Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CategoriesSB - Where are some Settings?

Default CategoriesSB - Where are some Settings?
    Hi all, yesterday i tried out CategoriesSB and i am ver yimpressed, especially the swipe to close and the badge support is awesome, but today i took another look at that and i realized the categoriessb removes some settings like turn off the Theme Icons, how can i get this back to the Settings?
    I want hiw to use only the Default Icons and not to theme them via Winterboard?
    Is this possible and if yes, how?

thx in advance

CategoriesSB by definition places the "categories" app into the SpringBoard. In essence this means that categories no longer controls how the icons are displayed and instead uses the SpringBoard settings to control icons. I am unaware of any way to change this behavior.

If you need to have different (default) icons displayed in your categories folders then I suggest you uninstall the CategoriesSB and use the basic Categories while making your folder "Resident" or running in the background.

To make folder resident:
    Open the Categories folder (without CategoriesSB installed) and select the "i" in the lower right-hand corner and turn on "resident" for each folder that you want running in the background.

I hope this helps.
    Hersch

The last time I tried resident mode, I had a bug where a screenshot of a different folder (previously deleted) would show up as a "loading image" while the actual folder caches. As far as I know, the latest version of categories fixes this but it's just a thought.

ssh into your themes folder and edit the theme in question in order to not skin the applications/icons that you keep inside categories

I downloaded categoriessb mainly to get the badges to show up on the folders, but it isn't working. and i can't find the settings either. it seems like once you download it you can't do anything to it. Shouldn't it make the number of notifications show up on the folder for all the apps inside it? any help is appreciated

The settings for CategoriesSB are actually integrated within the Categories app itself. Open up Categories and choose the folder to edit, tapping the little blue triangle on the right side of the category. There you'll find the advanced options CategoriesSB provides.