+ Reply
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: david ashmans lockinfo

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Just donated Reinhold...looking forward to trying out this lockscreen.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just donated Reinhold...looking forward to trying out this lockscreen.

Thanks

My main email account is down for maintenance. It will be back online in 4 hours and then it may take a little for the messages to show up for me. As soon as that happens, you'll get the repo email.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

Just installed your Lockinfo theme, Reinhold, and need a little bit of help in figuring out how to configure it (since the LockInfo settings don't seem to affect it). Is there a guide, or might you perhaps PM me with some instructions? Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Just installed your Lockinfo theme, Reinhold, and need a little bit of help in figuring out how to configure it (since the LockInfo settings don't seem to affect it). Is there a guide, or might you perhaps PM me with some instructions? Thanks!
    in winterboard where you downloaded it check the More Info and youll have the guide right there
    no spam...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to addanny For This Useful Post:

eballesq (10-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi does the lockscreen remain as it with the answer option when a call comes in or does it switch to the ordinary wallpaper with the answer option? it seems lockinfo 1.0.84 made it stop workin?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Probably a silly question, but is there any way of preventing the weather from 'collapsing'? In other words, I want to always see the weather forecast. I didn't see anything in the config.js.
    I want the little collapse arrow to be gone.
    Thanks.
    ~Cachehog~
    3gs - 3.1JB

Edit: I did find where to remove the collapse arrow, and I disabled global hide and collapse.
    I can still tap on the time and collapse the section, but not as easily. So now I'm happy.
    Great job on the theme.
    Last edited by cachehog; 10-06-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I'll refund if you are not completely satisfied
    iPhone 3GS, Jailbroken on 3.0.1

First off want to say love your work with LockInfo. I do, however, have some problems.

It seems to be causing some problems with the way mail is handled.

1) Email msgs that are read and no longer new take a while or randomly decide to remove themselves from the lockscreen.
    2) If you delete the emails from the mail app or delete them from Gmail they still show up on the lockscreen. Not only that, if you go back into the mail app the emails are still there! It almost seems like the emails that show up on the lockscreen are their own instance and lockout the native mail app from deleting emails.

I also couldn't get weather to show up on my lockscreen. I've been scouring the net looking for some kind of user's guide etc, but to no avail.

I have every intentions of donating since I believe you should be rewarded for your work. But, I like to test things out and make sure they are working for me before I do so.

Thanks for your efforts!

Thanks

I don't know whether you are using my Aqwoah LockInfo, since I have not released it to the public (unless someone posted it somewhere without my permission). Since there are so many LockInfo versions, I don't know what specifically your problems are. I can say that on my iPhone, email behaves perfectly. I have not seen any sync problems with the latest versions of the LockInfo extension (it's been updated almost every day). In earlier versions, there was an occasional glitch after respring, where emails would not load and you had to press the home button one more time to make them load, but this apparently has been solved, since I see emails every time.

So to point

1) emails on my iPhone are exactly as they are in Mail.app. I'm not saying what you are seeing isn't correct. I just don't see it here, but I am monitoring this.

2) again, not happening here. Trust me, nothing in my html/css/js could possibly have any effect on mail.app. It's just not in the code.

Finally, do not donate based on my LockInfo modifications. This is my personal variant and I am just making it available as a courtesy to my donors. I take no credit and no responsibility, since it's based on the gruppled theme. I keep changing that theme though and I will be releasing an update shortly.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't know whether you are using my Aqwoah LockInfo, since I have not released it to the public (unless someone posted it somewhere without my permission). Since there are so many LockInfo versions, I don't know what specifically your problems are.
    Are you David Ashman? I added David Ashman's repository through Cydia.

Then installed through that.

I can say that on my iPhone, email behaves perfectly. I have not seen any sync problems with the latest versions of the LockInfo extension (it's been updated almost every day). In earlier versions, there was an occasional glitch after respring, where emails would not load and you had to press the home button one more time to make them load, but this apparently has been solved, since I see emails every time.

So to point

1) emails on my iPhone are exactly as they are in Mail.app. I'm not saying what you are seeing isn't correct. I just don't see it here, but I am monitoring this.

2) again, not happening here. Trust me, nothing in my html/css/js could possibly have any effect on mail.app. It's just not in the code.
    Understood. Weird behavior though. For now I've disabled the email functionality. The problem has not occurred again. Maybe it's the way I have things configured.

I'm going to keep trying to get the weather functionality running.

I hate not being able to figure things out. Thank you for your response.

Finally, do not donate based on my LockInfo modifications. This is my personal variant and I am just making it available as a courtesy to my donors. I take no credit and no responsibility, since it's based on the gruppled theme. I keep changing that theme though and I will be releasing an update shortly.
    Didn't know that. I do appreciate you making it available to the public.

Are you going to being making a paid version?

Thanks

No, I am nor David Ashman. He provides the LockInfo extension. That extension can handle two types of LockInfo screens: HTML-bsed or native rendering. You are probably using native rendering, which relies on plugins. I have tried those and, yes, they are indeed buggy also in my experience. There are HTML-based themes that are more flexible and IMHO much, Much, MUCH nicer in terms of visuals. One of those, is the Aqwoah LockInfo theme I provide through my private repo. This is what version 1.0 looks like:

Come visit AlohaSoft

Green Apple
    Thanks

No, I am nor David Ashman. He provides the LockInfo extension. That extension can handle two types of LockInfo screens: HTML-bsed or native rendering. You are probably using native rendering, which relies on plugins. I have tried those and, yes, they are indeed buggy also in my experience. There are HTML-based themes that are more flexible and IMHO much, Much, MUCH nicer in terms of visuals. One of those, is the Aqwoah LockInfo theme I provide through my private repo. This is what version 1.0 looks like:

Ah. Now I understand the confusion.

Now that I know this one is your version - I like it as well! =D

Is there a way to get a trial version?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kapolani View Post
    Ah. Now I understand the confusion.

Now that I know this one is your version - I like it as well! =D

Is there a way to get a trial version?
    Just pay the donation and add his source, the lockscreen is awesome(and well worth a donation) and there is alot of other cool stuff on there. worth every penny

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    Just pay the donation and add his source, the lockscreen is awesome(and well worth a donation) and there is alot of other cool stuff on there. worth every penny
    ^^^ +1

I added his Circula theme and requested about 40 icons -- all completed within 24 hours. Class act.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stimpy5050's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kapolani View Post
    iPhone 3GS, Jailbroken on 3.0.1

First off want to say love your work with LockInfo. I do, however, have some problems.

It seems to be causing some problems with the way mail is handled.

1) Email msgs that are read and no longer new take a while or randomly decide to remove themselves from the lockscreen.
    2) If you delete the emails from the mail app or delete them from Gmail they still show up on the lockscreen. Not only that, if you go back into the mail app the emails are still there! It almost seems like the emails that show up on the lockscreen are their own instance and lockout the native mail app from deleting emails.

I also couldn't get weather to show up on my lockscreen. I've been scouring the net looking for some kind of user's guide etc, but to no avail.

I have every intentions of donating since I believe you should be rewarded for your work. But, I like to test things out and make sure they are working for me before I do so.

Thanks for your efforts!
    On your email issues - The way the mail plugin reads the data from the mail database, there is no way it can cause emails to not be marked as read or to stick around longer than they should. I only READ the database. That is also why you might see a delay sometimes. The mail app locks the database so if the DB is still locked when I try to read the data, I just leave the data on the screen alone. It may look like the emails are still in your account, but they aren't.

For the weather, if you are running in native mode, install WeatherIcon along with a WeatherIcon theme and you can get weather on the lockscreen.

FYI - I am David Ashman.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post
    On your email issues - The way the mail plugin reads the data from the mail database, there is no way it can cause emails to not be marked as read or to stick around longer than they should. I only READ the database. That is also why you might see a delay sometimes. The mail app locks the database so if the DB is still locked when I try to read the data, I just leave the data on the screen alone. It may look like the emails are still in your account, but they aren't.

For the weather, if you are running in native mode, install WeatherIcon along with a WeatherIcon theme and you can get weather on the lockscreen.

FYI - I am David Ashman.
    Stimpy I've read some of your threads on some mac forums. I've been trying to find out what the problem is.

I downloaded Gruppled lockinfo and Teabackground. Got those to work.

The email bug still persists! I really don't know what to tell you. As soon as I disable the mail functionality my mail behavior goes back to normal.

When reading the database do you have to lock it? Or do you just have to query it and it returns data?

How the bug presents itself:

1) I will receive a msg and it will display on lockscreen.
    2) I will go to mail app, read msg, and then delete it.
    3) I lockscreen and see mail msg still on lockscreen.
    4) I'll go back to mail and the msg will reappear.
    5) At this point it will either just disappear or I'll have to delete again.
    6) msg indicator on lockscreen will then disappear after some time.

I don't really need the mail functionality, but it irks me I can't get it to work - I hate when something like that happens.

Anyway - like what you've done. Look forward to your updates.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post

FYI - I am David Ashman.
    You da MAN!!!
    Mobile Gear:
     MBP (Model - MB471ZP/A)
    Incase Nylon Messenger Bag | WaterField Designs Suede Jacket Sleeve | Razer Pro|Click V1.6

 8GB Apple iPhone (Model - MA712LL | Version 1.1.1 OTB | BL 3.9) - [Pwned] Version 3.1.2 (7D11) | Modem Firmware 04.05.04_G
    Apple In-Ear Headphones | WaterField Designs iPhone Suede Jacket

Green Apple
    Thanks

Armadillo, I moved over to this thread from LockCalendar, I didn't want to hijack that thread and ask questions about Lockinfo there.

But I would like some clarification. You say the native version doesn't require winterboard. But it seems like you are saying here the native version is buggy. Is that what you are saying? Does your version require winterboard? Does the native Lockinfo stress the phone for resources? Does yours?
    And David...I see you are here too...I'm really interested in trying Lockinfo,....feel free to answer my questions too. Armadillo just got me thinking about Lockinfo in another thread.

Thanks

It's really easy to compare native and html rendering, since all you have to do is turn on/off your html WB theme and LI will switch. I probably should not have made such a bold statement about plugins being buggy. When I tried native rendering, David was updating it on a daily basis. I just now tried it again and it seems to be working. It is now also clear that some of what I thought were bugs, simply reflects unsupported plugins for native rendering. For example I never could get the Date & Time to show up. Sure enough, it now says that it's not supported in native. Likewise, I had a voice mail when I tested it last and it wasn't shown. Again, the plugin is not supported in native rendering. But I also had trouble with emails not showing, although when I tested just now, they do seem to work. So I guess this is WIP and the bugs/features will eventually sort themselves out.

In the meantime, I'm happy with my html renders. The native version is not really customizable enough for my taste. If there was a simple way to theme native rendering, I'd give it a shot, but for now I just don't like its appearance and I prefer my own version. Sure, it's a tad slower, but IMHO much nicer. And yes, it does require WB.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks armadillo.

How do I get the native application? When I add the david.ashman.com/beta/ repo it only looks like the winterboard apps....it talks about version 1.0.90 adding info via javascript to winterboard.

Does the native version use javascript and html also? I want the best of both....speed and customization....too bad this iPhone is soo limited. It reminds me of my good old Treo 700w days before the 700wx came out.

Thanks

Reinhold,
    Since you're obviously pretty js savvy, I was wondering if you'e be interested in a plug-in project that I would pay you to write.
    You could also sell it on your repo... I think there would be a pretty solid interest in it.

The concept would be a sports schedule, based on a specific team.

In my case, it would be an NHL schedule for the Detroit Red Wings.
    The script would be user-editable for a specific team and schedule, and the routine would simply read the info and render it with team logo images on LockInfo, just like a calendar entry.
    Ideally, it would be a collapsible entry that would always show the next game date, and when expanded, could show a user-selected number of upcoming games.

I dont need you to supply the graphics, or write the schedule, the user would be responsible for that, I just need you to write the js code.
    I'm thinking that LockInfo could handle the plugin as a second, third, etc calendar?

Let me know what you think, and anyone else feel free to chime in if something like this would be something you might purchase as a plugin!

Heres something I slapped together to kindof illustrate my idea...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails david ashmans lockinfo-img_0145.png  
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!