Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TVOut2 Mirror TVOut

Thanks for nice app. Donated yesterday and hope others will do the same.

Thanks for the update. It appears to work much better with Slingbox and a few other apps. Still will not handle NBA League Pass correctly, but other than that a great improvement.

Thanks,

J

If the problem is orientation of the video, experiment with the orientation options "phone" and "locked". Sometimes TVOut2 isn't told by the application when the orientation changes and needs a helping hand.
    Last edited by guidob; 12-26-2009 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guidob View Post
    Battery life might be a problem as the phone graphics chip is working pretty hard to run two displays. Can someone confirm whether they have the battery life problem when using a wall socket charger? It provides more juice than connecting to a computer USB.
    i can confirm that using a 1a plug(apple plug) that battery life still decreases when using GPS and Internet radio.
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

Hi, For those that want a SBSettings toggle a version including one has just been released.

Guido
    Last edited by guidob; 12-31-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Cool Battery + heat
    Quote Originally Posted by persichini View Post
    Ok i found a major issue... battery drain. 3g 3.1.2 firmware. running gps, music control(top 100's playing) and plugged in my phone will charge. once i turn on tvout2 while doing the rest of those batter life decreases even while plugged in
    Not sure what forum I read about this (it's all a blur at this point) I had heat problems before 3.0 on a 2G. I'd tether it and watch streaming video over an edge connection all the way to the cabin (2+hours). I couldn't figure out why I'd have a half full battery. Once it got down to about 10%. It turns out, (from what i read) that there is a certain temperature that the iphone stops charging at. With all of that running plus charging it heats it up. Give it some air and you'll be able to charge as usual. Not sure your setup but even placing it face down, or take it out of its skin/holster. Maybe something has changed (I have the 2g) but that solved my problem. These babies don't have fans so "your it". If your here then you probably have it jailbroken. We all know its designed for 1 app at a time. You know. blah blah...

PS- As a side-note, the combination of TVout2, the cord, the Slingplayer (with 3g unrestricter), and a 3M Mpro110 led projector, I can walk and project tv at the same time. I don't really need to but I didn't really see how I had a choice. I just had to.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap
    Last edited by dtommyd; 01-07-2010 at 04:11 AM. Reason: to add more info - ok i'm done

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dtommyd For This Useful Post:

guidob (01-04-2010)

Guido,

The forums on the tvout site seem to be down...

I like to find out how to determine the existing setting for TVOUT2? Specifically, is there a plist where the settings are stored? I like to know whether or not I am in debug mode...

Hi, The debug mode is never saved in this version. It's a toggle reset when you respring or press "debug" again. The other defaults for the portrait and landscape frames and orientation control are saved against the SpringBoard application. Not sure whats up with the forums...
    Last edited by guidob; 01-07-2010 at 02:42 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to guidob For This Useful Post:

lolento (01-07-2010)

Default Leaguepass mobile.
    Hello,
    Upon loading league pass mobile, the video loads in landscape once tvout tuner is set to app or locked, but the video itself is the wrong orientation i.e. -90 and scewed. This is also the case when viewing a few other streaming video formats. Is there something I might be missing here? Thanks in advance..

Hi, can you give me an example of a video format which is scewed Name of file, application etc.

Thanks

I have tried this on my friends 3g and cabled it into his car stereo screen I cant get it to go to landscape mode either manualy or automaticly..play a video with ipod or youtube and the display is portrait but orientation is sideways on the stereo display he is using a Belkin cable would that cause this problem.

I am using Leaguepass Mobile, v.1.0.69. Which is powered my mobitv. Also my cable is apple brand component. Hopefully this helps.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jrahn For This Useful Post:

guidob (01-25-2010)

Hi, thanks for the pictures. It's a big help. This could be due to the fix that makes slingplayer work or the same fix may be required for LeaguePass. Could someone do me a favor as I do not have LeaguePass on my phone: Start TVOutTuner and press the debug button once then exit and run Leaguepass Mobile for a bit, exit and email me the file /tmp/tvout2.log from your phone so I can see what is going on. "Respring" to turn debugging off. I can then send or post a new version trying various things. Thanks, G.
    Last edited by guidob; 01-21-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks to jrahn, I think I've found a fix for Leaguepass and have posted a new version of TVOut2 for testing here:

iPhone Landscape TV Out :: View topic - Beta release of TVOut2 - "Mirror" TVOut v1.0.9

Let me know how it goes.. The new version also has an optimistaion for full framerate video on a 2g-3g

[This has been released now]

Guido
    Last edited by guidob; 02-03-2010 at 12:54 AM.

deleted post
    Last edited by eballesq; 02-02-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Hey Guido,

first of all, great app there! It's just the thing I was looking for. There's one thing, tho...

[ame=http://www.megavideo.com/?v=P7UK1CL9]MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it[/ame]

Have a look at this video please. Do you see the ghosting? Regardless of what I record I get this 'trail' of the last frame, which might have something to do with interlacing, but I'm not sure. I tried several deinterlace-options in VLC, but none of them got rid of the ghosting.

Furthermore, I just wanted to let you know I couldn't capture the video out signal coming from my iPod Touch 2G. It worked perfectly fine on my TV (except for the ghosting). But the video signal in my capture card looked like two videos next to each other (like a clone image) and having huge flickering (wrong Hz-output maybe?). I might give some pictures/videos later on, if you like.

Thanks in advance!

PS: If you don't see the ghosting, pause the video at any time the springboard is moving.

/edit: That's how the video signal coming from my iPod Touch (3.1.2) looks like: http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/510...loneimages.jpg
    Last edited by unihumi; 05-03-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Default New release with auto enable/disable + movies orientation fix. + iPad
    Hi,

The new 1.1.2 new release supporting iPad is now available In Cydia.

http://iphonetvoutlandscape.forumcir...opic.php?t=150

Guido.
    Last edited by guidob; 05-18-2010 at 03:57 AM.

I'm gonna try it tomorrow and will give you feedback.

Thanks for the effort!

Question:
    just found this app, great improvement on screenslitr, thanks. i have an app (australia) called "mobile foxtel" it streams live satellite tv (subscription). when tvtuner is in 'normal' mode the app plays, but the external screen is frozen and in a small format. in all other modes:app, video, locked, and phone, the app just crashes when about to display the video? any ideas? i will turn debug mode on next time i am in the car. i would not mind at all if this used video mode to get full framerate!

by the way i use the apple cable!

otherwise as said before great app thanks for your hard work... will donate!

Guido advised me to try iPhone Landscape TV Out :: View topic - Beta release of TVOut2 - "Mirror" TVOut v1.0.11 which has fixed the problem in my previous post.

Thanks again

Any chance of a save button in tvtuner, such that you could save the settings for the car screen, but also have saved settings for your home tv? So quick setting switch is available?
    Last edited by markaus; 05-10-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast