+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on 2g

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
This is how I got it to work...... This is what I did, I have a 2g, 3.0 att 4.0 carrier. I installed the activate 2g mms from sinfuliphone's repo,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Default MMS on 2g
    This is how I got it to work......

This is what I did, I have a 2g, 3.0 att 4.0 carrier. I installed the activate 2g mms from sinfuliphone's repo, reboot, reset network settings, reboot, insert my iphone sim into an lg shine and used it until it was recognized in the att website. I called and told them my iPhone was being repaired and I was using the shine for the meanwhile. They took me off the iphone plan and put me on a regular data plan for the lg shine. after about 30 min, i replaced my sim into my iphone and I've had mms for 4 days now....no problem. drains battery quick tho....those are my $.02 I hope it helps someone!

EDIT: 4 days since and still have mms just fine.

saved me $10 a month too!!
    Last edited by diggie2002; 10-10-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    Thank me if I helped you out!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to diggie2002 For This Useful Post:

rotaryheadrx7 (10-09-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'd really like to try it on my sister's iPhone, but she hates letting me have it to do anything to it. Guess she's afraid I'm gonna read her texts or something, pretty much the only thing she does with the iPhone.

I swear it's a waste with her.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Mine is not working and I think it is because of the iPhone 2G plan!

Thanks

the 2g plan wont allow mms, After ouve installed the hack from the sinfuliphone repo and rebooted ur phone as explained before, you have to put your sim card in another phone, i.e. Razr or something and let the system recognize it. Put your sim back and it should work(MMS) for about 30 min or so. That way you know you have the correct settings. THEN put the sim back in the 'Razr' wait again for it to be recognized, send a few texts or browse the web a few minutes, and call att and say your iphone simply broke. youre going to use whatever phone you put ur sim card into as a replacement. If you have unlimited family messaging, the full data plan is $10, if not, then its $15.

Thanks

i tried the exact same thing but my carrier settings is 5.0 but once i switched my sim back to my iphone i could not send mms. maybe cuz i the swap within 10 min maybe? but i switched my sim to a bb curve and everything. i wanna give it a go again but when i first did it i switched plans for the bb but when i noticed when it wasn't working i just switched everything back to my iphone... i dont wanna be switching back and forth and be paying all these little fees u know?

Thanks

Default mms on 2g IMEI blocked by att
    Ive spoken to a few reps at att and some of them weren't even aware that 2g's didn't support mms. Who are we workin with here?? If someone can come up with a hack that will disallow att from reading what kind of phone is being used, it should do the trick...shouldn't it? Am I kicking a dead horse here??? If so, I'll stop.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got mms to work on my iphone 2G (tmobile) last night using the method posted on hackint0sh

it worked like a charm