+ Reply
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: david ashmans lockinfo

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you update weather icon (on this morning a receive an update from cydia refresh) this will make dissapear the weather icon plugin from lockinfo :S

anyone knows how to take it back???

(sorry for my english, im from spain)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

I have the same bug. Hopefully we get WeatherIcon and LockInfo updates soon. Stange thing is I theme LockInfo with the 235_teehanlax_Lockinfo.theme and the weather info shows up correctly. Could be a settings/plist issue.

Update: Installing the WeatherIcon plugin for LockInfo from Cydia corrected this issue for me.
    Last edited by metaserph; 12-17-2009 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

tommi7 (12-17-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Didn't know about the new plugin, but works great. After installing it also fixed the uncorrect spelling of some Cities in Lockinfo. Thanks for the info.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Same thing happened to me.

I'm a software engineer. Very bad form to break things with updates. I was able to fix the problem by installing the plugin. Although this fixed the problem it still broke the stable build of the end user.

Love your product. Just a friendly suggestion: you might want to have a small group of dedicated 'testers' that you can distribute betas to so that it can be tested before release.

oo3
    Thanks

did something happen to lockinfo in Cydia? I can't find it anywhere.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    did something happen to lockinfo in Cydia? I can't find it anywhere.
    I had the same problem, if you have another source like xsellize or sinful iphone that has a cracked version of it, it will override the lockinfo source on modmyi.com.

I had to remove the conflicting sources, then everything was ok.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

oo3 (12-18-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I had the same problem, if you have another source like xsellize or sinful iphone that has a cracked version of it, it will override the lockinfo source on modmyi.com.

I had to remove the conflicting sources, then everything was ok.
    Yeah, those cracked versions really were messing me up. I'm hoping I did a clean delete of the conflicting urls via ssh. So far so good!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stimpy5050's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kapolani View Post
    Same thing happened to me.

I'm a software engineer. Very bad form to break things with updates. I was able to fix the problem by installing the plugin. Although this fixed the problem it still broke the stable build of the end user.

Love your product. Just a friendly suggestion: you might want to have a small group of dedicated 'testers' that you can distribute betas to so that it can be tested before release.
    The issue was that the changelog in Cydia didn't include the correct notes about the plugin being separated into it's own package. I contacted ModMyI and they fixed that.

As a software engineer, you surely know that regressions are a fact of life. Though this case was not a regression (just a documentation issue), regressions will happen, even with extensive testing.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your replies Dave. I hope you're better now.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with sporadic crashes with the latest version? I'm running the ToDo plugin and clock/calender plugin (latest versions).

I made sure it was Lockinfo that was causing the crashes before posting which is why I havent posted this issue sooner; basically I get really random crashes where the phone will go to safe mode with no pattern that I can see. Some times it will go for 2-3 days with no problems at all, other times it will crash 10 times within 30minutes. Generally it crashes around once a day, but the days when it plays up it can crash up to 15-20 times if I dont disable it. If I disable Lockinfo via Rock my iphone never crashes (tested over nearly 2 week period without a crash). Anything I can do to fix this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stimpy5050's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo666 View Post
    Thanks for your replies Dave. I hope you're better now.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with sporadic crashes with the latest version? I'm running the ToDo plugin and clock/calender plugin (latest versions).

I made sure it was Lockinfo that was causing the crashes before posting which is why I havent posted this issue sooner; basically I get really random crashes where the phone will go to safe mode with no pattern that I can see. Some times it will go for 2-3 days with no problems at all, other times it will crash 10 times within 30minutes. Generally it crashes around once a day, but the days when it plays up it can crash up to 15-20 times if I dont disable it. If I disable Lockinfo via Rock my iphone never crashes (tested over nearly 2 week period without a crash). Anything I can do to fix this?
    There is one known bug in the current release (1.1.14) that can cause crashes and it's fixed in the next release. If you install Crash Reporter from cydia and send me the crash report for the last time it crashed, I can take a look. You can also try the current beta available on my source to see if it helps: LockInfo

PS - Feeling much better, thanks for asking.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! Downloaded beta, no crashes yet so fingers crossed

Thanks

I've been using the new lockinfo beta 1.1.14-11 and it's really working well however the push notifications are no longer being blocked by the built in blocker so I get the lockinfo and blue badge notification. Can you put it back the way it was before with the blue badge notification being blocked when locked?
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Push notification plugin
    David there appears to be an issue with this and Calendar events.

I tried this today and turned on the popup blocker. The Push section now appears in my lock screen but is not detecting Calendar events. I've had two calendar events today which should have come up but didn't and nothing appears in the Push section.

I just disabled to popup blocker in LockInfo settings, turned off the Push plugin and rescheduled a "missed" reminder for 5 minutes later and did a respring. This time the Calendar reminder popped up.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by gadgetguy; 12-29-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks

Any idea when you will release the new version? I just bought it but i can't use once in a while my iphone just crashes.

Thanks

Default Extened Calendar
    I am using Lockinfo without winterboard. Is there a way to turn off the extended calendar? I want my calendar entries but dont want to see the whole month on the lockscreen. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,186 Times in 2,088 Posts

Go into Settings app-->Lockinfo-->Plugins-->Clock and toggle on Collapsed By default.
    In Settings app-->Lockinfo scroll down to Sections and toggle on Collapsable Sections.
    You can set all plugins to collapse by default.
    Last edited by wim66; 01-04-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wim66 View Post
    Go into Settings app-->Lockinfo-->Plugins-->Clock and toggle on Collapsed By default.
    In Settings app-->Lockinfo scroll down to Sections and toggle on Collapsable Sections.
    Yes, I see that but I dont want that section at all collapsed or not. So not sure if I can do that. But thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't have Winterboard and don't have a calendar either - just appointments. I've never seen a Calendar with the "native" LockInfo. How do you turn it on?

Quote Originally Posted by djdizzy View Post
    I am using Lockinfo without winterboard. Is there a way to turn off the extended calendar? I want my calendar entries but dont want to see the whole month on the lockscreen. Thanks!
    Last edited by gadgetguy; 01-04-2010 at 10:03 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

FYI, recent tweet from Stimpy5050. Looking very promising:

"Stimpy5050

LI 2.0 - Email previews. Push notifications. Manual refresh for mail, twitter and weather. Mark SMS/mail as read from lockscreen..."

He is hoping to release this week!
    kwickone I.T.H.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetguy View Post
    I don't have Winterboard and don't have a calendar either - just appointments. I've never seen a Calendar with the "native" LockInfo. How do you turn it on?
    Its the clock plugin for lockinfo. It includes the clock and a calendar

Quote Originally Posted by wim66 View Post
    Actually, after playing with the app a a little more this is exactly what I wanted. Thank you!!!
    Last edited by djdizzy; 01-05-2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost