+ Reply
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: david ashmans lockinfo

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by plaguedbyiphone Hi, I downloaded the cracked version of AppigoToDo to use with my (cracked)LockInfo. Although it displays in the Plugins section I can't prepare any ToDos becuase
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Heelfan71's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedbyiphone View Post
    Hi, I downloaded the cracked version of AppigoToDo to use with my (cracked)LockInfo. Although it displays in the Plugins section I can't prepare any ToDos becuase it asks me to list a "path". I have absolutely no idea what/where the path is/should be. Can someone pelase help me out on this? It's driving me crazy!!
    try this for your path

/buytheapp/anditmight/workyou/asshat

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heelfan71 For This Useful Post:

cachehog (02-19-2010), murray23 (02-20-2010), routey (02-22-2010), thefan (02-20-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

^5 + 1,000!!! LOL, for real! " I stole your app and your plugins, can you help me get them working?"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

dude, seriously, lockinfo aint that expensive... hell i'd pay twice that just to get it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is great. Anyway, does anybody know where I can find a .deb file with an older version of the ToDo plugin that is compatible with ToDo version 3.2? I can't update to v3.4 because it's not compatible with 3.1.1, and now the ToDo plugin does nothing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Did some searches but didn't seem to find an answer, so apologize if its been asked but I was wondering it if was possible to add the little dismiss (x) to missed calls?

Like the push notices and email and SMS, where you can clear them without needing to lock the phone? Sometimes I'll get a call when busy and if its not someone or something important Id like to be able to clear it without unlocking the phone.

Having it on there is not a huge deal, but since I also use notifier, not clearing the badge makes the phone keep doing its reminders every so often.

Any mod that can be made so that I can clear a missed call without needing to unlock the phone and open the phone app?

Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stimpy5050's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    Did some searches but didn't seem to find an answer, so apologize if its been asked but I was wondering it if was possible to add the little dismiss (x) to missed calls?

Like the push notices and email and SMS, where you can clear them without needing to lock the phone? Sometimes I'll get a call when busy and if its not someone or something important Id like to be able to clear it without unlocking the phone.

Having it on there is not a huge deal, but since I also use notifier, not clearing the badge makes the phone keep doing its reminders every so often.

Any mod that can be made so that I can clear a missed call without needing to unlock the phone and open the phone app?

Thanks.
    Next release will have this.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stimpy5050 For This Useful Post:

cachehog (02-21-2010), PhoneLine (02-20-2010)

Thanks

I cant decide if this putz should get credit for his honesty, or receive an award for the stupidest dipshit on this planet...

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedbyiphone View Post
    Hi, I downloaded the cracked version of AppigoToDo to use with my (cracked)LockInfo. Although it displays in the Plugins section I can't prepare any ToDos becuase it asks me to list a "path". I have absolutely no idea what/where the path is/should be. Can someone pelase help me out on this? It's driving me crazy!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

Skip, I vote the second option, regardless of "honesty". If he was honest, he wouldn't have used "cracked" versions to begin with. Award the man! LOL

11. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

cachehog (02-21-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post
    Next release will have this.
    just saw ur twit and the video you posted... when will we be expecting the new release? cant wait!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3zwB3gjI90]YouTube - LockInfo - InfoShade[/ame]

Thanks

Default Refreshing Help
    Is there a fix to get my weather updated? I still have weather from last week. Here are a few things I've tried/done.

I have a 32gig 3G S (3.1.2)
    A paid version of Lockinfo (ver. 2.1.0.2)
    On Lockinfo, I have Lock Weather as my choice with both Forecast and Calendar to show. (The problem happend B4 this choice was made)
    I have Weather Icon set to iPhone weather
    I have all plugins
    I tried to respring, power on/off, and tried to reinstall Lockinfo. But It don't do anything. I have not removed it from my phone because I do no want to pay for it again and it not work correctly.

Extra:

I wanted to change my icons to have "Spils" but unable to do so. I am puting icons in the respected folders for each change (I hope). Here is my path that I'm using to do so

/Library/LockInfo/Plugins/com.ashman.lockinfo.LockWeatherPlugin.bundle
    and
    /Library/LockInfo/Plugins/com.ashman.lockinfo.WeatherIconPlugin.bundle

Can someone please help me out? If I have left out anything please ask me or ping me if you have the answer. My ping is in my signature. THX
    The left is Clock Icon, and Weather Icon (Showing Null as weather from the Friday the 19th
    The right Lock Weather is showing weather from the same date

But it's been refreshed an the both still show wrong.
    If you need help, drop me a message.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brick James View Post
    Is there a fix to get my weather updated? I still have weather from last week. Here are a few things I've tried/done.

I have a 32gig 3G S (3.1.2)
    A paid version of Lockinfo (ver. 2.1.0.2)
    On Lockinfo, I have Lock Weather as my choice with both Forecast and Calendar to show. (The problem happend B4 this choice was made)
    I have Weather Icon set to iPhone weather
    I have all plugins
    I tried to respring, power on/off, and tried to reinstall Lockinfo. But It don't do anything. I have not removed it from my phone because I do no want to pay for it again and it not work correctly.
    I had similiar sort of problem - until I set both the Lock Weather on, and also enable the Weather Icon weather to show - so I have the clock at top with weather showing (LockWeather) - but this only updates if I also have the 'Weather Icon' weather enabled as a line showing on lockscreen too.

Now it updates properly for me, however I do have a extra line showing weather that I dont really need.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by murray23 View Post
    I had similiar sort of problem - until I set both the Lock Weather on, and also enable the Weather Icon weather to show - so I have the clock at top with weather showing (LockWeather) - but this only updates if I also have the 'Weather Icon' weather enabled as a line showing on lockscreen too.

Now it updates properly for me, however I do have a extra line showing weather that I dont really need.
    OK I've done the same as you have, re-sprung my phone and it updated it.

I will update this tomorrow to share with others of if it kept up and so forth. THX Murray23

Dave is it possible to look into this problem, as I am not the only one going through this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brick James View Post
    OK I've done the same as you have, re-sprung my phone and it updated it.

I will update this tomorrow to share with others of if it kept up and so forth. THX Murray23

Dave is it possible to look into this problem, as I am not the only one going through this.
    Cool - at least it works now. I tried playing around with it, but this was the only way I could get it to update properly all the time.

I think I mentioned it in a previous post or possibly in email to dev, and think David (Stimpy5050) said he was aware of the issue.

@Brick James - Lock Weather is dependent on WeatherIcon for its updates, by uninstalling the WeatherIcon plugin my Lock Weather no longer updates anymore.

Only with WeatherIcon installed, and WeatherIcon plugin activated - will my LockWeather update properly.
    Last edited by murray23; 02-23-2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Cool - at least it works now. I tried playing around with it, but this was the only way I could get it to update properly all the time.

I think I mentioned it in a previous post or possibly in email to dev, and think David (Stimpy5050) said he was aware of the issue.

@Brick James - Lock Weather is dependent on WeatherIcon for its updates, by uninstalling the WeatherIcon plugin my Lock Weather no longer updates anymore.

Only with WeatherIcon installed, and WeatherIcon plugin activated - will my LockWeather update properly.

The problem i see now is that I use the ZX5 theme and in it i need the weather icon to NOT SHOW but still be on page 0 so that when I press the screen it brings up my weather. SO I am stuck with a catch 22. Set the WeatherIcon to not show and my lock info is always out of date OR set it TO show and when I unlock I see the weather icon where I would rather not see it.

My trial runs till march 7th hopefully by then I have this all figured out. Also have to figure out the two clocks thing on the lockscreen.

Mark

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfurnace View Post
    The problem i see now is that I use the ZX5 theme and in it i need the weather icon to NOT SHOW but still be on page 0 so that when I press the screen it brings up my weather. SO I am stuck with a catch 22. Set the WeatherIcon to not show and my lock info is always out of date OR set it TO show and when I unlock I see the weather icon where I would rather not see it.

My trial runs till march 7th hopefully by then I have this all figured out. Also have to figure out the two clocks thing on the lockscreen.

Mark
    Sorry am not using the ZX5 theme - so cant help with that without having a chance to look at the theme.

As for the 2 clocks - are you referring to the default clock that comes on phone? If so you can remove it using "Lockscreen Clock Hide" - search on Cydia for it, it is on ModMyi repo.

Thanks

Mark
    I also have ZX5 and I see the problem. Couldn't we just make that icon transparent?

Thanks

probably been asked before, but there's one function I'm hoping there is a solution to (or that it's on the roadmap for a future release)...

So right now, my RSS feeds work and show up on Lockinfo. But they're a little bit limited, only showing the 1 or 2-sentence summary provided in the RSS description. I'd like for the RSS feeds I'm using to not just show their 1 or 2-sentence rss summary, but also have the link to the actual article that I can click on and have it open up Safari (or some sort of preview safari that opens right on top of the lockscreen like what Intelliscreen does).

Really, it's the only thing that keeps me coming back to Intelliscreen. Lockinfo is far superior for everything else...but my most used feature on Intelliscreen is the RSS feature, which opens a "Quick View" safari window and opens the full article. i've gotten accustomed to it and miss it greatly when using Lockinfo because in order to read the rest of the articles, I have to unlock the screen...then open Safari...then browse to the website...then try to find the article. Very obtuse.

if anyone knows of a solution to this or simply has some insight, I'd love to hear it. thanks.

Thanks

Default Try this

Mark
    ok you said that u had a catch 22 with the icon or not the icon. What I did was went into Weather Icon and @ the status bar selection I chose show image on, and my icon show image is off. and my lockinfo is updating. I hope this works for ALL of us as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    probably been asked before, but there's one function I'm hoping there is a solution to (or that it's on the roadmap for a future release)...

So right now, my RSS feeds work and show up on Lockinfo. But they're a little bit limited, only showing the 1 or 2-sentence summary provided in the RSS description. I'd like for the RSS feeds I'm using to not just show their 1 or 2-sentence rss summary, but also have the link to the actual article that I can click on and have it open up Safari (or some sort of preview safari that opens right on top of the lockscreen like what Intelliscreen does).

Really, it's the only thing that keeps me coming back to Intelliscreen. Lockinfo is far superior for everything else...but my most used feature on Intelliscreen is the RSS feature, which opens a "Quick View" safari window and opens the full article. i've gotten accustomed to it and miss it greatly when using Lockinfo because in order to read the rest of the articles, I have to unlock the screen...then open Safari...then browse to the website...then try to find the article. Very obtuse.

if anyone knows of a solution to this or simply has some insight, I'd love to hear it. thanks.
    I have RSS feeds in Lockinfo too - and it shows a 2 line preview - BUT if you tap this preview - it loads the article for reading (on top of the lockscreen - similiar to way it displays the emails if you tap on them).

Are you getting this too? Or do you mean - you would prefer it to launch in Safari - rather then show the 1 article in preview window??

Thanks

I have RSS feeds in Lockinfo too - and it shows a 2 line preview - BUT if you tap this preview - it loads the article for reading (on top of the lockscreen - similiar to way it displays the emails if you tap on them).

Are you getting this too? Or do you mean - you would prefer it to launch in Safari - rather then show the 1 article in preview window??
    sorry I wasn't more specific.

what I mean is this: you see the 2-line preview on your lockscreen. when you tap it, you don't see the article. you see a longer *preview* of the article. 1 paragraph or so. but if you were to go to the actual RSS feed on a web browser, you'll see a link to a full article (several paragraphs). the option to read the full article is the option I would like.

On Intelliscreen, when you tap on the RSS preview, it opens a "Quick View" safari browser right there on the lockscreen, giving access to the full article.

that's what I'm hoping to stumble upon.

edit: interestingly, I'm finding that some RSS feeds include only a paragraph...while others include full articles. CNN's Top Stories RSS feed, for example, shows only the opening paragraph of articles...or a summary paragraph. While Gizmodo's shows the full article.

I guess I'll just need to find RSS feeds that supply the full article in the RSS feed in the future. CNN and Yahoo News don't. I'll look around for more that do.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 02-25-2010 at 06:08 PM.