View Poll Results: Which did/ would you choose?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lockinfo

126 76.83%
  • IntelliScreen

38 23.17%
+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lockinfo or Intelliscreen

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
For Gizmodo I have: <![CDATA[Gizmodo]]> , for Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/feeds/notifications.php?id= with my personal id number per Facebook notifications, this works in IS. Ok, NOW I get Gizmodo to show up!! I
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

For Gizmodo I have: <![CDATA[Gizmodo]]> , for Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/feeds/notifications.php?id= with my personal id number per Facebook notifications, this works in IS.

Ok, NOW I get Gizmodo to show up!! I realized i also had the Club Life theme for LockInfo enabled. But I still cannot get Facebook to show up. Help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by metaserph; 02-08-2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have both of them

gone from intelliscreen to lockinfo

Unfortunately intelliscreen always crashes my screen and going to into
    safemode suarik always mention it
    but lockinfo is very better and safe

What's Jailbreak? gregorypmoore's Avatar
    Thanks
    I use IS. Tried LI but missed the open app functionality of IS. I think that LI is cleaner and looks more professional but if it was all about looks then I probably would have to use my iPhone in my left hand a lot more. Its all about the functionality for me. If and when LI allows me to bypass the unlock then I may make the move for good this time.

Thanks

there are too many things that can go wrong using intelliscreen, so i use lockinfo
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

I have tried for better than two day to get Lockinfo with Weathericon to work and it won't and I just give up!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I went from Intelliscreen to Lockinfo and now back to Intelliscreen. As a heavy business email user, Lockinfo just was not consistently fast enough to use as an email viewer (loading attachments, images as part of sigs...etc.). I like the ability to use task lists and other stuff like that, but email functionality is a must for me and Intelliscreen is still better than Lockinfo in that area.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

I use LockInfo because the interface looks professional and I can get in and out of what I need to immediately, but I've learned that if Twitter updates are on, I can't use LI for SMS because it'll crash my 3Gs. I turn LI on when Twitter is off, and vice versa.

I love how LI works with BiteSMS, but I hate how I can't reply to an email without unlocking the phone first. If I turn off LI's privacy settings, I'd like to be able to reply to emails from teh locked screen as well, not just read them.

That said, I love LockedInfo. Now I'm curious as to how well IntelliScreen would work with Twitter.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks like im with the majority, really love lockinfo one of my favourite mods

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I voted Lockinfo because I like the HTC plugin but since call/sms/email sound alerts are integrated into Intelliscreen I use that instead. There was at one time a notifier that worked great in conjunction with Lockinfo but that little app no longer works correctly with the Iphone 4 and now I am forced to use Intelliscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post
    I'm very curious what aspects of the standard LockInfo install users find to be complex to setup? I agree that attempting to use HTML themes for LockInfo is complex to set up, but that is very much an advanced feature for LockInfo. The native rendering should be install and use.

Stimpy5050,
    Have you ever thought about adding call/sms/email notifications to Lockinfo?
    Last edited by tdamocles; 08-08-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Uhm.

I just bought IntelliScreen on iOS4 and the IntelliAlerts (Interval "1 Minute" for missed Calendar Events and Calls) donīt work for me.

The IntelliAlerts only start when i get back to the locked phone and push the lock or home button, then IntelliScreen starts the alarms which actually had to be started while the phone is locked with the screen switched off.

Any ideas?

Does someone use the IntelliAlerts for Calendar/Calls on iOS4?

Thanks

Any1 know if there is a way 2 display the weather 4 more than 1 city, state, etc? Also, when I get a text, or call the default reminder/preview covers up the lockinfo preview...is there a way to fix that? I use quick/reply so I like being able to respond to a SMS from the lockscreen. Can I use the lockinfo SMS to respond to a text? Lockinfo seems like a great app, and I'm kinda disappointed that I'm just now finding out about it lol. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thx in advance.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IFlAW4g View Post
    Any1 know if there is a way 2 display the weather 4 more than 1 city, state, etc? Also, when I get a text, or call the default reminder/preview covers up the lockinfo preview...is there a way to fix that? I use quick/reply so I like being able to respond to a SMS from the lockscreen. Can I use the lockinfo SMS to respond to a text? Lockinfo seems like a great app, and I'm kinda disappointed that I'm just now finding out about it lol. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thx in advance.

As best as I know when IOS 4 beta's started the author of Lockinfo completely rewrote the app and the plugins. All of his plugins are working but all the other plugins written by other's may or may not work with the new Lockinfo but the plugins he writes do work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    As best as I know when IOS 4 beta's started the author of Lockinfo completely rewrote the app and the plugins. All of his plugins are working but all the other plugins written by other's may or may not work with the new Lockinfo but the plugins he writes do work.

K, thanks 4 the info. Well, I have the weather plugin, and it seems to be working. The only down side is that I have to manually refresh to get latest the latest weather. Same thing with the mail.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lockinfo

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

I own both Lockinfo and Intellascreen.

I have to say Lockinfo is great

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

I have lockinfo and quickreply, you can set it up within lockinfo that if you get a text you double tap it to use quickreply and just turn show on lockscreen off in quickreply settings

Green Apple
    Thanks

Never used IS so I have to say LI is the way for me. Never an issue and it works and looks good to me. Setting it up is easy and glad I get to set it up. Plug and play is not for me, i like to be able to things my way .

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I use Intelliscreen. I couldn't install it after the latest update a couple of months back because it required the Rock App as a dependency so I stayed away from it. I used Lockinfo in the mean time and didn't really care for it. Now that Rock is gone I was able to install Intelliscreen again and I didn't realize how much I missed it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EddieEckhardt's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi all.. sorry for the noobee question but is lockinfo supposed to stay on all the time? I can't find any sorta display timer in the lockinfo settings I've already set 1 min in the general auto-lock settings but timer only works in springboard but not in lockinfo.. what gives? Will appreciate any useful thoughts. Thank you.

Thanks

^^ What do you mean is it supposed to stay on all the time? Not sure i understand the problem. Your saying if your looking at lock info on your lock screen, the screen never shuts off? There is no setting for lock info to "turn off" at a certain time. There is a "dim delay" but don't think that's what your talking about.