Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Window Planer

Default Window Planer
    Window Planer rounds the corners of your screen throughout all of iPhone OS. It is available on cydia via thebigboss.

I have made it open source as well, so feel free to use the code as you please in anything that you please. It can be found on my Github. Compiles using DHowett's amazing theos/logos which is also included in the git repository. Be sure you have ldid for mac installed(preferably in /usr/local/bin) before you try to run it otherwise it will not finish (as it needs to sign before you can use it on your device).

To use simply install and it will run. No setup. Preferences are in preferences.app loaded using Preference Loader. There you will find an on/off switch to disable and enable the tweak. There is a Slider which controls the radius size as well. Introduced in v1.1-1 there is no need to respring to change preferences. It is now done using Darwin Notifications. You will notice as you move the slider that the radius size will change simultaneously. on/off works the same way.

Something that you will also notice is a setting i have included called Pre-Mode which is grayed out. I have been getting a lot of emails and queries about this. This was included as a prelude to my next build which will support something i like to call "Pre-Mode" (duh!). When the feature is enabled the rounded area will begin at the bottom of the status bar. Much like on the palm pre. This is somewhat more complicated than the existing functionality because it involves having knowledge of the position of the status bar and possibly changing it. But never the less you can expect to see an update soon that enables this feature. As with the rest of the preferences it will be live as well and will adjust based on the orientation of the phone and the height of the status bar.

I have limited the slider value to a range between 12 and 20. In testing i found that these sizes where still within the range of sane usage. but i know that some of you may want to change that and use a larger or smaller size. If this is desired, you may edit the preferences plist and change the max and min values of the slider. After respring and the changes will be active.

A big Thanks to Dustin Howett, Lance Fetters, Optimo, Yanik Magnan and Ryan Petrich.

That about covers it. I am glad people seem to like it and so far i have had 0 bugs. but if you happen to come across a legitimate one please feel free to report it in the issues tab on the github repo. Happy Planing

Feel free to stalk me on Twitter, Github or Vimeo. I also hang around on irc a LOT. you can usually find me on irc.saurik.com #iphone or irc.moofspeak.net #modmyi.

Below i have included a video demo and some screen shots of window planer in action. Please note that the video was taken before 1.1-1 was pushed so it depicts a respring button which no longer exists.

[ame]http://vimeo.com/8510227[/ame]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0259.png  
    Last edited by JStraitiff; 01-04-2010 at 09:44 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

alba04 (01-04-2010), soulthoughts (01-04-2010), wim66 (01-04-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Amazing

Thanks
    Thanked 10,203 Times in 6,211 Posts

Very cool, meh likes. Just might be a must have.

17 is my magic number! Loving it!

Nice… Thanks!

Is it possible to make the upper right corner (with the battery) not be effected?

That´d be even better!

Thanks

I'm using it and it's pretty cool.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

This is neat...but I don't get it really. I don't like the black corners and loss of screen (even though it is very small).

Maybe I am just not looking at this correctly
    kwickone I.T.H.

pre-mode preview

Thanks

sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    This is neat...but I don't get it really. I don't like the black corners and loss of screen (even though it is very small).

Maybe I am just not looking at this correctly
    Its hard to see it in the screenshots, but when your looking at it on your iphone, the black blends with the casing surrounding the screen, giving the screen a rounded look.

Definitely loving the pre mode and the option for the fso statusbar. Nicely done! I'll be looking forward to that update.
    iPhizzle

Thanks

where is the update

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

^^^^what he said!

Thanks

I bet he is busy watching movies

maybe I'm just slow, but how do you download these files?

Thanks

You install via cydia

yeah sorry. ive gotten busy. ill work on an update soon. ive been preoccupied with another app

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Nicely done!

nice i like but how do i turn on pre mode? it wont let me turn it on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast