View Poll Results: Which did/ would you choose?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lockinfo

126 76.83%
  • IntelliScreen

38 23.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lockinfo or Intelliscreen

Quote Originally Posted by EddieEckhardt View Post
    Hi all.. sorry for the noobee question but is lockinfo supposed to stay on all the time? I can't find any sorta display timer in the lockinfo settings I've already set 1 min in the general auto-lock settings but timer only works in springboard but not in lockinfo.. what gives? Will appreciate any useful thoughts. Thank you.
    There is a dimmer setting which if clicked, it will never dim out.

Go into Lockinfo-go to lock screen-scroll all the way to bottom-click dimmer tab- And there you will find your timer setting. There is a setting for never. Now adjust to what you want.

It should time out eventually. There are a lot of adjustments in that app and you just have to go back and keep exploring it. Took me about 20 minutes to set up Lockinfo and the the Plugins I got for it to be where I wanted it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SepticTank For This Useful Post:

EddieEckhardt (10-19-2010)

Thanks guys!.. i've actually resolved the issue earlier.. just reinstalled the lockinfo and the dim timer settings came back.. it disappeared before, so the lock screen stayed on. Even after manual off it will come back and stay on after a pop-up event (so my battery actually ran out overnite) coz i never dismissed the pop-ups.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Now that LockInfo is capable of so many cool things, and is so easy to configure, I really don't understand how anyone could think Intelliscreen is a preferable choice. Has Intelliscreen been updated at all lately? Going by screenshots and the app description it looks pretty much the same as it did when I tested it a year ago.

In contrast it's been awesome watch LockInfo mature at such a rapid rate over the last 12 months. It's now hands down the most useful and configurable jailbroken app out there. My phone would feel empty and crippled without it!

I would however love to see some aesthetic improvements for Retina displays. The little icons have been updated, but it still doesn't look like it's taking advantage of all those extra pixels. However I think from memory David has plans for a redesign in 2011?

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mniac View Post
    Now that LockInfo is capable of so many cool things, and is so easy to configure, I really don't understand how anyone could think Intelliscreen is a preferable choice. Has Intelliscreen been updated at all lately? Going by screenshots and the app description it looks pretty much the same as it did when I tested it a year ago.

In contrast it's been awesome watch LockInfo mature at such a rapid rate over the last 12 months. It's now hands down the most useful and configurable jailbroken app out there. My phone would feel empty and crippled without it!

I would however love to see some aesthetic improvements for Retina displays. The little icons have been updated, but it still doesn't look like it's taking advantage of all those extra pixels. However I think from memory David has plans for a redesign in 2011?
    Lockinfo is tops to me and I know of no Dev bar none that works as hard as Stimpy5050 to keep his apps working on any firmware.

Thumbs up to Stimpy5050

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I know this is sort of an older thread, but I have both and I can honestly say that I prefer lock info. Don't get me wrong, intelliscreen is great, but three minor differences pushed lock info ahead for me:

1. The ability to call a missed number back from the lock screen with lock info.

2. The ability to use the entire lockscreen and not just the bit between the time and slider.

3. The ability to choose when I do/don't want a section collapsed. I didn't care much for handing my phone over to someone with intelliscreen. It never wanted to swipe away for me, but with lock info the cells respond better. Also too, sometimes I don't want to clear out a missed call, but I still want to see other items on my lockscreen. With intelliscreen, I had to clear missed calls to see the rest.

I do have to admit that the weather popup was nice on intelliscreen (it brings you to weather underground's site) and the RSS feed was a bit more interactive, but those two don't really matter to me.

Forgot to add, the ability to list push notifications on lock info is HUGE!! I had a hard time with notifications working right on intelliscreen...

I could go on about other minor bits, but I don't want to bore anyone. Anyways, LI FTW.

Lockinfo updated to 3.0... Lots of issues on phone.. With the plugin of course

Well, i tried for the longest to work with intelliscreen. I like it's interface, and stability. But for the life of me, i can never get the weather to show for anything. It always just say no data available no matter what i put in, zip, city/state, airport code, etc and i can't figure out what i'm missing here. It's useless for me without the weather on the lockscreen. So until i can find a solution to the weather issue with IS, i'll have to settle for lockinfo for now.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The weather works fine in my intelliscreen. I have multiple locations listed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default about weather on intelliscreen
    the problem for me is that is a weather forecast + - for a week, I would like it shows the actual weather...

Hadn't been that impressed with LockInfo up until the 3.0 update came out. Definitely worth the money.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I originally gave the nod to lockinfo, but with intelliscreenX here, my vote goes to ISX now. The pages for things like Facebook, twitter, mail and rss is great. Also, built in messages+ is awesome! I haven't played with LI with the iOS5 theme much, but it does seem nice too.

Interesting that this thread/poll was resurrected, as I was formerly a LockInfo guy but since trying out ISX I don't think I'll go back. ISX is a game-changer, and it has played very nicely with everything else I've added on my 4S.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Interesting that this thread/poll was resurrected, as I was formerly a LockInfo guy but since trying out ISX I don't think I'll go back. ISX is a game-changer, and it has played very nicely with everything else I've added on my 4S.
    Agree totally. LockInfo used to be much cooler than IntelliscreenX, but the situation has been reversed. LockInfo's extreme customization options and plugins are too overwhelming for newbies, but I think what is most unfortunate is that LockInfo has barely upgraded its appearance since iOS 4. I installed it the other day and found it quite hard to get looking good. Even after messing with a few themes and every option under the sun. It also slows down the notification centre massively (if you choose the customised NC option).

IntelliscreenX on the other hand is like a streamlined version that only displays what you want to see WHEN you want to see it, by refreshing sources and information as you you scroll, rather than attempting to display everything at the same time. Aspects like Google Reader integration also make setting up your own RSS feeds a breeze, and the built in Facebook and Twitter pages work beautifully. It also has a much more native feel to it than LockInfo, as the way its integrated directly into the existing notification centre is very clever.

Probably the only thing I like better about LockInfo is that it handles the Lockscreen better. For example there is no way to remove default push messages displaying on the lockscreen with ISX. Even though they are captured by the NC, the default "slide to open ...." messages still remain, so I use "Ipsum" to quickly clear them.

There are definitely pros and cons to each app, but for people looking for the most simple and elegant solution ISX is the way to go. If on the other hand you're willing to sacrifice some memory, speed and aesthetics for the sake of extreme customisation and plugin options (and better Lockscreen message handling) then LockInfo is probably still the way to go.

I tested both, but i have LI now from beginning on my iPhone first Generation! My favourite is and will still LockInfo! Works fantastic and the the Plugins are all top! Now i tested a little for my best outfit from LI and the resultated is, with the CydiaAddon BULLETIN its superduper!!!!!!! Now i can use LI on Lockscreen like on Homescreen or in Apps with the Notificationcenter! But see by yourself!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

(Intelli screen x) is best .

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

IntelliscreenX is much simpler and better because it comes with messages+ and lots of widgets

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Agree^^^^^^

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123