+ Reply
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: david ashmans lockinfo

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
*EDIT* Originally Posted by MOSHO92 Has anyone had any success with Ashman's Appigo ToDo plugin for lockinfo? I consistently get "Native rendering not supported." when enabled. I know it's a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Appigo todo plugin
    *EDIT*

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
    Has anyone had any success with Ashman's Appigo ToDo plugin for lockinfo? I consistently get "Native rendering not supported." when enabled. I know it's a beta, but I haven't heard any gossip about the problem/fix.

Thanks!
    Okay, I got it working with the Lockinfo Matte UI theme from the Harvest repo (simonv.chronophoto.fr/cydia/) and the LI Matte todo plugin (also from the harvest repo). I'd still like to see tasks supported in native rendering because IMO native rendering functions better than HTML on the lockscreen and looks nicer as well. If I knew how to code, I'd be on this like Apple on Psystar.
    Last edited by MOSHO92; 10-16-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    [Can't seem to delete a post]
    Last edited by scsi; 10-17-2009 at 07:54 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i would also like clarification about how to install the native applciation vs the html/winterboard one. i had previously run the winterboard-dependent one. While i loved it, it just slowed my phone down too much.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotrod View Post
    Thanks armadillo.

How do I get the native application? When I add the david.ashman.com/beta/ repo it only looks like the winterboard apps....it talks about version 1.0.90 adding info via javascript to winterboard.

Does the native version use javascript and html also? I want the best of both....speed and customization....too bad this iPhone is soo limited. It reminds me of my good old Treo 700w days before the 700wx came out.

Thanks

It's either native or html/javascript/css, you can't have both. The latest version of LI will auto-detect if you have a WB theme that contains lockinfo.html. If you do have an active theme, it will use the html version of rendering. If you don't, then it will render natively.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks
    armadillo, you seem to know alot about what's happening with this app, so I am wondering if you have know of any ToDo-solutions for LI that support native rendering (i.e. without WB installed), or anything coming up?

I am using LI for calendar events and email, and would love to be able to add a simple todo-list. For now, I create all-day events in the calendar, but it's a bit of a hassle.

Thanks

I have not tried any of the ToDo plugins and I don't use native rendering. The only advice I can give you is to install a plugin and see if works. LI will tell you if native rendering is supported for the plugin. If not, ask the developer to make the plugin compatible.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scsi View Post
    armadillo, you seem to know alot about what's happening with this app, so I am wondering if you have know of any ToDo-solutions for LI that support native rendering (i.e. without WB installed), or anything coming up?

I am using LI for calendar events and email, and would love to be able to add a simple todo-list. For now, I create all-day events in the calendar, but it's a bit of a hassle.
    Just FYI, all the todo plugins (so far) require an AppStore purchased todo app. The good ones are $9.99 but well worth it IMO. I'm using Appigo's ToDo.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
    Just FYI, all the todo plugins (so far) require an AppStore purchased todo app. The good ones are $9.99 but well worth it IMO. I'm using Appigo's ToDo.
    Thanks for the info!

I have no problem buying an app if it means I can get the list on the lock screen. I'm gonna see if there is a demo version of Appigo's ToDo available. But as you wrote in your previous post, the plugin for it doesn't support native?

Thanks

Thanks for the info!

I have no problem buying an app if it means I can get the list on the lock screen. I'm gonna see if there is a demo version of Appigo's ToDo available.

(Do you use a plugin for LI, and if so, does it work in native?)
    There is a light version of Appigo todo. I think there's a 10 task limitation or somthing, but its good enough to get a feel for it. iTunes link. Remarkably, the lockinfo todo plugin even works for todo lite.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stimpy5050's Avatar
    Thanks

Once I get the core LockInfo piece stable and complete (close), I'll be taking on native versions of many of the currently popular plugins, plus more.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stimpy5050 For This Useful Post:

gorob (11-05-2009)

Thanks

Alright Stimp! Just let the world know when it's ready, you've got buyers lined up!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help
    hi,

anybody else updated their lockinfo to 1.0.95 from cydia? i updated mine and now the calendar and todo does not show up in the lockscreen. im using the matte ui.

update: the calendar showed up after about 10 mins or so but the todo plugin still isnt showing up..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Todo Not working
    Just updated mine also (to 1.0.96), and also the To Do plug in isn't showing up on the lock-screen either... Other plug in's seemed to be a little slow to load, but are working. Using Matte UI

EDIT: Looks like they (creator included)are aware and will look into it soon...
    http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopi...=16794311&p=99
    Last edited by mtdg311; 10-22-2009 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks
    Yay!

Thanks
    David, since I can't register at MacThemes, where your "official" dev-thread is, I hope it's ok if I ask here;

In version 1.0.92 (and probably earlier), when I for example got an email while the phone was asleep, when I turned it on to see the lockscreen, LI was already showing the updated info. Like it actually painted all the graphics before the screen actually turned on.
    Now, with the later version (mainly tested 1.0.99), you can actually see an empty lockscreen for a split second, before LI appears with the info (or updates the info, if it was already showing something already).

Functionality-wise, there is no problem whatsoever, but esthetically, this "issue" makes it kind-of look like LI isn't a native part of the lockscreen, but an addon. So is it possible to do anything about this? I.e. actually do all the drawing before the screen actually turns on?

Please let me know if you need any more additional info about this!

Thanks
    Daniel

Edit: Also, the default "section_header.png", tho easily modifiable, doesn't go too well with the default lockscreen interface, where everything is semi-transparent en "glossy". I know that this really is nit-picking, but when the program eventually goes on sale, I think that this should be addressed! Hopefully on of the artists over at MacThemes can create a new heather for you, that looks more like a default iphoneOS element!
    Last edited by scsi; 10-24-2009 at 05:51 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Heelfan71's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are having trouble with everything not showing up after the last update, try going into settings and then "lock info". I did that and it said something about checking liscense (have no idea why), but all my stuff was showing up fine after that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i was using gruppled lockinfo prior to the graphic updates and it was causing a conflict where nothing would show up on the lockscreen but i could still scroll the background box... i disabled gruppled and got my info back ont he lock screen but now email updates are not showing my next step will be to ssh when i get home and see if removing gruppled completely fixes it - or are ppl having the same probleM?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Go into Lockinfo settings and set all plugins to show maximum number of messages. Then respring. That should get your info back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't know what I'm missing here but need some help. I'm only able to scroll using the top 1/3 of my lockscreen page. I have a small 'clear' window at the top that I can unfold the weather, calendar, etc. Below that on the bottom 2/3, I have a 'darker' window that I'm unable to select. I can't access the entire screen, only the top, clear 1/3. Stimpy, I can't post over at macthemes so wanted to post here. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stimpy5050's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jkarl View Post
    I don't know what I'm missing here but need some help. I'm only able to scroll using the top 1/3 of my lockscreen page. I have a small 'clear' window at the top that I can unfold the weather, calendar, etc. Below that on the bottom 2/3, I have a 'darker' window that I'm unable to select. I can't access the entire screen, only the top, clear 1/3. Stimpy, I can't post over at macthemes so wanted to post here. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated!
    Can you post a screenshot?

David, since I can't register at MacThemes, where your "official" dev-thread is, I hope it's ok if I ask here;

In version 1.0.92 (and probably earlier), when I for example got an email while the phone was asleep, when I turned it on to see the lockscreen, LI was already showing the updated info. Like it actually painted all the graphics before the screen actually turned on.
    Now, with the later version (mainly tested 1.0.99), you can actually see an empty lockscreen for a split second, before LI appears with the info (or updates the info, if it was already showing something already).

Functionality-wise, there is no problem whatsoever, but esthetically, this "issue" makes it kind-of look like LI isn't a native part of the lockscreen, but an addon. So is it possible to do anything about this? I.e. actually do all the drawing before the screen actually turns on?

Please let me know if you need any more additional info about this!

Thanks
    Daniel

Edit: Also, the default "section_header.png", tho easily modifiable, doesn't go too well with the default lockscreen interface, where everything is semi-transparent en "glossy". I know that this really is nit-picking, but when the program eventually goes on sale, I think that this should be addressed! Hopefully on of the artists over at MacThemes can create a new heather for you, that looks more like a default iphoneOS element!
    I'm not sure I completely agree with your point about the slight delay in loading the data onto the screen. I frequently run into the scenario where my mail icon shows new mail and when I go into the mail app (which is already running in the background), there is a slight delay before the mail shows on the screen.

Ultimately, it's a balance between battery life and usability. The more that's done in the background when you aren't actively using your phone (it's asleep, generally), the faster your battery will die. By waiting until you actually choose to turn on your screen, it reduces the drain on your battery.

I agree with your point on the header graphic. I'm working on a new one.
    Last edited by Stimpy5050; 10-27-2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia