Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TVOut2 Mirror TVOut

My problem is this: I watched some video on France24, which worked great except that the video did not fill the screen. I fiddled with things with no success. Now, France24 on my phone doesn't fill the screen. How do I reset my resolution for this app? 3GS iOS 4.0
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Default tvout2 on ipad 4.2.1
    ok im stuck. i just installed this on my ipad and when i rebooted my ipad is acting like an iPhone with the long unlock slider and a non responsive screen. i cant even go to cydia and delete it. i cant even use ssh because i dont have it installed. i used iphone explorer to go to application folder and delete it but when i reboot still have the same issue. somebody please help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0004-1-.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    My problem is this: I watched some video on France24, which worked great except that the video did not fill the screen. I fiddled with things with no success. Now, France24 on my phone doesn't fill the screen. How do I reset my resolution for this app? 3GS iOS 4.0
    Bump. Anyone? The developer was no help at all. I've tried deleting both apps, syncing, and reinstalling just France 24 to no avail. Where is France 24 storing the resolution??
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Help!? I have an iPhone 2g 3.1.3 jailbroken unlocked on t-mobile and can't get tv out audio works great but I get device not supported message when I plug it into my tv, iv try tv out 2 mirro and landscape tv, neither fixed the problem... Any suggestions or solutions?

iPhone 3GS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpoison
    Tvout2 does not work it crashes the springboard
    Can any 1 help

Quote Originally Posted by Patutid View Post
    Can any 1 help
    Same here but on iPhone 4!

has anyone tried it on 4.2.6 yet???

Quote Originally Posted by Patutid View Post
    Can any 1 help
    Same setup...mine doesnt crash, juz cant get to work after myi detects the cheapo cable. Any breakthrough yet?

Default TVout2 crashes on startup
    When I press the TVOutTuner icon, the app opens then closes real quick. It used to work fine. Not sure if this was a Cydia update or what, but has anyone else been experiencing this? I've tried reinstalling to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should also note I'm using an iPhone 3G with version 3.1.3.
    Last edited by nikkitarintino; 07-05-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Default My Led TV Freezes when I use take a picture or use a app
    Hi Guido,

I have a jailbreak IpodTouch 4 8G with the TVOutTurner on it, I connect it to a Samsung LED TV 40'' with the official HDMI adapter from apple. Once I adjust the orientation and parameters it looks will work fine, but when I try to use the camera and I take a Picture or when I use with some Apps the screen of the TV freezes and I can only solve the problem when I go back to the TVOutTurner app and click on TV off and back to the TV on again. Why is this happening? Does it have a solution? Its a problem of RAM memory from the ipod? There is another app for TVOut that I can use? Please help me! I'm getting crazy trying to figure out how to making it work. Your app was the best one, but I keep having this problem. Do you think that If I try to do the same with a Iphone 4 Jailbreaked I'll not have this problem? I'll wait for your help! Thanks a lot!

Default tvout2 5.16.05
    anyone get tvout2 to work with iphone 3gs 5.0.1 firmware 5.16.05 i have audio but no video

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Bump. Anyone? The developer was no help at all. I've tried deleting both apps, syncing, and reinstalling just France 24 to no avail. Where is France 24 storing the resolution??
    Having noticed this post the developer would just like to add that having endured a lecture on "implied warrantees" in his emails even for software that is provided free it turns out the problem he was having was because france 24 was putting a black frame around the content of it's videos
    Last edited by guidob; 01-08-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Default Output from Ipad 2 all upside down
    hello Guidob,

Thank you for your great apps, my friend tried your app with a clone AV cable on 3GS 4.32 and got very good result, so it encouraged me to buy a clone component cable to try on my 3GS 5.01, but it didn't work, my question is if your app works with IOS5 ??

Also another issue is when I tried yr app on my Ipad2 4.33, it seems work instantly but all the image on TV is upside down, I tried yr button Flip x but picture only flips horizontally (x axis), there is no way to to flip y axis so that I could combine both flip x and y to get picture appear properly on TV.

I checked this issue with my friend and learned that he get same issue upside down picture on his Ipad2 with composite cable (mine is component cable), so that I guess this may not cable faulty. Anyway, if your next update could have new n=button flip -y then it would be helpful, and hope it fully support IOS 5 too

Thank you again

Hi Zewl,

TVOut2 should work on iOS 5+. I have just tried it with the excellent 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak on an iPad1. It seems that with iPad2s the screen orientation is rotated 180 degrees however so I will have to do another update. I need someone with an iPad2 to test it who can perform a couple of simple "ssh" commands to install a ".deb" file. If you have a jailbroken iPad2 can you contact me using the email in Cydia and we can resolve this. I have the fix ready if someone wants to take it for a spin..

Cheers

Guido.
    Last edited by guidob; 01-09-2012 at 04:37 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to guidob For This Useful Post:

Zewl (01-09-2012)

OK, here it is, the fix for iPad2 being upside-down. The commands to install the deb file once you have it on a mac are:

scp tvout2.deb 192.168.1.x:/tmp/tvout2.deb

ssh 192.168.1.x 'dpkg -i /tmp/tvout2.deb'

ssh 192.168.1.x 'killall SpringBoard'

where 192.168.1.x is the IP address of your iPad

Please let me know here or by email how you get on - either way (up).

Guido.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by guidob; 01-10-2012 at 05:52 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guidob For This Useful Post:

ftb32 (01-10-2012), Zewl (01-09-2012)

TVOut2 doesn't seem to play well with iOS5. For the most part, it seems to work okay, but not as well as it did on iOS4. I notice some problems especially with navigation apps. The map layer doesn't seem to display properly with Magellan Roadmate or Navigon. On other types of navigation apps that are on demand like Waze, the maps displays, but the output doesn't seem consistant. Even when the iPhone's native display is updating smoothly, there is lag and sometimes doesn't even update the output at all.

System wide, there seems to be a reduction of framerate. The display doesn't mirror the native display as it did in iOS 4 it seems. Also, at idle (when the screen is static), sometimes UI elements (layers/windows [not sure what the developers lingo is] from minimized or closed apps) from other apps would show up from other apps (I had this issue with DisplayOut 1.6.1 too after upgrading to iOS5). In some instances, popup windows/layers such as menus don't seem to output to the external display.

I'm using the latest TVOut2 Mirror 1.3.5 with Resupported 4.0+ 1.7.1-1 on an iPhone 4 5.01 via composite.
    I've used split, gaming and video modes in all possible configurations.

I've been using TVOut2 since the beginning (even the unreleased debs) since it's a much better alternative to TVOut back then, so I am quite familiar with the inconsistancies, so I'm not a new user ignorant with his mistakes. Been frustrated ever since iOS5 though. Tried DisplayOut 1.6.1 (Just evaluating for compatiblilty, so not sure how 1.6.5 is so might have been resolved) and it seems to have much better framerate, but certain elements/layers would keep blinking which is even more annoying. And it also seems to have the same problem of having resident layers from minimized apps. Leads me to realize that they changed a lot in the way iOS5 outputs display.

Hi Ned,

It is true what you say that TVOut2 can produce images from backgrounded apps and I'm afraid its a problem which is difficult to avoid since iOS4. Also, the hack TVOut2 uses, only displays the last "layer" drawn so for some apps this can make the image presented on the TV incomplete. I haven't noticed the framerate problems you report however and the code for iOS5 is in fact exactly that for iOS 4 minus a couple of depricated method calls so there shouldn't be a problem. What phone do you have?

I'll have a look but I'm away from my dev machine at the moment so for now TVOut2 is what it is apart from the iPad2 upside-down fix which I'll release as soon as someone gets back to me that it fixes the problem. Your best bet is to double tap the home button and kill any background apps for now.

Cheers,

Guido.
    Last edited by guidob; 01-10-2012 at 05:50 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to guidob For This Useful Post:

NedBigby (01-10-2012)

Hi Guidob
    I am so sorry not to reply you sooner as I quite busy on Monday. The good thing is your deb file works so well. My ipad2 is no longer upside down. It appears so good to Tv as it should be and I can not have any more request. Flip y button seems no need now. Very good job man and thank you so much. Second thing also good is my 3GS 5.01 now also work so nice. Only one thing I notice that when I play movie via Buzz player, the out put on tv start nicely but after awhile, it become flickering , I haven't check on other video player, just to update you with my latest experience on on great fruit. THANK YOU. You should up date this deb file to new release
    Last edited by Zewl; 01-10-2012 at 06:41 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Zewl For This Useful Post:

Rise24 (01-21-2012)

Whoops, thought I already mentioned my device. I'm using an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.01 (RedSn0w Untethered JB). iOS4 never seemed to have exhibited the same issues with remnant ghost layers. I have noticed, that the problem occurs with DisplayOut 1.6.1-1 after the upgrade to iOS5. The framerate problems seems to happen with slowly updating layers like on GPS apps. The device itself doesn't seem to be strained or under load. The native display itself seems to be running fluidly and smoothly, but the output display seems to have a dramatic drop in framerate (sometimes it would take a few seconds for the map to refresh). Other programs that are constantly refreshing like games, videos or when you're actively swiping around on the screen don't seem to exhibit this latency.

Not sure if this is the right place but I have a request if possible.

First to explain my setup. The phone is an iPhone 4 32gb with untethered 5.0.1 and latest resupported app. The cable is a non-apple composite cable which is hooked up to my car's monitor which is great for videos/nav.

But the one problem I face is this: my car cradle can only sit in an upright (portrait) position and I cannot tilt it to landscape due to space restrictions so the display is always in portrait mode leaving a lot of the car screen unused.

I have tried putting it into landscape mode first and then locking the rotation but when I insert the phone into the cradle it comes up on the monitor in portrait mode but the image is 90 degress rotated (landscape).

It seems that tvout uses the accelerometer/gyro to set the rotation and not follow the locked rotation?

Would it be possible to add a button to swap the actual tvout display to landscape, even though the phone is in portrait orientation? Or even get a modified version which only displays in landscape (like the videos do by default)? That would be perfect.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast