+ Reply
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: david ashmans lockinfo

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hope you get well soon David. Look forward to the issues resolved and being able to use LI.
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

Hope you get well soon David. Look forward to the issues resolved and being able to use LI.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Latest update fixed my Homescreen issue! Thanks Dave!

Hope you are feeling better too!
    Last edited by kwickone; 12-05-2009 at 08:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Take care of yourself David!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

Latest update to Native Matte is much more stable for me, no problems so far. Now on to test plugins.

Thanks

Hoping someone out there can help me with this one. I've tried posting in other forums, but haven't had any luck finding an answer. And, since it seems like all the lockinfo experts are right here, including David (hope you get well soon) I figured I'd pose my question in this thread. Forgive me if I'm jumping in here...

I'm trying to use WeatherIcon icons to replace the static SB weather icon(modified Gruppled WeatherIcons - credit where credit's due). Currently I have these icons in the com.apple.springboard folder of my theme. They are named weather0_day.png, weather0_night.png, weather1_day.png, weather1_night.png, etc...

The WeatherIcon change works perfectly on the SB, replacing the stock weather icon with the new ones as the weather changes.

The problem I'm having is that when I run this theme in conjunction with LockInfo > NativeMatte theme, my WeatherIcon icons show up in LockInfo. I realize it's the nature of the native theme to use the native files, but I really need a workaround.

Is there a different folder I should put the icons in rather than com.apple.springboard? Or can I incorporate a LockInfo theme within my theme? I wouldn't mind doing an entire LockInfo theme to match my Winterboard Theme, but I can't figure out how to avoid having these WeatherIcon icons showing up in the LockInfo weather.

Any ideas? (Thanks in advance)

Screenies:

Last edited by ErnieChiara; 12-07-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks

It can't be done dude. Sorry, but if you want unique weather icons for LI, you have to use a LI html theme... period.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieChiara View Post
    Hoping someone out there can help me with this one. I've tried posting in other forums, but haven't had any luck finding an answer. And, since it seems like all the lockinfo experts are right here, including David (hope you get well soon) I figured I'd pose my question in this thread. Forgive me if I'm jumping in here...

I'm trying to use WeatherIcon icons to replace the static SB weather icon(modified Gruppled WeatherIcons - credit where credit's due). Currently I have these icons in the com.apple.springboard folder of my theme. They are named weather0_day.png, weather0_night.png, weather1_day.png, weather1_night.png, etc...

The WeatherIcon change works perfectly on the SB, replacing the stock weather icon with the new ones as the weather changes.

The problem I'm having is that when I run this theme in conjunction with LockInfo > NativeMatte theme, my WeatherIcon icons show up in LockInfo. I realize it's the nature of the native theme to use the native files, but I really need a workaround.

Is there a different folder I should put the icons in rather than com.apple.springboard? Or can I incorporate a LockInfo theme within my theme? I wouldn't mind doing an entire LockInfo theme to match my Winterboard Theme, but I can't figure out how to avoid having these WeatherIcon icons showing up in the LockInfo weather.

Any ideas? (Thanks in advance)
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

What strikes me as ood is that your live weather icons appear white and in LI they are dark. Maybe you can tweak it such that they look acceptable in both configurations.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

TheOnlyest: Thanks for the info. That's what I was afraid of.

armadillo: The icon is actually #000 black at 40% opacity. The cloud is hollow negative space. On SB the wallpaper shows through the icon, but when it shows up on LI it appears dark since it's placed against the header image.

Wish there was a way to keep the icons working properly on the SB with WeatherIcon, while keeping them from showing up in LI. I guess an html LI theme is the only way, as TheOnlyest suggests.

Thanks for the help.

armadillo: I just realized what you meant... The icons in LI below the days of the week are the "day" icons. The one that's in the SB screenie is a "night" icon.

This is what the SB looks like during the day.
    Last edited by ErnieChiara; 12-08-2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well, there is your solution. Invert the weather icons with no transparency (make the light). Then invert the background weather icon on the home screen. That way, both screens will look great with light icons.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

By "invert" do you mean from black to white? The whole idea of this theme is that all of the icons are black at 40% opacity (with varying degrees of transparency in the shading). Not sure how it would look with just the weather icons in white and the rest in black. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean. Which is not unlikely :-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MC_KNuCKLeHeaD's Avatar
    Thanks

how do i get rid of the honolulu loction? and put ny

Thanks
    Thanked 16,731 Times in 4,446 Posts

if you have Aqwoah theme SSH to your themes/aqwoah lockinfo/bundles/com.ashman.lockinfo and edit config.js
    otherwise lockinfo uses weathericon which gets info from first city in weather app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is it possible to install a 'tap to unlock' slider replacement to go with LockInfo without Winterboard?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,186 Times in 2,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetguy View Post
    Is it possible to install a 'tap to unlock' slider replacement to go with LockInfo without Winterboard?
    Nice timing, ModMyi released "A Nicer Tap To Unlock" today.
    You'll find it in Cydia, but you will need Winterboard I think.
    [edit]
    It can be done without Winterboard, but than you'll have to replace the images in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/.
    Take bottombarknobgreen.png, bottombarknobgray.png and bottombarknobred.png from "A Nicer Tap To Unlock" (or from any theme) and put them in mentioned folder.
    Last edited by wim66; 12-10-2009 at 04:47 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, this partially worked but I screwed up by copying a file called bottombarbkgndlock instead of bottombarknobred.png. Stupidly I didn't backup the original files.

Now I have the small padlock which I can tap to unlock but I also have half of the 'slide to unlock' text above it but moved to the right rather than centred so its truncated. So it actually says 'slide to u'. I'm not sure how to attach a screenshot like the others here so here's a link to a pic on an external site:

I'd appreciate any help to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by wim66 View Post
    Nice timing, ModMyi released "A Nicer Tap To Unlock" today.
    You'll find it in Cydia, but you will need Winterboard I think.
    [edit]
    It can be done without Winterboard, but than you'll have to replace the images in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/.
    Take bottombarknobgreen.png, bottombarknobgray.png and bottombarknobred.png from "A Nicer Tap To Unlock" (or from any theme) and put them in mentioned folder.
    Last edited by gadgetguy; 12-10-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks

Here's the entire TelephonyUI.framework folder of original images... use what you need, get things back to original and start over.

From now on, any files you're going to replace, just rename the original files with a "_" as the first character, this makes it easier to rename the file back when you screw something up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOnlyest For This Useful Post:

gadgetguy (12-11-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay I did this again and replaced the correct files but I still get the truncated 'slide to u' going from the middle of the screen off the right hand edge.

All the tutorials I've found to edit this text are all pre 3.1.2 or require Winterboard. Anyone know how I can set the text to null on 3.1.2 via ssh rather than a Winterboard-based app?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,186 Times in 2,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetguy View Post
    Thanks, this partially worked but I screwed up by copying a file called bottombarbkgndlock instead of bottombarknobred.png. Stupidly I didn't backup the original files.
    That's ok, bottombarbkgndlock is now transparent in your screenshot, like it should be.
    You can change the "Slide to Unlock" text in /system/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings
    Make a backup, I always zip a file before making any changes.
    You'll have to open SpringBoard.strings in iFile to be able to read it, it's binary.
    Search for AWAY_LOCK_LABEL and change the text to " ".
    Last edited by wim66; 12-11-2009 at 04:36 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to wim66 For This Useful Post:

gadgetguy (12-11-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Perfect, I also removed the text for the power off slider.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Where are the updates on this?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did