+ Reply
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: david ashmans lockinfo

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I have to disagree with you, i'm pretty good with CSS and I have spent countless hours and tried everything to tweak the padding and margins. You CAN alter the
    Thanks

I have to disagree with you, i'm pretty good with CSS and I have spent countless hours and tried everything to tweak the padding and margins.
    You CAN alter the top and bottom resting place of the content, but if you scroll the page, it will still push the content to the limit of the top and bottom because the core LockInfo code controls the position of the overall content area.

You may notice that my LockInfo sits 10px below the status bar, I could only achieve that by using a transparent lockclock font and making a custom .plist file to hide the date... then I made a transparent UILCDBackground.png file that is only 1px x 10px.

That method will not help with widgets, as the widgets will also push down below the UILCDBackground.png image and still be positioned behind LockInfo.

In other words, you CAN add padding commands to the CSS, and it WILL allow the widget to be visible if the content is in the default top position, but as soon as you scroll, the LockInfo content will go to the top limit and cover up the widget.

I hope that made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    This is simply not true for HTML themes. It is quite easy to set the viewport and make space at the top. According to your screenshot, you are using my Aqwoah LockInfo theme with custom header bars. So you can easily change the top if edit the css. Obviously, native rendering would require Dave to modify the margins.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

Okay, yes, the scrolling will go all the way to the top. But is that a problem? If it is, then there is no real solution. I doubt that anyone would mind to have the contents scroll over a giant flip-clock (it escapes me why people bother with LI if they are willing to sacrifice information for eye candy. Those people would be better served with widget extensions...
    Come visit AlohaSoft

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Funnily enough my v1.1.9 email works fine. I've tried enabling the app again but it crashed several times again. I've since disabled ClockHide and am waiting to see if this makes a difference.

On the email issue, maybe its the type of account? I have a Yahoo-based account working.

I also have no theming going on and have a pretty vanilla setup - LockInfo with Weather, Calendar, email. The content (when it doesn't crash) is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    As wonderful as it would be to get that done... i'd rather FIRST see an update that fixes the email! My email always worked perfect until 1.1.9 when the "Fixed mail plugin ignoring selected accounts" was added, having the exact opposite effect on my phone! I currently have 9 unread emails in my phone... LockInfo says "0".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone know how the lockinfo update could possibly stop my homescreen bookmrks from working?

Thanks

I don't see the ability to position LI to be aesthetically pleasing as "sacrificing information"! There is no information sacrificed just to have your widgets and other nifty lock screen functions displayed separately, rather than layered on top of each other!

To each his own buddy, there's no need to get bent about other peoples customization preferences. And not EVERYONE is savvy with editing and writing CSS code!

Obviously I dont have a giant HTC flip-clock... but some very useful widgets make the widget and LI both very difficult to read if they are layered on top of each other.
    Try tapping on something in a widget with LI on top of it... it turns into a collapsing/expanding nightmare!

I guess the enigma is, if Dave was going to tweak LI to play nice with Cydget, why didnt he make LI's size and position customizable so that wigets could actually be used!? Hell, even the LI Cydget hogs the whole screen... so I dont even understand the point of making it... just use the LI standalone and save yourself flash memory and system resources!

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Okay, yes, the scrolling will go all the way to the top. But is that a problem? If it is, then there is no real solution. I doubt that anyone would mind to have the contents scroll over a giant flip-clock (it escapes me why people bother with LI if they are willing to sacrifice information for eye candy. Those people would be better served with widget extensions...
    I have 6 email accounts on my phone, 4 pop and 2 AOL, LI worked perfectly with all of them up to and including version 1.1.8.
    Now LI only shows mail from the 1st account on my list and ignores the other 5. Not to mention that my "trash" and "sent" folders for my pop accounts all disappear when I reboot, respring or force-close my mail app.
    If I delete or send something, the folder comes back, and all my old sent and deleted mail is still in there.... its been making me crazy for 5 days now!

I even managed to remove and reinstall JUST the MobileMail.app, and the folders STILL keep disappearing!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetguy View Post
    Funnily enough my v1.1.9 email works fine. I've tried enabling the app again but it crashed several times again. I've since disabled ClockHide and am waiting to see if this makes a difference.

On the email issue, maybe its the type of account? I have a Yahoo-based account working.
    Last edited by TheOnlyest; 11-30-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hopefully David is looking at some of the issues in the lastest version but its a bit quiet here right now!

Thanks

I always come back to purpose. It seems that these days many people want to (ab)use the Lockscreen for all sorts of interactive stuff. And sure, one can do a lot to tweak it that way. I am not trying to dictate what people should or should not do on their Lockscreen. Obviously, this is all a matter of preference. IMHO (and I don't get bent out of shape about other people's preferences), the Lockscreen really is something you want to consult at a glance without actually opening your iPhone unless some info makes that an appropriate action. There should be minimal interaction. Otherwise your better off just unlocking and access the app you need.

Cydgets is currently a silly proposition, since every cydget uses its own page. If it were modular like LI, then that would be a different issue, but in its present form I personally think it mostly sucks.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

And I always come back to Intelliscreen. I can check email in 3 different accounts, updates live as the emails come, I can quickview emails, sms and rss feeds and launch the appropiate app, if needed from the lockscreen. Regardless of the "bad press" Intelliscreen seems to get in this forum, it still performs these functions without a hitch, for me. I agree with Armadillo, maybe some folks are expecting or wanting too much from their lockscreen app. But my point is, and remains: if Intelliscreen ALREADY performs all of these, why can't we expect the other offerings to do at least as much? That's the bar I am using to measure what's coming. Mind you, I endorse developers and have purchased licenses from other programs like Intelliscreen to encourage them to put out a quality product and so I may have other choices at my discretion to use.

Thanks

I think that LI caters to those of us who like to theme, style, and adjust the contents. This is particularly true for the HTML-based themes. In IntelliScreen, you are stuck with what the app offers you. In LI, you can change stuff to your liking. I have to admit that native render is not that themeable, but the HTML stuff is way better than IS. Besides, IS is what $10? LI is $5 and constantly updated.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

Well, so far constantly updated still means not fully functional, for me. I guess depends where you are coming from. I spend more than $5 at Starbucks so I just cut back on a cup of coffee. But besides, my real point, Intelliscreen IS themeable, I've done a few mods on the panes myself. However, my main point is: I'd rather have something that works well, then looks good than to have something that looks cool but is not fully functional. But that's just me. If I paid $10 for something that works, it's a better investment than $5 for something that fails. For the record, I also paid the $5 for LockInfo, I'm just waiting for an update that will make it a bit more functional. Just saying..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

two quick questions:

one, do you ever plan on adding RSS news feeds like LI Matte UI into native rendering? can't live without the new york times headlines updated on my lockscreen.

second, the last two updates i've seen information about delaying the dimming/turning off of the lockscreen when you're using it, but this doesn't seem to work with LI Matte UI. is this just a problem with html rendering or am i missing something?

thanks.

edit: seems like an update was just put out that clears up the second issue, screen no longer turns off using matte ui when touching it occasionally. my first question still stands
    Last edited by fakeyfakerson; 12-01-2009 at 01:06 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    The only way this can ever be resolved is if Mr Ashman incorporates top AND bottom padding options in the LockInfo setting app.
    If this option is incorporated I would purchase this app. Like a few others my locksreen background has some info at the top of the screen that I would like to see.

Thanks

So, yesterday im all excited that a new update for this came through!
    I had uninstalled 1.1.9-1 because of all the problems I was having with my email folders disappearing. So I installed the new version only to discover that my trial period apparently ended yesterday too.

SO, today I purchased this in the hope that all my issues were resolved.

I did notice that there is a new option in the mail plugin for "inbox only"?? Which seems VERY telling about the issue I'm having with my "trash" and "sent" folders for all my pop accounts disappearing!?

- It is correctly displaying my email from all accounts
    - Mail app runs and launches correctly again
    - The dim-delay (with html themes) now actually works! YAY!
    - LI displays correctly on my lockscreen AND homescreen

I still have disappearing "trash" and sent" folders on my pop accounts when I respring... I guess i'll have to live with it until I have a few hours to blow on a full restore.
    Last edited by TheOnlyest; 12-01-2009 at 11:09 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

FWIW on my issue:

The latest update fixed my disappearing icons on Springboard (I use LI on Homescreen only)...but LI still does not show on Homescreen.
    kwickone I.T.H.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The latest update seems to have resolved my crashes
    but my home screen bookmarks still don't work. Seeing as the poster above had homescreen issues with lockscreen too is it possible LS caused this?

Thanks

Update for Dave. In my troubleshooting, I found that I can disable both RYP Extension and MobileSubstrate Extensions from the Rock App. So I disabled a couple, then more and more. Now I have all of RYP Apps disabled, and almost all MS Extensions disabled (with the exception of things like libhide, MServer, PreferenceLoader, and LockInfo).

When it resprings I see LI on my Homepage for about 2-3 seconds, then it disappears and my icons "move" back over because LI is no longer taking a page. I am at a loss. This method "appears" to have ruled out any conflicts with other MS apps or RYP apps.

HTH
    kwickone I.T.H.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    Update for Dave. In my troubleshooting, I found that I can disable both RYP Extension and MobileSubstrate Extensions from the Rock App. So I disabled a couple, then more and more. Now I have all of RYP Apps disabled, and almost all MS Extensions disabled (with the exception of things like libhide, MServer, PreferenceLoader, and LockInfo).

When it resprings I see LI on my Homepage for about 2-3 seconds, then it disappears and my icons "move" back over because LI is no longer taking a page. I am at a loss. This method "appears" to have ruled out any conflicts with other MS apps or RYP apps.

HTH
    Honestly, you have so much junk on your phone I'm surprised you don't have more problems. If you want to troubleshoot uninstall absolutely everything from rock, cydia, whatever, but the bare essentials required to run LI. If it doesn't keep happening then it isn't LI's fault.

Thanks

One man's junk is another man's treasure Welcome to MMi Mr. FakeyFakerson (love that screenname).

And FWIW, I have VERY minimal problems...maybe one SB safe mode every couple/few weeks. Sometimes even less frequent. Isn't the whole point of Mobile Substrate a "safe" way to do things the native os cannot?

Anyway, I may look to start fresh here in a but just for the fun of it. I am a glutton for punishment!
    Last edited by kwickone; 12-02-2009 at 06:52 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So any news on native RSS feeds?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stimpy5050's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo666 View Post
    The latest update seems to have resolved my crashes
    but my home screen bookmarks still don't work. Seeing as the poster above had homescreen issues with lockscreen too is it possible LS caused this?
    Issues with homescreen bookmarks are usually due to an old version of the Todo plugin. Make sure you're running 1.1.1.

I have been pretty quiet on the forum because I'm dealing with some health issues and I'm trying to focus on working out the last kinks in the mail and disappearing homescreen issues (neither are reproducible on my phone). But no fears - I'm still working on it.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Stimpy5050 For This Useful Post:

ErnieChiara (12-07-2009)