+ Reply
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: david ashmans lockinfo

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by rkennison I didn't even get the weather plugin loaded myself... Just basic lockinfo. 0 plugins, nothing fancy... I "think" my battery issues are due to the frequency
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Stimpy5050's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkennison View Post
    I didn't even get the weather plugin loaded myself... Just basic lockinfo. 0 plugins, nothing fancy...

I "think" my battery issues are due to the frequency of checking mail... I have mail accounts turned off right now, and I'm going to let it run overnight and see if it makes a difference ( my mail is still on, but i don't have lockinfo monitoring any accounts )
    Syslogs would help with that too. If you install syslogd, I can take a look at your logs.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problem?
    I have the weather app on lockinfo, however instead of the 7 day forecast startin on the current day, it starts on the day i installed a theme. Like its friday right now and it still starts of wednesday, help? The theme I installed is Li Sport Native Lockinfo theme.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post
    Syslogs would help with that too. If you install syslogd, I can take a look at your logs.
    Thank for the support. It works well on my ipod even though there was some battery drain before upgrade. Now everything looks okay. This app is one of the most useful apps for my ipod. I am looking forward to using it on my 4g ipod soon. Moreover, it is the most reasonable priced app and it's worth way more than $5.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am having battery drain issues as well. Where do I send the log files?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lockinfo doesn't work after theme is applied..
    With lockinfo installed by itself it works great. I can click on new emails, sms messages, etc and they open up so I can view them. However, when I enable either Grupple or Rp4k for Lockinfo the app becomes themed but I can't click on anything. The only thing I can do is scroll the whole set of options up or down and update the weather. I'm unable to collapse or expand or click on any items. Does anyone know what's going on here? Thanks.

rtr

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Stimpy,

Not sure what the update was for weather-addon for lockinfo but it did add a weather icon to the taskbar on the top. It however shows a different temperature in unlocked mode and different in locked mode.

Good work, keep it up! and Thanks again!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rtr78 View Post
    With lockinfo installed by itself it works great. I can click on new emails, sms messages, etc and they open up so I can view them. However, when I enable either Grupple or Rp4k for Lockinfo the app becomes themed but I can't click on anything. The only thing I can do is scroll the whole set of options up or down and update the weather. I'm unable to collapse or expand or click on any items. Does anyone know what's going on here? Thanks.

rtr
    The themes should get checked by the developers and any bugs should be reported to me. I don't actively support HTML themes and I don't test them, though I am happy to fix issues to keep them working. I just need the developer of the theme to do the testing and bug reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by activfoxy View Post
    Hey Stimpy,

Not sure what the update was for weather-addon for lockinfo but it did add a weather icon to the taskbar on the top. It however shows a different temperature in unlocked mode and different in locked mode.

Good work, keep it up! and Thanks again!
    I've had a couple reports of this. I haven't personally seen it, but I'll keep looking.
    Last edited by Stimpy5050; 09-07-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok thanks. I'll try to find out who developed these. I just find it odd that as soon as a theme is applied basic functionality ceases to work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Host_Killer's Avatar
    Thanks

Just instlled latest update and I wanted to turn calendar off. I can't I've turned off everything in the calendar plugin and it's still loading. Help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default reboot loop...
    hi Stimpy...

i'm a paid user of lockinfo (great app!). So far i've had no issues really, but i just installed 2.3.6.6 and it puts the phone (3gs on 3.1.2) into a reboot loop (springboard hangs then just reboots). I saved myself having to restore by removing lockinfo dylibs and plists from mobilesubstrate/DynamicLibraries, the phone boots fine....anyways you have any idea why this would happen? or is there any way i can reinstall the previous working version (2.3.4.14 i think)?

Green Apple
    Thanks

i noticed something..i use bitesms (fav app) and was hiding the pop up using lockinfo so i can just the message from the lockinfo app itself.

I got a big message today (155 characters approx) and lockinfo didnt show the message. It showed the person it was from and then it showed "No Message". I didnt even know you can send a blank message.

I went and opened up BiteSMS and the message was there fully...

Anyone else notice this?

Also, just seeing this too...if you using the weather plug in (not weather/clock). When there are big names for your city and how the weather is outside (example- Scattered Thunderstorms, Partly Cloudly, etc etc) it will overlap the letters making it impossible to see the actual temp. It squishes it all together. Maybe a way to use abbreviations for it? like, Scattered T-Storms or P.Cloudy?
    Last edited by HighLife; 09-11-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sim888 View Post
    hi Stimpy...

i'm a paid user of lockinfo (great app!). So far i've had no issues really, but i just installed 2.3.6.6 and it puts the phone (3gs on 3.1.2) into a reboot loop (springboard hangs then just reboots). I saved myself having to restore by removing lockinfo dylibs and plists from mobilesubstrate/DynamicLibraries, the phone boots fine....anyways you have any idea why this would happen? or is there any way i can reinstall the previous working version (2.3.4.14 i think)?
    There must be a conflict with something on your phone. Install crash reporter and send me some crash logs and syslogs.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stimpy5050 For This Useful Post:

sim888 (09-11-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Using the trial of Lockinfo I don't seem to have this option...

What does "Extend to Botton" do?
    "Extend to Bottom" will make the LockInfo view extend to the bottom of the lockscreen. This is handy for people that use smaller custom unlock sliders.
    As the theme I am using (NineHD) has a smaller unlock slider I need to enable this, any clues?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post
    There must be a conflict with something on your phone. Install crash reporter and send me some crash logs and syslogs.
    Hi Stimpy, had to send via PM, had some username rights issues...anyways, incase you didn't the PM either for the same reasons, here's the crashlog/s, hope I've done it right, let me know otherwise.

The file "/usr/libexec/ptpd" of the your product "ptpd" has possibly caused a crash. Please find the relevant info (e.g. crash log and syslog) in the following URLs:

Private Paste - Pastie

Thanks for your attention.

/* Message generated by CrashReporter -cydia://package/crash-reporter */

Dear developer,

The file "/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBDeviceFamily.kext/PlugIns/IOUSBDeviceLib.plugin/IOUSBDeviceLib" of the your product "IOUSBDeviceLib" has possibly caused a crash. Please find the relevant info (e.g. crash log and syslog) in the following URLs:

Private Paste - Pastie

Thanks for your help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having a problem with the "Existing home page". I set up my springboard with 10 blanks and 10 icons (I've got the 5ColumnSpringBoard, it could be interfering), and I can't open any of my apps on the page. The only plugin I have enabled for the homescreen is the HTC Weather Plugin. Does anyone have this problem or know a fix for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello my theme (rp4k) HTML version does work but i think the issue is winterboard. If you install rp4k lockinfo theme then configure it by the config.js file then load the lockinfo.HTML page say in iFile. All the tabs and slides work. But once you activate it and respiring. It does not work on the lockscreen. I don't think davids lockinfo is the issue I think it's winterboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i used to be able to have my app icons on the same page of the homescreen but after the last update if i put them on there, lockinfo has higher priority or something and i cant press on any icons... is there a way to fix this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSI70Y's Avatar
    Thanks

Default biteSMS and LI - SMS tone plays twice!
    I'm not sure if this is a LI or biteSMS problem. I posted on biteSMS forum but the admin tell me its a LI problem

I wanted Lockinfo to manage my SMSs in my lockscreen, but at the same time turn the display on when a new one arrived.

in bite, if I set the lockscreen incoming SMS message to “Show Nothing” then I heard the sms tone but the screen does not turn on.

If I set the incoming SMS message to “Show Quick Reply” then I get the normal QR bite window and the screen turns on.

If I set the incoming SMS message to “Show Apple Alert” then I get the screen to turn on BUT I hear the SMS tone twice.

If I set lockinfo to manage my sms on my lockscreen and bite to display “apple alert” in lockscreen BUT disable ringtone in bite options I still hear the incoming tone in the lockscreen but NOT in unlocked mode. Is this then a bite or lockinfo issue.

It looks like lockinfo is making the sms sound even though bite has disabled it and when bite is enabled then because lockinfo makes the sound again, that is why i can hear it twice? Am I on the right track?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PSI70Y View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a LI or biteSMS problem. I posted on biteSMS forum but the admin tell me its a LI problem

I wanted Lockinfo to manage my SMSs in my lockscreen, but at the same time turn the display on when a new one arrived.

in bite, if I set the lockscreen incoming SMS message to “Show Nothing” then I heard the sms tone but the screen does not turn on.

If I set the incoming SMS message to “Show Quick Reply” then I get the normal QR bite window and the screen turns on.

If I set the incoming SMS message to “Show Apple Alert” then I get the screen to turn on BUT I hear the SMS tone twice.

If I set lockinfo to manage my sms on my lockscreen and bite to display “apple alert” in lockscreen BUT disable ringtone in bite options I still hear the incoming tone in the lockscreen but NOT in unlocked mode. Is this then a bite or lockinfo issue.

It looks like lockinfo is making the sms sound even though bite has disabled it and when bite is enabled then because lockinfo makes the sound again, that is why i can hear it twice? Am I on the right track?
    Solution (if you are using biteSMS 5 beta):

Disable the sms sound in settings.app. biteSMS 5 uses it's own sms sound. It seems like Lockinfo is playing the system standard sound when receiving a new sms.

With the sms sound disabled in settings.app the sound is only playing once when receiving a new sms on the lockscreen.

worked for me

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSI70Y's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for that. It might sound silly but i actually like the sms sent message but when i do this i dont get the sent tone. Its a good workaround but it shouldnt be like this