+ Reply
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: david ashmans lockinfo

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi guys, since this is the only thread I have found about this app, I was hoping I could get some questions answered. I am using this, replacing LockCalendar, which
    Thanks

Hi guys, since this is the only thread I have found about this app, I was hoping I could get some questions answered.
    I am using this, replacing LockCalendar, which I LOVE!
    But i'm having some issues with it that I hope you guys can shed some light on...
    I have the LockInfo theme and Weather theme installed and checked in winterboard. If I turn off "native rendering" the theme kicks in, but it will only show me my next calendar event, not the 7 days that it shows with native rendering turned on.

Also, there is no weather info of any kind shown within the lock screen! The extension is turned on, and the theme is checked!

And what is "Extended Prefs"?? That option seems to do absolutely nothing!

I have played with every setting combo, I have resprung & rebooted several times, and even tried moving the themes up and down the list in winterboard... any thoughts??

1st image is with Native Rendering on
    2nd image is with Native Rendering off
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails david ashmans lockinfo-img_0118.png   david ashmans lockinfo-img_0119.png  
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm looking for a moon phase plugin for this..one thats free...anyone have any ideas?
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Thanks

I can tell you that it's not simple and I spent long hours to develop such a moonphase plugin and then create attractive graphics that match weather icons. You can always write a plugin yourself and use some of the ugly gifs you may find on the web and make it available for free.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

I have been updating since ver 1.0.70. Version 1.0.80 continue to have the lockscreen background issues. It initially loads up but after going in and out of diff apps--it disappears and it freezes the clock. If I respring, it comes back and works for awhile?
    I have another iphone with version 1.0.70. Can I ssh the files to my so that both are on the older ver?
    What files would I need to copy to downgrade? Thanx for any help you can give me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i also updated to version 1.0.80, and now i am unable to lock my phone using the sleep/wake button. The only way i got it working was to disable lockinfo from mobile substrate through SBSettings

iPhone 3G 3.1

Thanks

PROBLEM:
    My LockInfo/Clock Hide/Dim Delay Settings have all disappeared from my General->Settings
    Ive uninstalled and reinstalled everything to see if it would come back in the Settings, and no such luck.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

no spam...

Thanks

Okay I just sent a donation.....

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I can tell you that it's not simple and I spent long hours to develop such a moonphase plugin and then create attractive graphics that match weather icons. You can always write a plugin yourself and use some of the ugly gifs you may find on the web and make it available for free.
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Thanks

Cool, thanks. You won't regret it. The next update will be very nice. You will be able to slide across multiple weather locations without eating more real estate. Just swipe left/right on the weather window to show the next/previous location. Plus optional scrolling RSS feeds of your choice (working on the swiping now) plus swiping monthly calendars (not just current month).
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

Cool, thanks. You won't regret it. The next update will be very nice. You will be able to slide across multiple weather locations without eating more real estate. Just swipe left/right on the weather window to show the next/previous location. Plus optional scrolling RSS feeds of your choice (working on the swiping now) plus swiping monthly calendars (not just current month).
    That would all be amazing Reinhold keep it Up!!!
    no spam...

Thanks

Thanks for all the help folks... this is what I love about this site... people are always asking me for help, and I always give it. On those exceptionally rare occasions when I ask for help, I get completely ignored as if my friggin post is invisible!
    The only response I got from my request for help was a PM asking for my signal bars images! Well, I think this one sided relationship between me and the MMI community is over.

How much of a donation will it take to get a weather theme that actually does something? And a calendar plugin theme that shows more than 1 day??
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

Sorry, I would have loved to help you, but I work on a specialized lockscreen that is a modified version of the Gruppled theme. So you are using the standard Matte UI LockInfo theme. I have tried that, but I encountered even worse problems in that nothing would show up for me. So I never even tried to troubleshoot that one. Check out this post (#1781):

http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...qwoah-119.html

That's the current implementation (you will see multiple days and events if you have them even in this released version). But check out these:

-

These are the latest version I'm working on. Now with multiple weather locations (done), multiple scrolling RSS feeds (done; currently switching is done by tap, but am working on swipe switch). In any case, the multiple calendar entries will show up depending on your settings in config.js.

If you are interested, hit the link in my sig.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

Any response is better than being totally ignored, which warrants a donation, which I just sent. I look forward to trying this theme.

Sorry, I would have loved to help you, but I work on a specialized lockscreen that is a modified version of the Gruppled theme. So you are using the standard Matte UI LockInfo theme. I have tried that, but I encountered even worse problems in that nothing would show up for me. So I never even tried to troubleshoot that one.

If you are interested, hit the link in my sig.

Thanks

I'll refund if you are not completely satisfied
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

No need... I love it.
    ive been screwing around with it on and off today, and ive got it just the way I want it. i'm just above amateur when it comes to java script, and I found all the values I wanted to tweak, except for one... and I need your help with it, because its erking me.

I cant find the value that causes the "location" field on the calendar events to indent at about 100px. I would prefer that value to be aligned just like the email "subject" value.

Also, maybe you can clue me about why I cant get a pm value for the moon phase.

see screenshots...

I'll refund if you are not completely satisfied
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails david ashmans lockinfo-img_0125.png   david ashmans lockinfo-img_0126.png  

Thanks

the location field is not really indented at all. The way this works is that the html is built as a table with different columns (divs). So there is one column that displays the start time (startText variable) and then the next column contains titleText + locationText. The relevant code is in lockinfo.js and you can search for this string (the code doesn't paste correctly in the forum):

html += (startText ?

I'm not sure why you want to change this, since it makes perfect sense to have the location indented rather than underneath the times. If you have back-to-back meetings in various locations, it looks better to have the times stand out rather than buried in a block of multicolored text. But feel free to change this.
    Last edited by armadillo; 10-02-2009 at 06:57 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

I see your point... No suggestion on the moon phase issue?

Thanks

I have seen that on rare occasion (I currently have three weather locales and they all behave just fine). I think it's an intermittent problem with the AccuWeather xml. It usually rectifies itself after a while. What's your zipcode, so I can see what the xml looks like when the NaNs show up (NaN means Not a Number, btw)
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

89032 - North Las Vegas, Nevada

I have seen that on rare occasion (I currently have three weather locales and they all behave just fine). I think it's an intermittent problem with the AccuWeather xml. It usually rectifies itself after a while. What's your zipcode, so I can see what the xml looks like when the NaNs show up (NaN means Not a Number, btw)

Thanks

Okay, it is as I suspected. AccuWeather has no moonrise time in the record. Here are the relevant XML fields for your zip code:

HTML Code:
        <Planets>
            <Sun rise="6:37" set="18:24"/>
            <Moon rise="--:--" set="5:05"/>
            <Mercury rise="5:15" set="17:42"/>
    And these are the ones for Honolulu:

HTML Code:
        <Planets>
            <Sun rise="6:22" set="18:18"/>
            <Moon rise="16:48" set="5:03"/>
            <Mercury rise="5:11" set="17:27"/>
    I'm sure it will be fine tomorrow. If you want to check it yourself, here is the link for the vegas forecast:

http://apple.accuweather.com/adcbin/...?zipcode=89032

Another day another moonrise As predicted, Vegas has got its moonrise back:

HTML Code:
        <Planets>
             <Sun rise="6:38" set="18:22"/>
             <Moon rise="17:23" set="6:05"/>
             <Mercury rise="5:13" set="17:41"/>
    So you should now have everything working.
    Last edited by armadillo; 10-03-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

This was well worth the donation.