Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Release: Landscape TV Out of iPhone Apps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Release: Landscape TV Out of iPhone Apps
    Hello all,
    I have just released a Mobile Substrate addon that allows fullscreen, (presumably) full framerate TV output of (almost) any iPhone / iPod Touch application; with touch support.

Here is a video of it in action:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INz_aHP_BXE]YouTube - Landscape TV Out Hack for iPhone / iPod Touch Demonstration[/ame]

It's available in Cydia now on the BigBoss repo.

I have set up a forum at
    iPhone TVOut Landscape :: Index
    to deal with any issues people may have with it.

It is based off ashikase's TVOut that he ceased work on.

Enjoy! And if you like what you get, please consider donating!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coonsie For This Useful Post:

bigorangekitty (12-05-2009), tdefran (08-14-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice. I just ordered the Apple Component Cable, so look forward to trying this out!

Thanks!
    kwickone I.T.H.

Seems to work pretty decent. Disappointed though that not able to use for viewing streaming media in conjunction with imobilecinema. Maybe in an update?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Bummer you didn't release it through our repo.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

screen is black but i get sound, I also dont see any icons on springboard or app settings within settings????? tried uninstall, respring, reboot etc etc
    Last edited by se23; 12-01-2009 at 04:31 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Safari disappears from the screen for a yet unknown reason :S

And at the person who doesn't see the settings app,
    Have you installed Mobile Substrate, Preference Loader and WebViewController (should all be installed as dependencies)?
    TV Out should be between the built in apps and appstore apps in Settings.

v1.60-1 is out...
    Change log:
    Added work-around for non-genuine cables
    Added preliminary support for on-screen touch marker
    Application generated alerts / popups can be clicked
    Changed touch screen offsets to match screen offsets and can be tweaked in Settings.

Anyway to get this to work with orb live? This is the only reason I originally purchased a tv out cable. Then later I find that apple added a chip to block knockoff cables. Now a fix and I still cant use orb.. GRR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You need to use an iapd crack as orb player is disabled in my tvout because it has it's own tvout functionality. I'll look into making it work with built in tvout disabled
    Last edited by coonsie; 12-05-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks

Coonsie I figured it out, I had prefs disabled in sbsettings. This tv out is the best! works flawless on my 3g and ihulu quality is amazing on my plasma. Well done bro, great work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Coonsie I figured it out, I had prefs disabled in sbsettings. This tv out is the best! works flawless on my 3g and ihulu quality is amazing on my plasma. Well done bro, great work
    Good news. If you like what you get, please consider donating!

Enjoy my friend. : )

Banned
    Thanks
    this is great

Thanks

Coonsie I have rarely donated in the past but I'm gonna start doing it starting with you as people like you make my iPhone valuable to me. I dnt want to hijack but just tell me the quickest, easiest and safest way? Thanks again Bro

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The update is awesome it now work on my phone even with the 3rd party cables, sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by coonsie View Post
    You need to use an iapd crack as orb player is disabled in my tvout because it has it's own tvout functionality. I'll look into making it work with built in tvout disabled
    IDK that Orb had any tvout functionality. I have a set of 3rd party cables & a set of official apple $50 cables but neither one displays the video out to tv. I can't get NBA League Pass video output to the tv either, only the controls overlay shows out to tv. You can see the loading wheel but as soon as the video should start the screen goes black & only displays the red touch dot.
    I used an iapd crack in the past to allow my third party cables to work "somewhat" (would pause quite frequently) but my apple cables always work to display video out to tv with the built in media player such as youtube and ipod videos. So, are you saying that an iapd crack also is required even if you have official apple cables? I can't wait to get your app working fully since it does work with some of my games....I have to try your forum still.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    For those that were having troubles with in-app videos (Sky Mobile, NBA League Pass, yxflash, etc), I have released a pretty good fix today.

Release notes and installation instructions are at:
    iPhone TVOut Landscape :: View topic - (almost) Proper Sky Mobile (and other in-app video) Fix v1.1

I have posted information about Orb Player's built in TV out here:
    iPhone TVOut Landscape :: View topic - Orb Live TV Out
    Last edited by coonsie; 12-08-2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome program coonsie. Just donated.
    kwickone I.T.H.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thankyou, very much appreciated.

v1.70-1 is out on Cydia now...

Changelog:

Integrated the "Sky Mobile (and other in-app video) Fix" for videos not playing; into main build. Now the fix includes touch support and scaling.

Reinstated Orb Player compatability (disable TV out in Settings is using Orb's built-in TV out)

Fixed a bug that prevented TV out from functioning without having *scrolled through* the whole settings page at least once (this initialized and stored default values)

Wink Landscape TV Out Favorites, Toggle, Force TV Out suggestion
    Quote Originally Posted by coonsie View Post
    Thankyou, very much appreciated.

v1.70-1 is out on Cydia now...

Changelog:

Integrated the "Sky Mobile (and other in-app video) Fix" for videos not playing; into main build. Now the fix includes touch support and scaling.

Reinstated Orb Player compatability (disable TV out in Settings is using Orb's built-in TV out)

Fixed a bug that prevented TV out from functioning without having *scrolled through* the whole settings page at least once (this initialized and stored default values)
    This most recent update has finally allowed Landscape TV Out to actually display video for my "Orb Live" and "NBA League Pass"(*I read that this out feat. is native in the Orb free version but now both apps r pulled from the app store). However each app requires a different set of settings adjustments (layers, search dot on/off etc.) for each to work which makes me wonder if it is possible to make a possible request/suggestion for future updates. Is it possible to make a Favorite Apps tab in settings which could save your TV Out settings for which ever app you choose?...and maybe a SBSettings toggle to turn Landscape TV Out on and off?

...and also, if you want this app to appeal to a much, much larger audience, I would suggest you allow the TV Force Out work around option you include in this app to also work independently of the Landscape TV Out option. That way everyone with 3rd party aftermarket cables would want this. I have two sets of cables, (1) set in my car of Official $50 cables and (1) set of chinese aftermarket ones in my house which have basically been useless since 3.0. I have tried multiple iapd files, however with no luck other than 15-20 seconds of video playback before continuous pausing. This is the only work around that got my unapproved cables working. ...But I would love the cables to also work for my Media player ie. Ipod and YouTube videos which would make this the "ULTIMATE" TV Out accessory App and a "MUST" have to many! ...JMO

Default Slingplayer? Composite?
    I have two questions. first of all, does this app work for slingplayer, can anyone tell me what the settings need to be set to to make it work or how to figure it out (compatability mode, tv out layer, etc...) because I dont really understand how to do that. Second, can I use this with a 3rd party COMPOSITE cable. I see on the Apple website that the only way to use a composite cable is to buy a $50 universal dock. Does this app provide a work-around for that too?

So basically, can I use a 3rd party COMPOSITE cable to watch my slingbox on my tv?

thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by masonhogfan View Post
    I have two questions. first of all, does this app work for slingplayer, can anyone tell me what the settings need to be set to to make it work or how to figure it out (compatability mode, tv out layer, etc...) because I dont really understand how to do that. Second, can I use this with a 3rd party COMPOSITE cable. I see on the Apple website that the only way to use a composite cable is to buy a $50 universal dock. Does this app provide a work-around for that too?

So basically, can I use a 3rd party COMPOSITE cable to watch my slingbox on my tv?

thank you
    You don't need the dock. The cable (genuine or non-genuine) both plug straight into the same place you plug in your USB cable.

Yes, you can use your 3rd party composite cable to watch slingbox on your TV.

You need to turn on "Enable TV Out" and "Force TV Out". I also suggest turning on the "Touch Marker".
    If TV out seems to work for everything except for the video part of slingbox, change the compatability mode layer to 2. (if it works, just leave it)
    For further help please post on my forum (see original post)

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast