Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TVOut2 Mirror TVOut

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Default TVOut2 Mirror TVOut
    Just saw this app in Cydia/Rock. Description says:

"Portrait and Landscape with Springboard in "mirror" mode on your TV...."

Note, it says you should uninstall any other TVOut apps before using!

Has anyone tried this yet? How does it compare to "Landscape TV Out" in terms of functionality, speed of display, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    kwickone I.T.H.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kwickone For This Useful Post:

Tonyburgan (01-25-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ill try this out and let you know. But I think this won't match Landscape TV Out in terms of performance/speed. Lets see...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanmay For This Useful Post:

lolento (12-18-2009), Tonyburgan (01-25-2011)

Thanks, really not much info on this but mirrored mode and auto portrait and landscape sounds good.

Wish the dev have a website like the landscape one for Q and A.

Well i just tired the app on my 3g... It has an icon. you open the icon. in the bottom corner iy has an on button and off button. turn it on plugged in my 2.99 ebay cable... and BAMN video out works... has a really easy layout to fit it to your screen... screen rotation works.

This is 100x better then landscape tvout.(i did not test video, but tomtom with music controls displayed works perfectly). fits my needs.
    the icon also show a 1 notification if its on.

Here are screen shots of the app settings to set screen resolution for portrait and landscape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0050.png   -img_0051.png  
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

7. The Following User Says Thank You to persichini For This Useful Post:

Rise24 (01-21-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

Works well and adjusting the screen size is great. Haven't tried the cheep cables yet but works good with regular cables. Also could not get Dtunes to flip landscape on the tv.

have you guys tried the video apps like Youtube?

cuz this is disabled due to incompatibility (I guess) in the landscape one...as well as reports of some games not working correctly with the landscape one.

Thanks for the feedback.

It works well on 80% of the applications i have tried
    This app is much better than the landscape-TVOUT as it rotates the screen AND has mirroring.
    The only app i really wanted this to support was SlingPlayer, which it doesn't do right now, but maybe in the future it will.
    It works fine with OrbLive, CoPilot, Youtube, most games (some run a little jerky on the TV).

This works great for everying thing but the default video player of the phone. I can see the controls when video is playing on the TV but no video. With Landscape TVOut I would only get video on the TV for the first 3-4 seconds then a message that the cable isnt compatible. That was even with "force compatible" turned on.

Any help with this?

Hi,

guido here maintainer of TVOut2.. You can find a little more information on this thread about TVOut2.

The main problems are with video and transparent overlays. Note that video through the apple apps: iPod/youtube/safari will require a genuine cable as they use the original apple code that was always available to display.

Contact me using the email in cydia if you have any problems/suggestions or you want to help in testing.

Enjoy!

Guido.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to guidob For This Useful Post:

sbcdk (12-22-2009)

Ok i found a major issue... battery drain. 3g 3.1.2 firmware. running gps, music control(top 100's playing) and plugged in my phone will charge. once i turn on tvout2 while doing the rest of those batter life decreases even while plugged in
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

Default Sky Sports App
    Does any one know if it works with sky mobile tv app.
    thanks in advance

There will be a new version in about a day or two which supports sky mobile and a wider selection of applications. To stop it displaying portrait as sky does not notify orientation changes in the normal way you will have to lock your orientation to landscape (a control in the next version).

Answering a couple of other questions:

Battery life might be a problem as the phone graphics chip is working pretty hard to run two displays. Can someone confirm whether they have the battery life problem when using a wall socket charger? It provides more juice than connecting to a computer USB.

Re: YouTube/iPod videos/Safari mp4s/Photo Album this works very well in TVOut2 as these apps use the original capability of the phone to display to a TVOut cable. Unfortunately as this is Apple's code it checks to see if you have an Apple cable so other cables may not work for these apps.
    Last edited by guidob; 12-21-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typos clarity

testing right now

testing right now

Update: AMAZING, best TV OUT app out there hands down! Works on nearly every single app, the only thing that didn't work for me was in YouTube. My downloaded videos (YourTube.app) don't play, but when you stream them they do, if they don't stop the video and stream again. Anyways, EXCELLENT!

UPDATE:
    Quote Originally Posted by guidob View Post
    Re: YouTube/iPod videos/Safari mp4s/Photo Album this works very well in TVOut2 as these apps use the original capability of the phone to display to a TVOut cable. Unfortunately as this is Apple's code it checks to see if you have an Apple cable so other cables may not work for these apps.
    I use a third party cable (non-apple), and it works for me. You just have to replace a file on the iPhone and that's it. I followed the directions in this video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3plJUygdFM[/ame]

proceed at your own risks as some people have left comments saying something some weird things, However I am on 3.1.2 and my TV out works FINE and I DONT HAVE AN APPLE CABLE!
    Last edited by ecgta3; 12-21-2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have to agree that this is a REALLY good app. Anyone with a video cable should try it right away
    Last edited by sbcdk; 12-22-2009 at 06:11 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sbcdk For This Useful Post:

guidob (12-22-2009)

Do someone have that iapd file which is shown in above video coz the link shown in the video doesnot work.

Default new update crashes cydia / iphone
    Has any one upgraded to the new version on cydia?
    it gives an error somthing like "size mismatch" and then
    cydia crashes any continues to do so. Any Ideas?
    thanks in advance.

Same thing here. New version in Cydia is dead

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

same problem for me

Apologies for the Cydia problems. There is now a new release 1.0.6 which resolves many of the problems with sky, slingplayer, orb etc.

Release notes are here:

iPhone Landscape TV Out :: View topic - Release notes for TVOut2 "Mirror" TVOut v1.0.6

Contact me using the email in cydia if you encounter problems.

Guido.
    Last edited by guidob; 12-23-2009 at 06:35 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to guidob For This Useful Post:

lolento (12-23-2009)

Guido,

Thanks for this work that you put out!

Any idea on whether a sbsetting toggle is possible?

Reason for asking is that I use my Iphone to dock to my car's nav screen, but sometimes I really only want to listen to ipod/music only and so on occasions I like to have TV Out disabled on the fly.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast