doesn't? Just because BigBoss makes some claims he hasn't provided any proof that it does not do the claims that are made with this mod. However the proof that it does is coming, we have outsourced some others to do some more beta testing and the reviews will be along shortly.

    If people are so convinced this does not work, then why not try it for themselves, then post some evidence that it does not work. Or is everyone just that afraid to go against some larger names in the community, and prove them wrong.
    IT THE VM THING, IT DOESNT MANAGE DAEMONS idc how good it works, its a lie, and i dont want that vm thing on my ipod, i would want a daemon manager, but not the VM things, THAT THE POINT, and also why i underlined that section and in red, but u apprently still decided not to notice it

  5. #45
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 62 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jbone1337 View Post
    i dont know if you read my post a few posts up, but ya its not based off sources of bigboss or w/e.

    This is what i know from how computers actually work. and the iphone/ipod is a computer.

    Your just retarded and see a few mb more of ram and are like, omg this is so awesome, its so much faster!
    Right and the two months I spent comparing usage and battery life on all 3 of my idevices both stock and with the tweak mean nothing, because I have a few MB more. Keep the retarded comments to your self, you do no know of what you speak, and you most certainly do not know me or what I have done or am capable of doing.

    Results will be posted for all to see soon, so how about you all just keep your mouths shut until then? Unless of course you actually have some EVIDENCE to dispute this mod, you have no business posting here at all.




    Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    IT THE VM THING, IT DOESNT MANAGE DAEMONS idc how good it works, its a lie, and i dont want that vm thing on my ipod, i would want a daemon manager, but not the VM things, THAT THE POINT, and also why i underlined that section and in red, but u apprently still decided not to notice it
    It's not the VM thing directly, it is a modified improved version of it. It does not matter if you would put this on your device or not, because you are blindly following the rest of the sheep. Until the facts are actually posted, it is amazing that people can be so biased and make the remarks that flow on here. You refute it's claims but refuse to even try it for yourself to see if it works. Incredible.
    Last edited by memnoch_thedevil; 02-22-2010 at 05:37 PM.

  6. #46
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by memnoch_thedevil View Post
    Right and the two months I spent comparing usage and battery life on all 3 of my idevices both stock and with the tweak mean nothing, because I have a few MB more. Keep the retarded comments to your self, you do no know of what you speak, and you most certainly do not know me or what I have done or am capable of doing.

    Results will be posted for all to see soon, so how about you all just keep your mouths shut until then? Unless of course you actually have some EVIDENCE to dispute this mod, you have no business posting here at all.
    yes and i have a mansion and 300 ipods. Unless you have a video posted of you doing benckmark tests, im not going to believe anything you say.(doing one with the stock, one jailbroken with minimal stuff installed, and one with jailbreak minimal installed with this tweak).

    and like i said im waiting for the actual files to be released to also be convinced of what it is actually doing. a .deb installs it for you. I want to see the original files.

    but i know for a fact most of what he had posted in his thread is a lie and NOT possible via plist files....
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

  7. #47
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts

    wow i tried it just to humor you. I have an ipod touch 3g 3.1.2 and usually idle on the spring board @ like 160-170mb



    This is after i did a respring, and i viewed the plist file.


    This is after i rebooted my ipod.


    Then i tried opening iFile, it took alot longer to open, then i tried viewing the files this added to my ipod. It froze and then my ram dropped to 70mb. Everything is running extremely slow.(i activated proswitcher so you could see no apps were open)


    This is me uninstalling it from cydia.


    This is is NOT GETTING UNINSTALLED! it stayed on after i had removed it from cydia!



    So it didnt really gain any memory or speed(i actually lost it!). Battery life seems not to change or become faster then normal drain. And uninstalling it doesnt work, you have to manually do it. And im not sure what all it added and where. So im probably going to just restore my ipod to get this crap tweak completely off. And it seems things are running even slower then normal when i removed it from cydia and manually deleted the folder.
    DO NOT GET THIS! Its lies and crap!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0043.png   -img_0044.png   -img_0045.png   -img_0046.png   -img_0047.png   -img_0048.png  
    Last edited by jbone1337; 02-22-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

  8. #48
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 62 Times in 41 Posts

    Did you even bother to read anything about the tweak? It manages daemons, you don't magically get improved speed instantly. Why don't you do as the dev tells you too, open several apps and games, bring your memory down THEN hit free mem in sbsettings...you will see a big drop and then it will jump back up.

    Yes everything took a nanosecond longer to open INITIALLY, but after that, everything is running better than it ever has. You don't have to even use free memory any more, it kills the daemons as you exit the app and you will see your memory jump back up.

    Oh, and please tell me how you expect to come away with any conclusive evidence or beta testing in a matter of minutes?


    Here's a couple of pics for you too, hope you enjoy your mansion, and a full review will be along soon.


  9. #49
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by memnoch_thedevil View Post
    Did you even bother to read anything about the tweak? It manages daemons, you don't magically get improved speed instantly. Why don't you do as the dev tells you too, open several apps and games, bring your memory down THEN hit free mem in sbsettings...you will see a big drop and then it will jump back up.

    Yes everything took a nanosecond longer to open INITIALLY, but after that, everything is running better than it ever has. You don't have to even use free memory any more, it kills the daemons as you exit the app and you will see your memory jump back up.

    Oh, and please tell me how you expect to come away with any conclusive evidence or beta testing in a matter of minutes?


    Here's a couple of pics for you too, hope you enjoy your mansion, and a full review will be along soon.

    wow really mature, i see your probably like 14.

    and i didnt really care that much about you having or not having 3 devices lol. You took that alittle far to prove....? what?

    where is you with a video benchmark for everything?


    And i did open other things, i opened a few games that took the longest to load, and they were the same speed or slower openings. I did resprings and they took the same amount of time if not longer. I seen no more then a peak of like 5mb extra memory. Then a drop in almost 100mb(even tried respring). O and yes i did click free up memory in SBSettings many times,
    Last edited by jbone1337; 02-22-2010 at 06:59 PM.
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

  10. #50
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 62 Times in 41 Posts

    About as mature as your entire attitude and immature comments since this topic was started. You can not have an attitude and be snide with people and not expect a reaction.

    You most certainly can not make a clear consensus on this tweak after only a few minutes of testing it out either. Max is testing it and RealzG is working on the full review, obviously you have no patience this is made clear by your 5 minute review of this tweak.

    Bottom line is this:

    I want a clear and concise answer as to what this does, how it works, will it damage my phone. If so what kind of time frame are we talking about here, 4 months like BigBoss said, or 5 years like others say? I just want to be as informed with actual PROOF as possible, whether it is good or bad, whether it validates the tweak or refutes it. Simple as that.

    Finding it with out the unintelligible immature debate/responses that goes with finding that answer though seems to be impossible.

  11. #51
    I'm not going to waste my time reading all the pages of this thread. I've read everything on macciti and here and that's more than enough. To sum it up all the posts are mainly about either ********, *******, or getting bitched at. This tweak does everything yaffa said it would. I beta test it since the beginning without any problems and love it. Apples phone is a piece of **** without it and should have ran like it the way it does with the tweak from the beginning when apple put the devices out. I have a 3G phone and this does wonders for it. It doesn't make your phone crash or lag like all those **** tweaks on all these "cracked app" repos. I tried them all and removed them all they're utter **** but yet all remain on the repos yet yaffa's, the one that works without problem or hesitation, gets pulled within hours. Communist Cydia...Gotta love it. Maybe Cydia should move and based out of communist China. actually that's an insult to the Chinese I take that back. At least they have respect for their people unlike a lot f people in the entire iDevice community. It's starting to treat it's people like it's run from a 3rd world country since a lot of the money making people in it are only out for themselves and to line their own pockets.

    Yaffa, you know I got your back bro and the people with any sense, brain in their head, and a spine to stand up straight got it too! Go team Yaffa!!!
    Last edited by iphonerookie; 02-22-2010 at 07:15 PM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by memnoch_thedevil View Post
    About as mature as your entire attitude and immature comments since this topic was started. You can not have an attitude and be snide with people and not expect a reaction.

    You most certainly can not make a clear consensus on this tweak after only a few minutes of testing it out either. Max is testing it and RealzG is working on the full review, obviously you have no patience this is made clear by your 5 minute review of this tweak.

    Bottom line is this:

    I want a clear and concise answer as to what this does, how it works, will it damage my phone. If so what kind of time frame are we talking about here, 4 months like BigBoss said, or 5 years like others say? I just want to be as informed with actual PROOF as possible, whether it is good or bad, whether it validates the tweak or refutes it. Simple as that.

    Finding it with out the unintelligible immature debate/responses that goes with finding that answer though seems to be impossible.
    i agree memnoch, i love the tweak... but this is so simple, if the $1.99 is gonna deplete your bank account, dont buy it! that simple.

    and to those saying it doesnt work. i was a beta tester and i know for a fact that it works, so it must be something on your ed if it isnt working right.

  13. #53
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by memnoch_thedevil View Post
    About as mature as your entire attitude and immature comments since this topic was started. You can not have an attitude and be snide with people and not expect a reaction.

    You most certainly can not make a clear consensus on this tweak after only a few minutes of testing it out either. Max is testing it and RealzG is working on the full review, obviously you have no patience this is made clear by your 5 minute review of this tweak.

    Bottom line is this:

    I want a clear and concise answer as to what this does, how it works, will it damage my phone. If so what kind of time frame are we talking about here, 4 months like BigBoss said, or 5 years like others say? I just want to be as informed with actual PROOF as possible, whether it is good or bad, whether it validates the tweak or refutes it. Simple as that.

    Finding it with out the unintelligible immature debate/responses that goes with finding that answer though seems to be impossible.
    well im not going to waste my time testing it for the next few months sorry. Nor do i want to use up the limited writes of my flash memory for this.

    VM can and will damage the device. Like i posted before, the flash memory has anywhere between 100,000-1,000,000 writes before it dies(which would basically permanently brick your idevice). And VM wtires probably 100+ times a day.
    The time in which the flash memory would die varies by alot. i know it wouldnt be as low as 4months or as high as 5years. But VW would cut your device life by probably 50% if not more.
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone1337 View Post
    well im not going to waste my time testing it for the next few months sorry. Nor do i want to use up the limited writes of my flash memory for this.

    VM can and will damage the device. Like i posted before, the flash memory has anywhere between 100,000-1,000,000 writes before it dies(which would basically permanently brick your idevice). And VM wtires probably 100+ times a day.
    The time in which the flash memory would die varies by alot. i know it wouldnt be as low as 4months or as high as 5years. But VW would cut your device life by probably 50% if not more.
    so if what you say is true, flash memory lasts for 100,000-1,000,000 writes, and VM writes 'probably' 100+ times a day, that would mean it would be 1,000-10,000 days... so that means, your device will last anywhere from 2.7-27.4 years. average~15 years.

    thats a pretty long time, and i bet you will probably change iDevices in that time.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to colbyclark70 For This Useful Post:

    memnoch_thedevil (02-22-2010)

  16. #55
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by colbyclark70 View Post
    so if what you say is true, flash memory lasts for 100,000-1,000,000 writes, and VM writes 'probably' 100+ times a day, that would mean it would be 1,000-10,000 days... so that means, your device will last anywhere from 2.7-27.4 years. average~15 years.

    thats a pretty long time, and i bet you will probably change iDevices in that time.
    well its 100+ meaning under lighter use. Then also figure in anything you actually write/delete from the drive itself. like adding apps/deleting apps, the cache and cookies from different things. Those all write to the flash memory.

    Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post
    I'm not going to waste my time reading all the pages of this thread. I've read everything on macciti and here and that's more than enough. To sum it up all the posts are mainly about either ********, *******, or getting bitched at. This tweak does everything yaffa said it would. I beta test it since the beginning without any problems and love it. Apples phone is a piece of **** without it and should have ran like it the way it does with the tweak from the beginning when apple put the devices out. I have a 3G phone and this does wonders for it. It doesn't make your phone crash or lag like all those **** tweaks on all these "cracked app" repos. I tried them all and removed them all they're utter **** but yet all remain on the repos yet yaffa's, the one that works without problem or hesitation, gets pulled within hours. Communist Cydia...Gotta love it. Maybe Cydia should move and based out of communist China. actually that's an insult to the Chinese I take that back. At least they have respect for their people unlike a lot f people in the entire iDevice community. It's starting to treat it's people like it's run from a 3rd world country since a lot of the money making people in it are only out for themselves and to line their own pockets.

    Yaffa, you know I got your back bro and the people with any sense, brain in their head, and a spine to stand up straight got it too! Go team Yaffa!!!
    It seems every person who says it works are the beta testers....

    so your telling me EVERY SINGLE THING he said it does, it does? Well ill stop you right there. i know 100% for certain that there is atleast 1 thing he lied about. And if he lied about 1 thing, how can i trust anything he says?

    It will also charge your iDevice faster.
    Charge time is based off of the battery, the cable, and the source of the energy.

    changing files will not affect this at all!

    Vroom comes with the ability to increase the life of your idevice. The way it was meant to be.
    that too. im 100% certain it wont increase the life of the device.
    Last edited by jbone1337; 02-22-2010 at 07:57 PM.
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

  17. #56
    beta tester or no beta tester. I put the vroom tweak on my brother's iphone and it works for him as it worked for me all along in beta. idk wtf everyone's problem is. go shove all the other tweaks where the sun doesn't shine...this one works, and personally toward the battery charging statement....LOL...who CARES?! it charges the same for me and i never had an issue where i bitched it wanted my phone to CHARGE faster. Give me a break, if thats an issue to people then they can just go jump off a cliff w/their iDevice and hope it extends their life by grasping to it as they intend to save and extend their precious device's life by not using this tweak.....since, that is the "problem" at hand right? no one wants to use this because this feel it'll kill your device? boohoo...want a tissue people? ill give you all a puffs plus indeed...even with vicks if you'd like!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9577588
    Precious Metals: Gold & Platinum Now Available on Cydia & Rock! Download now!
    PM me for additional details or look on page 346 post #5185

    Precious Metal Glyph Icon PSDs (Click to Download)

  18. #57
    Right and the two months I spent comparing usage and battery life on all 3 of my idevices both stock and with the tweak mean nothing, because I have a few MB more. Keep the retarded comments to your self, you do no know of what you speak, and you most certainly do not know me or what I have done or am capable of doing.

    Results will be posted for all to see soon, so how about you all just keep your mouths shut until then? Unless of course you actually have some EVIDENCE to dispute this mod, you have no business posting here at all.

    so if what you say is true, flash memory lasts for 100,000-1,000,000 writes, and VM writes 'probably' 100+ times a day, that would mean it would be 1,000-10,000 days... so that means, your device will last anywhere from 2.7-27.4 years. average~15 years.
    I did some testing of this. At first load, the swapfile is not used at all. This means the only write is to the file to create it. However, once it is used and RAM data is stored into it, the swap file was written to *several times per minute*. Wow!
    I did further research with help of chronic dev team member posixninja, and it appears that iPhone OS *does* support wear leveling. So you will get more than the rated 100,000 writes to the device due to wear leveling. How much more? It's not clear. Let's say wear leveling gives you 10 times more. At the rate of 3 writes per minute that is 4320 writes per day. In one year, you would have caused an extra 1.5 million writes to your flash. Can it handle that? Who knows. Everyone installing this type of add-on should be well aware of that, however, and be capable of making that decision for himself. Unfortunately, most general users of Cydia are not capable of that level of understanding.

    You refute it's claims but refuse to even try it for yourself to see if it works. Incredible.
    I am actually in shock that people are really trying to make this a valid point. Anyone that has the most basic level of understanding of how computers work know that you cannot increase speed by writing RAM to disk. The swap is performed only to allow more to be done but at the sacrifice of performance. Why do you think servers continually add more RAM and try to avoid disk swapping? Why do you think people add RAM in the first place? If swap increased speed, people would be *removing* RAM from their computers and encouraging disk swap. Once you are actually using swap, your speed is slowed down. Sure, this may be better than your apps crashing. So that is the only claim that can be made. You gain stability over speed. You can do more. Worth it? Maybe. But it should be sold for what it is.

    Last year, when that clown tried to release "idontcrash" (which I wrote about extensively http://thebigboss.org/2009/04/02/yes...is-still-fake/), there were many beta testers saying the same things you people are. "Try it!", "How can you know this is fake? I tried it and it works!". I proved idontcrash was not even an iPhone app! It was incapable of running on the iphone. How can an app not capable of running on the device really work? But yet there were users still trying to swear by it. Who knows why. But that is plenty of proof that "try it, it works" is an invalid argument.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 02-22-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: formatting wrong.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

  19. #58
    i really want this to work i really do, but its not what i expected, i will wait till u test this MUCH MORE and get good reviews from the bosses

  20. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post
    isnt every single thing in the jailbreak community someone elses work? cracked apps? themes? tweaks? add-ons? etc etc? everything out there was from the phone and developers and themers take them and TWEAK them its a TWEAK. so if you want to get technical...everything belongs to apple and everyone is wrong and NO one should do ANYTHING but use their phone as a phone and leave it unthemed, untweaked in every way, and shut up. right? all the images from the stock OS are taken by TONS of themers and modified. We ALL use stuff and MODIFY it. I'm sick of people ******** about this already. it's done and over with just drop it.
    Not really. I write freaking code. go check it out. Much of it is open source and on github. That isn't apple's work. Its mine. Vroom steals from Apple, does nothing, and is a scam. ProSwitcher is a legitimate application. Ryan and I wrote all the code. I'm not seeing how that is stealing from apple, but Vroom obviously is.

  21. #60
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ibnyaffa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    chi town
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 153 Times in 74 Posts

    Again u have no proof that it does not work other than the idea that swap files do not increase speed but slows it down. And I respect ur argumant.
    But again in this matter there is an increase in speed. The device is snappy and it does last longer battry wise.

    Again bigboss. Have u tried it? Or r u just afried that I might be right about the speed and battery ?

    Again dude. Stop being a hard head and try it. Geez dude. I'm sure u put ur phone throu more stress than this tweak would do to it.

    Just download it and try it that's all.
    Download Vroom.deb from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

    after u do reboot. Run ur great sbsettings Freeup memeory and that's it.

    Nothing more nothing less

    U want to try the battery. Drain it. Ull see it'll last allthe way to 1%. Ad when it does wake up it'll wake up on 2-5% rather than 15%.

    Proov this wrong. Not by ur words. But by tring it. That's all dude

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •